Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Facebook rant (awkward friendship stuff)  (Read 5332 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: Facebook rant (awkward friendship stuff)
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 01:06:19 PM »

The 'vague booking' ones are two nieces and their aunt from the other side of the family. The incessant, "What now?" "I am so over it!" "Does it even matter anymore?" etc posts that force people to ask what is wrong are very wearing. The truly sad part is, none of the three are like that in real life.

Oh I just hate posts like that!
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »
I find it more odd when husbands and wives comment on each others' stuff constantly! It's like ... don't you two ever SPEAK to each other??

Ha ha! We do occasionally comment, but I've seen ones when they are basically having a conversation and it turns out they are in the same room!

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »
They have conversations about other things on FB, just never political stuff.

My vaguebooker posts 'Ugh' and 'I'm over it' at least once per day. If she posts something of substance, like the other day when she told us she lost her job or the time she told us she had a miscarriage, she deletes it soon after posting. She's also one of the recipe culprits.

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2013, 01:58:24 PM »
Well, further to my previous comment about SiL had a great one last night. I was happily watching the NFL and occasionally checking on facebook. My SiL posted 2 links to me about Obamacare and MSNBC, why I had no idea. She said it was because I keep posting political things to her, which I don't, basically what is happening is I will post in the comments section of an article and it comes up on her wall saying I've commented on it - not my fault, stupid facebook settings, I hate that they do that. Anyway we did get into a brief spat which culminated in her saying "Why do you dislike Hannity and O'Reilly on Fox?"....wait for it...."IS it because they are Irish and Catholic?" I was absolutely dumbfounded! I responded saying that firstly I had no idea that Hannity was Catholic and I don't care, and also that I don't consider either of them to be Irish, just to be American! I told her I was offended by her comment and all I got back was "OK, I get it, it's just political"!
I seriously think I'm getting the flak because her daughter is liberal and maybe she doesn't want this argument with her. I told her so and said if thats the case then I'm fine with that.
DW had a health scare last week that turned out ok....I also think she's pissed because DW said how great the hospital was, the staff, and the whole experience!

Prior to that, and since our last argument, she'd made strange comments on 2 of my postings - one was a link (from the BBC)  to a film made by some unemployed people in the UK about living on benefits and that it's not cushy and I said it would be nice to see more films and articles like that rather than the media vilifying people on benefits and she posted "do you have specifcs or is this all about Fox"! I just said that the link and my remarks were about the British media and left it at that.
On another I'd posted a link about a universtity being awarded £400k to do a study on cats with a comment of "I wonder if I can get a grant for something like this?" and she pounced on it saying "I hope no taxpayer money was involved"! If she'd bothered to read the article it stated it came from a cat charity.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:00:27 PM by TykeMan »

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »
Yikes!!! It definitely sounds like she has some pent up hatred towards the liberals and she's taking it all out on you. I'm all for having an educated discussion about politics, but when someone comes back with 'Is it because their Irish and Catholic?', then I don't have time for that. But if you don't respond, then she thinks she's 'won' that argument. Ugh.

Sponsored Links