Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Question  (Read 896 times)

• Liked: 4
ILR Question
« on: March 23, 2022, 11:16:38 AM »
Hi,

Other people have said it, but thanks so much for having this support for the bewildered and visa-vexed! It's been a great help to me in the past.

Now that my wife and I are ready to apply for her ILR (5 year route) I do have one question so far:

Her primary NHS job satisfies the income requirement. She also has a second 1-day-per week job - do we need to include info about that and provide the pay slips etc, or can we just give details on that first job (without adding the complication of the second job)?

Thanks,
Craig

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR Question
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 11:55:45 AM »
Hi,

Other people have said it, but thanks so much for having this support for the bewildered and visa-vexed! It's been a great help to me in the past.

Now that my wife and I are ready to apply for her ILR (5 year route) I do have one question so far:

Her primary NHS job satisfies the income requirement. She also has a second 1-day-per week job - do we need to include info about that and provide the pay slips etc, or can we just give details on that first job (without adding the complication of the second job)?

Thanks,
Craig

Just mention the job that meets the requirements.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 12:50:43 PM »
WIll do Larrabee - thanks for that.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 01:55:47 PM »
Ok I was just reminded of the need for another biometrics [*facepalm*] appointment, so can I just ask if the following timeline seems realistic?

My wife has an appointment for the Life in the UK test on 5th April - (we honestly thought that test wasn't required until citizenship so it's come as a bit of a shock and she will need to now study for it)

Her visa expires on 16th April.

We were always going to be reliant on the super-priority option but even allowing for that, does the above look like enough time to get the test result, submit the ILR application, successfully schedule a super priority appointment, do the biometrics and get it all taken care of by ideally 14th April?

I'm wondering, if that doesn't look realistic, should we just apply to extend her current visa (without the added time required for the test) rather than go for the ILR at this point? It wouldn't be our first choice by any means, and would delay her citizenship, but it all feels a bit hectic at this moment!

Any advice very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Craig

• Liked: 16
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 04:05:20 PM »
You don't need to do biometrics and get the approval before her current visa expires, you just need to apply by that date. So that gives you a bit more time to work with in getting things squared away for the ILR application!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 04:33:19 PM »
My wife has an appointment for the Life in the UK test on 5th April - (we honestly thought that test wasn't required until citizenship so it's come as a bit of a shock and she will need to now study for it)

Ah, yes - the Life in the UK test has been required for both ILR and citizenship since about 2007.

Her visa expires on 16th April.

We were always going to be reliant on the super-priority option but even allowing for that, does the above look like enough time to get the test result, submit the ILR application, successfully schedule a super priority appointment, do the biometrics and get it all taken care of by ideally 14th April?

The only things you need to do by 16th April are:
- pass the life in the UK test
- submit the online ILR application

The biometrics and super priority appointment can be done after the visa has expired.

In theory, you could actually apply for ILR before passing the Life in the UK test, and then pass the test before attending biometrics... in some cases, people have had to do this, because their visa has expired before they had time to pass the test, so they had no choice but to apply before the visa expired and then pass the test a few days/couple of weeks later and provide the test reference number when attending biometrics.

I'm wondering, if that doesn't look realistic, should we just apply to extend her current visa (without the added time required for the test) rather than go for the ILR at this point? It wouldn't be our first choice by any means, and would delay her citizenship, but it all feels a bit hectic at this moment!

What you would actually do instead is apply for ILR anyway, even if she hasn't passed the test yet, then hope that she can pass the Life in the UK test before they process the visa, and if not, they will instead issue an FLR(M) extension rather than ILR based on not having passed the test yet (and they will refund the visa fee difference, but also ask you to pay the IHS surcharge).

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 04:50:54 PM »
Thanks that is massively useful information!

• Liked: 449
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 05:55:44 PM »

Good luck with the test! My wife, Beth, ended up booking her test all a bit last minute, because a local slot came up. We crammed intensively together for a week and did a lot of quizzes. Some of the questions are obscure! :)

Best wishes,
Emily
Met Nov 2015
Married 11 April 17
Online visa app 24 April 2017 (Priority)
Biometrics 5th May 2017
App tracked and received Sheffiled 10th May 2017
Email confirming receipt (of online application) 25th May 2017
Email asking for passport, appendix 2 etc (which has all been sent) 30th May 2017 (Discovered solicitor may have advised to send to wrong processing centre address - letters, and phone calls - still unclear).
Confirmed receipt of docs 17th July
Return label requested and emailed 17th July
Decision email 26th July
Visa 28th July

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 05:21:04 PM »
Hi,

Me again - visa-vexed!...

Latest question is, is there any latitude at all in terms of original letters? We just had a long, fun conversation with an administrator at my wife's job telling us that they cannot physically print anything these days because they're not in the office, and asking incredulously if the Home Office had not updated their policies around this.

So I thought I'd double check on that, and also - if they still require a physical letter with a wet signature can anyone point me towards the official language so I can send it to the incredulous administrator? 

Thanks,
Craig

ILR Question
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 07:08:04 PM »
Before Covid, the letters needed to be physical, with a wet signature. However, during COVID, when most people were working from home, employers were unable to provide printed letters, so they provided electronically-signed letters by email, which was fine for the visa.

So, I think you should be fine with an emailed letter, though if the employer can state in the letter that they are unable to provide a printed one due to working from home, that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 07:22:43 PM »
Thank you so much Ksand - that's a relief. I'm guessing that would be the same for other required cover letters like the one confirming the payslips are genuine?

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 07:42:36 AM »
Sorry - I've found more cover letters from the last application and should ask all of this at once.

So from the last spouse visa application I have original letters for:

- Confirmation that payslips are authentic copies including pay date, pay period, amount and date of deposit
- Confirmation that my wife's employment contracts are authentic
- A letter from the estate agent confirming the enclosed lease is authentic
- A letter from the bank confirming that the enclosed statements are authentic

Are all of these still necessary (if ever), and for those that are, can they also be provided by email attachment with electronic signature? ( have serious doubts about getting that letter from the bank these days...)

Also, in terms of the confirmation of employment letter I asked about above, in the previous application and letter we included the 3 previous posts she held within her NHS trust since arriving. Should we include those on the application and in the letter, or just put the most current position? (which has changed since she last applied)

Thanks a million in advance - god I'm sick of all this! I have a great urge to go and live in a tent in New Mexico for a couple of months: )
Craig

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 08:01:46 AM »
Employment
You need a letter from her employer stating ALL of the following
- current employment post and salary
- total length of employment
- length of time earning current salary
- type of employment (permanent/temporary, full/part-time)
If her payslips have been issued online, then the letter must also include verification of each payslip that you are including

The employment contract DOES NOT need to be verified in a letter.
Previous NHS posts DO NOT need to be included in a letter, unless her salary has changed in the last 6 months due to changing posts

Bank statements
Bank statements can either be:
- official bank statements received in the post (no letter needed)
OR
- official bank statements printed by the bank in-branch (no letter needed)
OR
- online bank statements which have been printed at home and have been stamped by the bank on every page (no letter needed)
OR
- online bank statements which have been printed at home which are not stamped, but are accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity

Accommodation
You DO NOT need a letter from the estate agent if you are BOTH listed on the tenancy agreement.

If only one of you is listed on the tenancy agreement, then you need a letter from the landlord confirming that the other person has permission to continue living there. Ideally this letter should be printed with a wet signature, but if this is not possible to get, then an electronic letter should be acceptable.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 08:32:18 AM »
Great - got it - thanks again as always

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 11:10:47 AM »
Ah, yes - the Life in the UK test has been required for both ILR and citizenship since about 2007.

The only things you need to do by 16th April are:
- pass the life in the UK test
- submit the online ILR application

The biometrics and super priority appointment can be done after the visa has expired.

Well the good news is my wife passed the test on Friday afternoon! What a relief.
So now we just need to navigate her difficult employer who has decided to call a meeting about the process - such an easy time they give us all...

Can I just check the timing/order of these things? (sorry)

We have the application for ILR 95% completed - are at the payment screen now. Should we proceed with that and if so what happens afterwards?

We would like to be able to tell her HR that the application has been submitted and here is the ref number. That would calm things down I hope.

But what deadlines would we need to meet once that happens - we still need to gather a couple more documents from people, scan, upload, attend biometrics.

Also we were planning on going to Belfast for Easter and although her Maryland drivers license should in theory be fine it might be easier if she can keep her passport or BRP until just after that.

So I guess the question is, if we were to pay and submit the application today, and have all our paperwork in order by the end of the week, what would be the most logical order to approach things.

Thanks - hope most of this made sense!
Craig

Sponsored Links