Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rejected for a visa previously - questions  (Read 228 times)

• Liked: 2
Rejected for a visa previously - questions
« on: May 24, 2022, 08:18:21 PM »
Hello! I have a couple of questions that I'd greatly appreciate help with!

A few years ago, I was denied a second residence visa while living in the UK (long story short, they said we didn't have enough $ even though we did). I was officially told to leave the country and I did so on time, going through the process collecting my passport from Heathrow.  :\\\'(

1. Does this mean I no longer qualify for the expedited visa if I apply again? I believe it does - it seems like I am on the naughty list for life, so to speak.

2. If my partner applied for the visa and we couldn't do the expedited visa for reasons mentioned above, does anyone know roughly how long it might take? I keep seeing horror stories in the news about months and months.

Thank you so much!

• Liked: 3589
Re: Rejected for a visa previously - questions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 08:38:11 PM »
Hello! I have a couple of questions that I'd greatly appreciate help with!

A few years ago, I was denied a second residence visa while living in the UK (long story short, they said we didn't have enough $ even though we did). I was officially told to leave the country and I did so on time, going through the process collecting my passport from Heathrow.  :\\\'(

1. Does this mean I no longer qualify for the expedited visa if I apply again? I believe it does - it seems like I am on the naughty list for life, so to speak.

Looks like we already answered this question for you when you asked it a few months ago:

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=99853

However, since then, the expedited Priority Processing service has been suspended due to an increase in applications from Ukraine, so no one is eligible to use it right now.

2. If my partner applied for the visa and we couldn't do the expedited visa for reasons mentioned above, does anyone know roughly how long it might take? I keep seeing horror stories in the news about months and months.

They have just increased the processing standards time from 12 weeks to 24 weeks, again due to an increase in applications from Ukraine.

And as there is no expedited option available at the moment, you’re looking at it taking up to 6 months for the visa to be processed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab