Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Me  (Read 17054 times)

• Liked: 4985
Me
« on: September 08, 2022, 12:45:25 PM »
As many of you know, I've been struggling with a cough, which lead to shortness of breath in the last few weeks. 

I had Covid The Return in June.  Unfortunately, everyone (myself included) focused on this, resulting in it taking a bit to delve deeper.

I have not been keeping you guys up to date on developments this week as it's just too hard.

Yesterday, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer.  I don't have long covid.  Covid had no part in any of this.  I have cancer.  Aggressive, very metastasized cancer.  I turned 42, 2 weeks ago.

The cancer is in my breasts, on my liver, and in my bones.  Surprisingly, they have been unable to find any cancer on my lungs.  Due to the cells found in the fluid around my lungs, they know that this began as breast cancer and that is it fed by the hormones in my body.  Yesterday I had two biopsies on my breasts to find out which hormone is feeding the cancer.  We will know next week and I will start medication to stop that hormone in it's track and push me into menopause.  I am told that hormone fed cancer is "the best kind to have" as it has the most treatment options. 

My next step is meeting with an oncologist.  I am looking at a couple of private options, as hey, I've got private care.  I'm hoping to have a date for that appointment today.

Today I go back to the consultant in Respiratory.  As they now know the cause of the fluid, they can offer a few options on how to reduce/eliminate the fluid so I can at least go into my cancer battle with my best foot forward.  I had a second drainage on Tuesday, where the fluid had returned and with vengeance.  I know I'll get options today, but I'm hopeful that they can do another drain while I'm there as sadly the relief from Tuesday was gone by yesterday morning. 

My parents will be coming over to help while I have treatment.  I am very grateful that we will have additional hands around the house.  Extra hands means my husband may be able to keep a bit of "normal" at work, the kids will have someone to take them to the park, and I won't have to sit around the house by myself.

They say parents should never have to bury a child.  And I completely agree.  But I don't want my babies to grow up without a mother.  And my husband to be left on his own.  I will fight this with everything I have.  I don't care if I'm ever cancer free, but I do hope I reach a stage where it is manageable and just something I LIVE with. 

I am fortunate enough to know many of you in real life.  Please keep this private for now.  I won't be telling the world until we have told our children.  We know we want to call it what it is, Cancer.  We will not be saying Mommy is sick.  We will make SURE they know this has nothing to do with covid or my cough.  We do not want them to fear either them, or anyone else, being sick, ill, covid, cough, etc.  They will be told very soon but we want to be in a position to not have fear in our eyes and be sobbing (which we are at the moment). 

I am thoroughly impressed with my hospital and the streamlined, well oiled machine that it is.  I guess if you have to have cancer, breast is a good one as they know more every single day.  At least it's not "well this is super rare". 

Right now, I'm just looking to get a firm date in the diary for the oncologist and getting this party started.  I am also really hoping that the respiratory consultant can help provide a higher quality of life as I go into this battle. 

Thank you all for the genuine love, support, and just having my back. 

Also I really want to keep this thread real.  I may have days I am full of optimism.  Please allow that.  I may have days that are full of doom and gloom.  Please alllow that.  Basically just stand with me and not against me.  Love you all!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 12:49:18 PM by KFdancer »

• Liked: 6110
Re: Me
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 12:49:48 PM »
Speechless. Sending you all my love, KFD.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 12:51:49 PM »
Omg. Omg. Lots of love, support, care and best wishes to you and family. Oh man we are rooting for you. Hugs hugs hugs
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 01:20:52 PM »
We all stand with you and your family. I have literally been in tears reading this. If you need ANYTHING, we are here for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 239
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 03:51:29 PM »
Sending so much love for you and your family. ❤️
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 718
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 04:33:52 PM »
I am devastated to hear this news and wish you all the very best going forward.

My wife's sister had breast cancer about 10 years ago and beat it. I'm sure you can too.

Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 674
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 12:55:28 AM »
Hang in there, KFD.

Once they know the variety you're dealing with, you can go on the offensive against it.  It may not be of any comfort, but I have a friend in her 90s. Several years ago (five? six?) they told her she had the most virulent form of breast cancer, the most resistant to treatment, and that it had gone rogue and was everywhere. Thanks to the docs, and the fight in her, she's still around and the cancer mostly isn't. The doctors told her that the fight in her was of extreme importance in her recovery.  Keep fighting.

If there's anything we can ever do, please let us know. Otherwise, know that you and your loved ones are in our prayers.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 08:45:31 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, I don't know what to say or to think.  We are all with you! 

• Liked: 768
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 09:16:53 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, I don't know what to say or to think.  We are all with you!
I feel the same way. There just are no words and maybe you don't need us to say anything other than we are here. Anything you or Malc and the kids need, you have a whole community standing next to you and behind you.

All my love.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2022, 02:14:19 PM »
No words feel like enough. Keeping your family in my thoughts and please keep fighting.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2022, 05:37:20 PM »
 [smiley=heart.gif] Love you and keeping you in my thoughts every day.  [smiley=heart.gif]

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2022, 11:12:37 PM »
So sorry to hear this. My love and hugs and thoughts are with you and your family .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 14
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2022, 07:34:04 AM »
OMG !!!  There are no words that can express how I feel ..
I am soo sorry you are going through this..
We will of course be here for you to unload on wether good/bad/indifferant.
My thoughts are with you !!!!

Kay x <3

• Liked: 24
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 12:30:33 PM »
So sorry to hear this! If there's anything we can do let us know.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2022, 11:58:57 AM »
@KFdancer , I was thinking last night that your superpower is being very smart and having the judgement to always make the best decisions.  If being organized and doing the right thing at the right time will beat cancer, then you've got that going for you. 

Also, if having love and determination for your family can beat cancer, you've got that in spades.  Nobody understands just how that works in conjunction with medical science, but it does and you've definitely got that. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab