Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ID.me account for IRS.gov and SSA  (Read 385 times)

• Liked: 0
ID.me account for IRS.gov and SSA
« on: January 16, 2024, 10:48:38 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has successfully set up an online ID.me account to use with IRS.gov and Social Security.

I got stuck when they said that you need a US address, which I don’t have. I understand that there may be a work around for this and am checking  here if anyone has experience of this and can advise how to proceed.

Thank you.

• Liked: 719
Re: ID.me account for IRS.gov and SSA
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 09:52:15 AM »
I successfully did this 2 or 3 years ago when ID.me was first being used by them. I did it from England with no US address and at the end had to wait several hours for a video appointment to confirm my id.

I don't recall needing a US address.

ETA
I didn't remember that correctly - sorry. I set up ID.me for my new IRS account, not SSA, from England with no US address.  I still don't need to use ID.me to log into SSA because my account was created before September 18, 2021
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:37:34 AM by durhamlad »
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 55
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 12:56:06 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has successfully set up an online ID.me account to use with IRS.gov and Social Security.

I got stuck when they said that you need a US address, which I don’t have. I understand that there may be a work around for this and am checking  here if anyone has experience of this and can advise how to proceed.

Thank you.

Here's a detailed explanation of getting Id.Me and then a My Social Security Account:

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=99944.0

I successfully managed this in late 2021 without having a US mailing address.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

• Liked: 719
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 02:09:11 PM »
Here's a detailed explanation of getting Id.Me and then a My Social Security Account:

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=99944.0

I successfully managed this in late 2021 without having a US mailing address.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Well remembered!!

I see that a US address is required but any old address will do and when it fails you move onto the video referee. I remember well the video referee who asked to see both sides of my SS card, along with holding up my passport etc.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab