Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Favorite Airports?  (Read 2021 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Favorite Airports?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2005, 01:14:20 AM »
As for Manchester Airport :-X I think that If I bathed in excrament I would have been cleaner.
I'm shocked -- I thought it was lovely.  It was clean, quiet, and mostly empty when I was there.  Mid-morning on a Saturday, about 6 years ago though.  Must've changed since.   :-\\\\

Yes, MIA is awful! And they've expanded it recently so it's even worse. It's like a livestock market or something.
Yes!  I got to the airport 2.5 hours before my domestic flight and still almost missed it because I was stuck in a neverending and ridiculously circuitous security line.  Yuck.
Bored

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2005, 12:32:45 PM »
I'm shocked -- I thought it was lovely.  It was clean, quiet, and mostly empty when I was there.  Mid-morning on a Saturday, about 6 years ago though.  Must've changed since.   :-\\\\

I was there in February and thought it was fabulous. Security was a breeze to get through (although I had a thorough pat down and it was really early in the morning and I was tired and a bit embarassed and tried to make light of it by telling the security officer 'Well, this is almost enjoyable'. She was like 'uh, good' and got rid of me pretty quickly) and I did think it was very clean. Much nice than before when they had the smoking section in the middle of the walkway (now it's off to the side where non-smokers won't run into)
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2005, 12:02:04 PM »
Manchester Airport??!!  It's great - use it a lot - never had any problems there!   ;D I'll be there on Sunday, so I'll keep my eye out for any beastly toilets!!

Oh and yes, Leeds is also a real little gem of an airport!!

But favourite airport is Kansai in Japan - built on a man made island out to sea - how cool is that??!!

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 11:39:44 PM »
Manchester Airport??!! It's great - use it a lot - never had any problems there! ;D I'll be there on Sunday, so I'll keep my eye out for any beastly toilets!!

I never said there was any problem with the airport itself. Staff are fine. It's just a (sh*t hole). I think I will fly by "kite" next time just to avoid the filth or I will just have to carry a suitcase full of hand sanitizer instead of clothes...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 11:42:29 PM by sticky_frog »

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2005, 12:30:09 AM »
I don't have any problem with Manchester Airport other than their toilets.  When dealing with schlepping around with luggage, jet lag, getting up early to catch a 5 AM train to the airport, etc.,  I really don't like to have to squat over the bowl rather than sit because there's piss all over the seat. I remember the very first time I arrived there, when I went to the toilet, asking myself "What kind of impression does this make for international visitors?"

I've never eaten in the Burger King there, so couldn't comment.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 12:32:10 AM by sweetpeach »

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2005, 01:25:32 AM »
Manchester Airport??!!  It's great - use it a lot - never had any problems there!   ;D I'll be there on Sunday, so I'll keep my eye out for any beastly toilets!!

I'm there on Tuesday and I'll try and do toilet patrol so I can report in! ;D
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2005, 01:50:48 AM »
 I'll be there Thursday morning as well.  :<o (That's supposed to be a clothespin-nose smiley.)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2005, 08:27:59 AM »
I am pleased to report that the gents toilets in Manchester T1 departures were, on Sunday morning, SPOTLESS - phew!

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2005, 08:38:31 AM »
I am pleased to report that the gents toilets in Manchester T1 departures were, on Sunday morning, SPOTLESS - phew!

Perhaps you should head up the airport toilet inspection brigade?  Any other volunteers?
 ;D

(btw...I'm going to call Anne this morn sometime -- just didn't want to intrude on her mom's visit & all :) )

Carolyn B
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab