Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Favorite Airports?  (Read 2020 times)

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
Favorite Airports?
« on: March 27, 2005, 12:54:35 AM »
Even though I don't particularly like flying, I do like airports.  I'll be going through Amsterdam (Schiphol) for the first time next month and I've heard it's a very nice, easy to navigate airport.  For you frequent (or not so frequent) travelers, what are your favorite airports?

I flew through Minneapolis-St. Paul on my last trip to Scotland and thought it was quite a nice airport.  It was clean, plenty of seating, well laid-out, and plenty of places to pick up a snack or a paperback for the next flight.  My least favorite?  Philadelphia :P :P :P
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• AAGGGHH!
Re: Favorite Airports?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 02:04:53 AM »
I love Orlando International Airport (of course I am biased-I use it every time I fly). 

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 02:17:40 AM »
I liked Atlanta's for some strange reason

I love Heathrow and JFK
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 03:25:03 AM »
Schiphol is cool and quite small for a capital city airport.

San Diego's airport is nice.

I also like the calypso band that welcomes you at the airport in Nassau, Bahamas.
Bored

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 08:08:50 AM »
I like Las Vegas and Schiphol airports.

Wait till you see all the shops in Schiphol on your way back!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 08:11:57 AM by otterpop »

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 08:14:38 AM »
I like Heathrow terminal 4 because of all the airside shops.  Sydney is good for shopping too.  I wasn't that taken with Schipol, I have always had to walk miles and miles there (it seemed like).  I've been in some funny airports. At Bole Airport in Addis Ababa, the duty free shop used to consist of one small glass fronted cupboard containing a couple of very dusty bottles of gin.  Hamilton airport in NZ is so small that there is no baggage reclaim area. You just stand in front of the tiny terminal and a guy with a trolley brings your bag to you straight from the plane.

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 09:23:36 AM »
I love Gatwick for it's super duty free shopping,, Love Orlando cos it means I am off to Disneyworld when I go there,,lol,, but I hate how they handle their international flights. Hate it,, totally hate it.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 03:04:05 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about McCarran Airport in Vegas.  Everything about Vegas rocks, incuding the airport!   ;D
Bored

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 03:20:26 PM »
McCarran does rock... not only does it have slot machines, but it has a Cinnabon!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »
Hate Heathrow - love Gatwick.

Orlando is okay (okay, the shopping is fab), but I really like Miami Int'l because I can get Cuban food almost the minute I get my luggage!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 03:59:29 PM »
I hate hate hate Philly's airport. I like Newark Liberty the most. Immigration wasn't rude or antisocial, they talked to you and smiled. Shipol is nice, although I didn't get to look at the shops because I had to run to the gate. Heathrow is ok, not my favorite though.

• Does my bum look big in this?
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 04:18:39 PM »
Heathrow is great for people watching.  I missed a flight there once, though, and had to spend the night w/my mom and my girls.  It was a REALLY long night....hard plastic benches with arm-rests between all the seats, so there wasn't really anywhere to get comfortable.  If anyone knows of a secret 'good place to sleep' section in Heathrow, please let me know for future reference!!!

Forgot about McCarran...which is funny because it's the airport I nearly always fly out of!!!  It's actually pretty nice, and even when the security lines are long they seem to move people through pretty quickly. 
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 04:34:20 PM »
I like Atlanta, but since I'm based there for my airline, it feels like "home". Manchester has gotten a lot better since the renovation last year. Gatwick is second on my list for the UK--the shopping is good, but the walk to the gates takes forever. Can't stand Heathrow.
Shannon is wonderful--awesome shopping. Amsterdam is easy to get around & wonderful for shopping.
West coast US, I far prefer San Francisco to LAX for international flying.
Worst: Cairo & Mexico City come to mind.
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 04:42:27 PM »
The toilets in Manchester Airport are disgusting.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 07:07:33 PM »

Forgot about McCarran...which is funny because it's the airport I nearly always fly out of!!!  It's actually pretty nice, and even when the security lines are long they seem to move people through pretty quickly. 

I was gobsmacked at how long the queues were, but it did go quite quickly...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab