Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410777 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #7185 on: July 26, 2019, 10:19:25 AM »
FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!

1.  I've got a BAD case of the Fridays.  Just want to go home and get the weekend started!

2.  Husband and I have a great date day/night tomorrow.  Going into London and doing a Scavenger Hunt through the city.  Then dinner.  Then Aladdin on the West End before it closes in a few weeks.  We need a good date day.  Life's been getting in the way too much lately.

3.  BIL is in town and staying over tonight.  Husband is out with him tonight.  Which means I get to eat WHATEVER I WANT for dinner and it can have ALLLLL the gluten.  So probably pizza!

4.  For dinner last night I ate a Pimms ice lolly and for dessert I had a Gu Salted Caramel Cheesecake.  It was a perfect dining experience.

5.  One of the people at work brought me 5 two liter bottles of Dr Pepper Zero (my go to drink at work) as a thank you.  Cracked me up and also nearly made me cry! 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #7186 on: July 26, 2019, 10:55:34 AM »
Ooh have fun KFDancer!

1.) First weekend in a long time without something on, other than a PT session. This was great, because I had lots of plans to tidy up garden and allotment  except of course, it's going to be pouring rain!  :-X

2.)  Having a rough time at work. Doing some soul searching.   :\\\'(

3.) Music festival next weekend. Need to pull out all my camping gear. Playing in 4 separate bands over the weekend and it should be great.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

4.) Did anyone watch the thing on the beeb this week about plane spotting? Hubby and I have been totally geeking out.   [smiley=smart.gif]

5.) My sister and husband came last week for a visit and now I need to spend some time tidying back up since they left.   [smiley=dizzy2.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #7187 on: July 26, 2019, 11:07:20 AM »
KF - your date sounds amazing!!

Sorry, posting from mobile and wont be able to get my friday 5 in as often anymore lol but here's mine:

1. Loving my new job so far (even though I think in definitely stepping on toes so not going to make to many friends with my direct peers I dony think). Friends would be cool but ultimately I'm there to do my job so I dont care too much (just feel bad as i know one dude is going to hate me soon and I'll make him be accountable lol). I also think I'm going to be doing a lot more travelling around (already have 2 days booked to drive more than 2 hours lol)

2. It was so hot last night i literally slept so horribly. Even with a fan on high directly on me. The kicker is I should've been in my new house by now that has AC!

3. I'm very conscious now of how much more if a drive I'm doing....I used to go through a tank in like 3 weeks....its been less than 1 full week and I'm probably going to need to fill up tomorrow (instead of on a sunday as I usually do when I do my weekly shop).

4. Yesterday was ice cream Thursday at work! I dont think I need to say more (which slots in perfectly with pizza friday)

5. Not really friday 5, but I really want a van that I can convert into a camper can...I've nearly got rik on board but the cost and size of some of the Van's I want are totally putting him off lol 

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #7188 on: July 26, 2019, 11:08:10 AM »
PB - hope work gets better or you find what makes you happy!

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7189 on: July 26, 2019, 11:53:11 AM »
XoD, I totally get how the drive is a lot further than your office in Brackers, but I bet it's comparable to Newbury.  Keep that in mind.  And find backroads!  Makes a MASSIVE difference.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7190 on: July 26, 2019, 12:00:11 PM »
I've nearly got rik on board but the cost and size of some of the Van's I want are totally putting him off lol 

This is currently our struggle as well. 
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7191 on: July 26, 2019, 12:02:57 PM »
FRIDAY!

KF, I agree with KoD... your date day/evening sounds amazing!  Have a great time!  Your #5... I so know that feeling!  I love thoughtful gestures like that.

PB, I hope your soul-searching results in a much happier job situation relatively soon.  In the meantime, enjoy your festival next weekend!

KoD, prioritize:  Do you want a campervan that's perhaps a bit smaller than you'd hoped for, or no campervan?  ;)  Get Rik on board and start converting!  Besides, you can always have a drive away awning set up next to your van when you're out camping, and then it's effectively a bigger space when you're at your campsite with room to spread out and sit comfortably.  I mean, you're still sleeping in the confines of the van, so there is that.

My five:

1.  It's noon, and I'm home from doing the weekly shop, stopping at a garage to see if I can get some walk-in maintenance on my Panda (they don't stock the parts, so I'll have to go back after obtaining them), putting the groceries away... I thought I wouldn't have enough time to get everything done this morning, and now I find myself with an hour to spare before I need to do the washing up.  I can prepare cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, and cheese (and continental meats) platter before my husband gets home.  Yay!

2.  Yesterday, I realized we were out of most of our groceries and didn't know what we were going to do for dinner.  I gave my husband the option of impromptu barbecue because the weather was perfect.  He opted for it, and we had tasty, tasty noms.  I love barbecuing!

3.  I was really productive in the workshop yesterday morning (before it got hot in there), and now I wonder why I put off the things I needed to do all week.  It went so quickly and smoothly.

4.  Yesterday, the last direct debit went in for my guitar*.  I have successfully managed UK credit.  I checked my UK credit score out of curiosity (I have one!).  It's positive.  But since that guitar account was the only thing I've charged (and I only recently requested an overdraft for my current account), I really have not enough credit history for a strong score.  I'm thinking of getting a credit card and using it so I can get reports to the agencies that it is "paid as agreed".  My US score is slipping due to inactivity, so I need to build my UK one.  Not for any purpose, other than I like to have a high score.  ;)

5.  I didn't win the lottery last week.  I was hoping I'd be one of the 20 lucky people guaranteed to win £1M last week, but I wasn't.  I did win £3.80 on Tuesday, but that is not the same.  But it's fine.  My husband has allllll of his money in Premium Bonds now, so we're gonna win £1M from that, right?  ;)

* Edited to add:  And, as my husband pointed out, I'm still playing my guitar, so my interest in the instrument outlasted the debt.  Actually, I really love it, and my only regret is that I didn't start playing 30 years earlier so I'd have 30 years of skill by now.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:05:57 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7192 on: July 26, 2019, 12:16:15 PM »
* Edited to add:  And, as my husband pointed out, I'm still playing my guitar, so my interest in the instrument outlasted the debt.  Actually, I really love it, and my only regret is that I didn't start playing 30 years earlier so I'd have 30 years of skill by now.

I love this!!!  [smiley=guitarist.gif]
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7193 on: July 26, 2019, 12:41:40 PM »
I love this!!!  [smiley=guitarist.gif]

Aww. thanks, PB.  I thought you might appreciate that.

But, seriously... the people I follow on YouTube have all been playing for at least 30 years, and they make it look effortless, and their playing sounds so expressive.  And here I am, 9 months in, and I honestly catch myself wondering sometimes how they make their sound, and why I'm not as good as they all are!  I mean... 30 years!  That's why.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 104
« Reply #7194 on: July 26, 2019, 01:02:10 PM »
Happy Friday everyone!

KF — LOVE the scavenger hunt idea and so jealous that you’re seeing Aladdin!!

PB — Sending lots of good thoughts your way re: your job. It’s so tough when something that takes up so much time in your life isn’t going as you’d hoped. Fingers crossed things improve soon.

KoD — ice cream Thursday??? 😱 Glad to hear the new job is off to a good start.

jfkimberly — it warms my heart that you’re enjoying the guitar so much, nothing better than a good hobby!

My five for the week:
1) Today is my first anniversary (woo!) but my husband won’t be back from Germany until tomorrow (boo). I’m having a fabulous day treating myself in Glasgow in his absence - booked a hotel in the city last night, went to my favourite hair salon to get my hair/eyebrows done this morning, just finished lunch at my all time fav tearoom/place in Glasgow, and getting ready to see the Linda McCartney retrospective at the Kelvingrove. All to be followed by a barbecue at my MILs tonight.  ;D

2) I’m obviously making a good impression at my new job (2 weeks in!) because they’ve already asked if I’d be available after the holidays (technically the position is maternity cover until December) + offered to set me up with a job down in Glasgow once we move (hopefully) next summer. Woohoo!

3) My two closest UK friends were absolutely spot on with my bday gifts this year. We all were at Glasgow Uni for postgrad programmes at the same time and they are two bright spots in my life!

4) This heat has got to go! I cannot cope.

5) Tomorrow we’re having a birthday barbecue for my niece’s 1st birthday and I can’t wait! After not seeing her since Christmas, this’ll be 3 times in the last month.  ;D
Spouse visa received: 30 November 2018
Arrived in the UK: 27 December 2018

FLR(M)
Application submitted: 4 August 2021 (super priority)
Biometrics: 15 August 2021
Decision: 16 August 2021 - approved!

ILR
Application submitted: 14 December 2023 (super priority)
Biometrics: 17 December 2023
Decision: 18 December 2023 - approved!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #7195 on: July 26, 2019, 07:19:35 PM »
Yay! Friday!!

1. We had a team day this week, and it was nice to get out of the office for a chunk of the day.

2. We saw a lovely house on Tuesday, great location, the right size for is and the dogs. Current owner redid the kitchen and bathroom this year so it's great!

3. We put an offer in and it was accepted!!! (Only small snag may be my lack of ILR at the moment, but the underwriters of the bank said it should be okay. Good vibes please?)

4. It's my birthday on Monday! Hubby and I are going to one of my fave restaurants on Sunday. It should be awesome.

5. We went and did all the mortgage stuff today, so I only had a half day at work! Now we wait for the survey, hopefully it won't take too long!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #7196 on: July 26, 2019, 07:24:42 PM »
Yay! Friday!!

2. We saw a lovely house on Tuesday, great location, the right size for is and the dogs. Current owner redid the kitchen and bathroom this year so it's great!

3. We put an offer in and it was accepted!!! (Only small snag may be my lack of ILR at the moment, but the underwriters of the bank said it should be okay. Good vibes please?)

4. It's my birthday on Monday! Hubby and I are going to one of my fave restaurants on Sunday. It should be awesome.

Sending loads of good vibes!!! And an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #7197 on: July 26, 2019, 07:30:26 PM »

The kicker is I should've been in my new house by now that has AC!

YOUR NEW HOUSE HAS AC??!!  IN ENGLAND??!! 
I don't think i have ever, in 30+ years, met anyone in Britain who has AC in their house!  WOW!  :o :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:33:21 PM by Albatross »

• Liked: 585
« Reply #7198 on: July 26, 2019, 07:53:24 PM »
1.  Been a strange week at work... very busy all week, until today when there was no work and i had to actually look for things to keep me occupied.

2.  We had ice cream Thursday at my work too yesterday!  Although it was the last thing on our minds... yes, it was ridiculously hot outside, but our office is ice-cold at all times, and we all wear jackets/jumpers indoors all year round.  Our boss works in a different building, and he's the one that had the ice lollies sent over to us, not realising that we were already frozen and didn't need to cool down.  Nice gesture, though.

3.  I am thoroughly in love with my hound.  He's been with me 3 weeks now and we are really bonded.  He is just so sweet and loving.

4.  No huge plans for the weekend... pub on Saturday, and Sunday probably going to the monthly walk put on by the Greyhound Trust.  I think they will be happy to see how well Jimmy Blue is doing.

5.  I'm seriously thinking of shaving my head... probably a number 2 all over. I have hated my hair for years, and it's only getting worse.  I am sick of  faffing about with it, sick of trying to tame the frizz, sick of  trying to straighten it when my efforts to tame the frizz fail, sick of paying handsome sums of money to have a professional make it a colour i like, sick of endless money trying endless products to try and keep it looking half decent, and sick of looking dragged through a hedge when the products dont perform as advertised.   Watching lots of YouTube videos on the subject and thinking... why not?

« Reply #7199 on: July 26, 2019, 08:11:49 PM »
Yay! Friday!!

1. We had a team day this week, and it was nice to get out of the office for a chunk of the day.

5. We went and did all the mortgage stuff today, so I only had a half day at work! Now we wait for the survey, hopefully it won't take too long!

Omg!!! Congrats!!! Your lack of ILR is very unlikely to be an issue (I wouldn't stress too much about it). We bought our current house (and the house we're waiting to move into) while I was on FLR(M). As long as I could prove I had a visa that would be continuing, that was all they cared about really (and it was only a minor point)

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab