Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dr who returns  (Read 2560 times)

• tenez dessus fortement sur vos rĂªves
  • Liked: 0
Dr who returns
« on: March 23, 2007, 07:21:45 PM »
Will anyone be watching Dr Who when it returns on march 31st. I have heard the master will be returninng as the doctors adversary ,i think played by John Simm (Sam Tyler in life on mars)
its a far better thing i do than i have ever done

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Re: Dr who returns
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 07:30:56 PM »
Yes, the return of Dr Who is a big event in our house! :)
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 07:44:19 PM »
We are counting down the days!

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 07:46:48 PM »
We are counting the days also..and hoping maybe it will be high definition...anyone know?

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 02:39:39 PM »
I'm just sad that we probably won't be getting it for a while in the US.  The CBC plays reruns, but I think they're pretty much a year behind.  *sigh*

Whenever I get to see it, I will be lamenting the absence of Rose....

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »
It was pretty good!  The jury seems to still be out on the new assistant.  I thought she was great, the husband LOVED her ::), and the ten year old is still a Rose fan. 

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
I like her just fine, wasn't so sure about the plot this particular time, but... fun just the same.
I hope she stays so we can at least get into more adventure as opposed to having to 'set up' the new character and situation with the family etc.

(what happened to Torchwood?  Did it die a quiet death?)
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »
Torchwood finished I think.  I saw the first two but thought it was a bit silly and overly salacious, though I'm told it got better.

DW I *loved*.  I think the new assistant has the potential to be really good, and it's nice to have a woman with brains on the show again.  She's in for the whole of this series at least. I watched it with the DW Appreciation Society (less geeky than I thought) in a pub they had hired for the event, and generally everyone was impressed.  I thought the plot was quite strong, with enough of a twist, and I thought Tennant was on form.

And great monsters of course!

Vicky

• Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »
Torchwood did finish a while back but hopefully there will a 2nd season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is does return.

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »
Yeah, I think Torchwood has a following - my DH included.  I liked Torchwood alright, it's just usually on too late for me to stay awake for it!

We enjoyed Saturday's Dr Who episode. :)
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:31:28 PM »
I watched it too, in the TV lounge of our hostel in London :)  We (me and DF) really enjoyed it- I love the new assistant and much prefer her to Billie Piper.  Can't wait to see the rest of the new series!

I'm not a fan of Torchwood, though- if there is a second series I probably won't be watching it.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 05:42:39 PM »
I expected not to like Martha--I had very much liked the Rose-DW chemistry and was sad to see her character go.  But I was beyond pleasantly surprised--I thought FA was brilliant and that she brings a wholly different dynamic to the show.  And they have not thrown away the past, either--Rose's departure still casts a shadow over the Doctor's heart(s ;)) and that, too, adds to the flavour of the show, and how he and Martha will interact.

We loved it--watched it again last night (on the BBC3 repeat, along with the repeat of the Runaway Bride ep.)  Now we're really looking forward to the rest of this 3rd season.

Re: Torchwood--another season has been commissioned.  But they are going to take longer bringing it out than they did with the first.  So the word is, season 2 won't air until early 2008. 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 05:46:05 PM »

Re: Torchwood--another season has been commissioned.  But they are going to take longer bringing it out than they did with the first.  So the word is, season 2 won't air until early 2008. 

Well at least there will be another season.  ;D   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]   but man having to wait another year that really bites grrr.   :\\\'(   [smiley=shout.gif]

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 05:53:17 PM »
I really enjoyed the new season, and I think I am really going to like the new assistant.  This is good, because it took me a long time to warm up to the new series!  I'm with Vicky!  I love having a woman with brains on the show!  Assistants who get in there, help out, and have the brains to work things out really get me interested! 

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 06:55:28 PM »
Well at least there will be another season.  ;D   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]   but man having to wait another year that really bites grrr.   :\\\'(   [smiley=shout.gif]

Shugga, here's a fanblog for Torchwood, which I've found is pretty good on getting intel and spoilers, if you're interested:   http://torchwoodtv.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab