Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors  (Read 39429 times)

• Liked: 387
Re: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »
Thanks Weby, I included both to be safe.  :)

As you said, they requested the passport be sent to them, they'll fix the visa, and send it right back.  Easy!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »
My husband's visa is issued for October 1 (the embassy in Chicago screwed up) but his flight is on the 28th of September. Now we contacted the Embassy, they refuse to change his visa. So we understand he will have to exit the country and reenter after the first. Now my question is, we're gonna be in Newcastle, is it enough if he goes to Dublin? I mean it's Ireland so it is technically out of the country, correct? Now the question is, does he need to fly out or can we simply rent a car drive (or well, use a ferry partially) over there, and turn back or does he need an airport?

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »
Okay, first, it is unlikely that your husband will be allowed to enter the country two days before his visa becomes valid.  Second, there are no border controls between Dublin and the UK, so he will not get a stamp, nor will the UK recognise that he left and re-entered.  You would have to go to France in order to get stamped.  Honestly, it would be easier and probably cheaper just to change the flight. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »
Hi,

Quick question......my visa says I have no dependents yet I got visas for my 3 children. Is this an error? Thanks!
Patiently waiting for visas!

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 07:36:42 PM »
Hi,

Quick question......my visa says I have no dependents yet I got visas for my 3 children. Is this an error? Thanks!

No because they each have their own passport and their own visa.

That space is there because in the olden days you used to be able to just add your children on to your passport and they could travel that way. Today with security and each person needing their own passport as a result they're issued their own visas.

So there is no error with your visa.

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 10:18:30 PM »
Thanks! I was a bit worried for a minute!
Patiently waiting for visas!

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 02:18:13 PM »
I got my visa, and the only "error" I can see is that mine is also not lined up correctly. It's valid for 27 months, it's a spousal visa, correct dates, spelling is all set, all that. However, it doesn't say anything on there about ILE or LLE or ILR or anything...is one of those codes supposed to be on there? And if so, which one? Just checkingt o see if those codes are for EEA family permits or something, I'm not sure.

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 04:12:32 PM »
I got my visa, and the only "error" I can see is that mine is also not lined up correctly

That would not be an error that needs to be corrected...it's just a mis aligned printer and not an 'error' at all.

For a spouse visa it would say Spouse/CP and then list your spouses name. It would also say No Recourse to Public funds (or similar)...yours sounds fine.

• Road Mama:  The Organic Version
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »
Here's a question for you!

I arrived in the UK on July 19th, 2010.  I came through a Tier 1 (General) visa.  I've just realized they issued the visa for 2 years instead of three!  Under the policies I applied for it was 3 years, with the option to re-extend for 2 years.  I'm now in the UK, am I out of luck or is there something I can do to have the extra year added on, i.e. the correct expiry date?

Many Thanks

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 05:59:57 PM »
Here's a question for you!

I arrived in the UK on July 19th, 2010.  I came through a Tier 1 (General) visa.  I've just realized they issued the visa for 2 years instead of three!  Under the policies I applied for it was 3 years, with the option to re-extend for 2 years.  I'm now in the UK, am I out of luck or is there something I can do to have the extra year added on, i.e. the correct expiry date?

Many Thanks

Nope, you should have checked it for errors when you received it from the Consulate. There's nothing that can be done now. Errors must be corrected by the issuing Consulate before travel.

• Road Mama:  The Organic Version
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 06:19:15 PM »
Bummer, I figured I was out of luck.  Fingers crossed I'll have sufficient points to renew or will be married by that time!   Thanks for the response!

• facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 06:31:12 PM »
Ok just to make sure I understand this correctly

Even if I don't have any errors on my Visa, I still shouldn't fly through Dublin first?

06 Met DH online
Feb 08 Met in person
June 08 Engaged
17 Oct 09 Married in OH
12 Oct 10 Applied for Sett Visa online
13 Oct 10 Biometrics completed, Priority Service paid, sent Next Day to NY
14 Oct 10 Received conformation email
15 Oct 10 @ 11:11am Visa APPROVED!!!
09 Nov 10 Going home!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »
Ok just to make sure I understand this correctly

Even if I don't have any errors on my Visa, I still shouldn't fly through Dublin first?

Pretty much...one has nothing to do with the other.

If you fly through Dublin first you won't go through UK immigration once you arrive and you will not have your visa stamped (validated) which will cause you problems down the line.

• facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 07:15:46 PM »
ok :) Thanks!

06 Met DH online
Feb 08 Met in person
June 08 Engaged
17 Oct 09 Married in OH
12 Oct 10 Applied for Sett Visa online
13 Oct 10 Biometrics completed, Priority Service paid, sent Next Day to NY
14 Oct 10 Received conformation email
15 Oct 10 @ 11:11am Visa APPROVED!!!
09 Nov 10 Going home!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »
Looking for some advice.

My wife just entered the UK today on he settlment visa - woohoo!

BUT on the plane she notice two of the digits for her passport number on the visa didn't match the passport. You'd thing for £650 they could get it right!

We did actually check the dates on the visa but not the passport number. She got in and the immigration guy didnt check the numbers.

Anyway I guess my questions are, is this an issue? (she will be leaving the UK regularly, Latvia in November and France for xmas.) How does she get it changed? Surely now she is inside the UK it needs to be changed here?

Thanks Brian

Sponsored Links