Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Knox found guilty, gets 26 years.  (Read 3817 times)

Knox found guilty, gets 26 years.
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:04:50 PM »
I feel so sorry for her family. And Meredith Kercher's family too. What a nightmare.

• From Texas to Yorkshire
  • Liked: 2
Re: Knox found guilty, gets 26 years.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »
Yes, feel bad for the family but no more than any other criminal?  I don't quite understand your post.  She was tried and convicted, just like the other 2 involved in the murder.
BUNAC: 9/2004 - 12/2004. Student visa: 1/2005 - 7/2005. Student visa #2: 9/2006 - 1/2008. FLR(IGS): 1/2008 - 10/2008. FLR(M): 10/2008 - 10/2010. ILR 10/2010!!

Finn, 25/12/2009; Micah, 10/08/2012

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »
Yes, feel bad for the family but no more than any other criminal?  I don't quite understand your post.  She was tried and convicted, just like the other 2 involved in the murder.

I don't very much sympathy for her but I I feel sorry for her parents who seemed so sure that she would be found not guilty. It must be a hard thing to face up to your child being a sex murderer as well as a liar who tried to get an innocent person blamed.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 02:54:36 PM »
seen it on "this morning", her grandmother and parents were going on about how she is innocent and etc.
yeah a innocent person does cartwheels in the police station and smiles and laughs at innappropriate moments. and i guess an innocent person changes their story a dozen times.
All i keep hearing is how she is from a middle class family and a nice upbringing and she would never do such a thing. yeah just like the Menendez brothers!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »
It all seems really odd to me, the whole thing.

I'm not on either side of the argument, nor do I really care, but as a Law and Order junkie, I don't see how any the different motives proposed by the prosecution are plausible or enough to drive someone to commit a brutal rape and murder.
12/08/09 - Citizenship submitted via NCS
17/08/09 - Payment taken from account
18/09/09 - Citizenship approved, invitation to ceremony, dated 12/09/09
03/11/09 - Citizenship ceremony

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 06:31:27 PM »
I'm kind of with lost librarian on this one.  Also I found it interesting that the prosecution was able to say things in court about Knox that definitely would not be allowed in the UK or US, basically calling her a sex crazed slapper. I don't know how the Italian criminal courts work - is it an inquisitorial or adversarial? Also, why are there judges on the jury panel - what is their role? Are they there to explain points of law or to decide the case? I'm not defending Knox - I just really don't know if this is the right verdict. It'll be interesting to see how the appeal goes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:37:55 PM by Shahbanou »

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »
I agree. From what I have read, it really did not seem like there was sufficient evidence for her to be found guilty. Inappropriate behavior doesn't mean someone is a murderer.

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 07:06:52 PM »
Of course, we were all in the court room and heard all the evidence...

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »
Of course, we were all in the court room and heard all the evidence...

? not sure if you are referring to any particular post ... I  assume not, because if you don't want to hear people's opinions, why post about the case to begin with?

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 10:21:45 PM »
Not a single shred of physical evidence that tied her to the murder.  Big deal, she liked sex, drugs and acted weird.  Doesn't make her a killer!  The jury obviously let the tabloids come up with the verdict for them.

I'm going to read this story to my daughter when she's old enough - I want her to know what could happen if she ever surrounds herself with the wrong things and wrong people.
Democrats and Republicans - fiddling while Rome burns.

• Liked: 5
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
Not a single shred of physical evidence that tied her to the murder. 
Is this true?  I had previously heard her bloody footprints were there. I do admit I haven't kept up with the details so this may be wrong.

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 10:35:51 PM »
Is this true?  I had previously heard her bloody footprints were there. I do admit I haven't kept up with the details so this may be wrong.

Not true.
Democrats and Republicans - fiddling while Rome burns.

• Englishmann
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 03:31:50 AM »
There was no direct evidence linking her to the murder - but there was plenty of circumstantial evidence.  Frankly, the fact that she and sollicito still couldn't come up with an alibi between them really made me think that she's guilty of something.  She may not have been a sex-crazed murderess, but I find it highly probable (after having followed a lot of the evidence presented) that she was present at the murder and also helped to cover up whatever did happen. 
Perhaps she was really high on something - other than marijuana - and doesn't have a good memory of the evening because of shock - but I don't believe that she had nothing to do with the event.  Too much circumstantial evidence places her there and her own strange stories and etc also place her there. 
Sad though, no matter what happened, Meredith lost her life and Amanda has also lost the bulk of hers.
 :\\\'(
11/99 - Moved to UK on Work Visa
07/00 - Married UKC
02/01 - Moved to Texas
04/10 - Received Spouse Visa - ILE
06/10 - Moved to England

• UF College of Vet Med Class of 2010!!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 04:29:36 AM »
There was no direct evidence linking her to the murder - but there was plenty of circumstantial evidence.  Frankly, the fact that she and sollicito still couldn't come up with an alibi between them really made me think that she's guilty of something.  She may not have been a sex-crazed murderess, but I find it highly probable (after having followed a lot of the evidence presented) that she was present at the murder and also helped to cover up whatever did happen. 
Perhaps she was really high on something - other than marijuana - and doesn't have a good memory of the evening because of shock - but I don't believe that she had nothing to do with the event.  Too much circumstantial evidence places her there and her own strange stories and etc also place her there. 
Sad though, no matter what happened, Meredith lost her life and Amanda has also lost the bulk of hers.
 :\\\'(

I agree with this - I have been following the case and it seems that they definitely do not have enough hard evidence but what I have found truly appalling was the behavior of the media and the fact that the jurors were exposed to the media frenzy and were very likely swayed by it.
"Treat for the treatable" - Uncle Mikey's Maxim # 1

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 12:49:56 PM »
There are some interesting articles about the case in the Observer today. The jury claims not to have been influenced by the media at all. It seems like they view it as a sex game that went wrong or got out of hand rather than a cold blooded murder.

I don't think that was true but her blood was found on a knife which is believed to be the weapon used to kill Meredith Kircher. The weird thing is, neither Knox or Solectio's fingerprints were found anywhere in the room where the murder too place, although the other guy's were.  I don't see how they could have wiped theirs but not his. Very strange.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:54:32 PM by Shahbanou »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab