Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: All Things Beer!  (Read 64176 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: All Things Beer!
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 09:42:40 PM »
Nice to know Phat. Just to let you know, i am just finishing off the Black Isle delivery this evening!
Planning our trip to the States at Thanksgiving, we'll be having a meetup with various friends of DW at Iron Hill Brewery in Maple Shade, NJ - they won 2 gold medals at the recent Great American Beer Festival.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »
Nice to know Phat. Just to let you know, i am just finishing off the Black Isle delivery this evening!
Planning our trip to the States at Thanksgiving, we'll be having a meetup with various friends of DW at Iron Hill Brewery in Maple Shade, NJ - they won 2 gold medals at the recent Great American Beer Festival.

Wow- their beer looks great- yum! Jealous! Have a great time!!! :)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
Wow- their beer looks great- yum! Jealous! Have a great time!!! :)

Thanks...we went last year agfter I saw a link online....very nice place it is too. So DW was planning to meet up with folk and said to me we'd go to Iron Hill....who am I to object?!

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 03:54:45 PM »
Today we're getting our Belgian White Beer on the go.  It's meant to taste like Hoegaarden but we won't be finding out whether or not it actually does until 10 weeks from now!  :)  Hopefully it works!
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »
We started brewing more beer this past weekend. It's a pilsner! We were going to do a Christmas Ale, because we thought we had the stuff for Christmas Ale, but we didn't.  :P

Also... ATTN: phatbeetle!!!

I found a pumpkin beer! I found a pumpkin beer! Wychwood Brewery, who does Hobgoblin, has something called Pumpking Ale out, I saw it in my Morrison's today. I've seen listings for it on beer supply websites before, but it was always out of stock and I've never seen it in a shop.  It's not on the brewery's website either so I don't know what the deal is, but I'm going to try some this weekend!!!   :D Even if it's rubbish, I'm probably still going to be pleased!!!
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
We started brewing more beer this past weekend. It's a pilsner! We were going to do a Christmas Ale, because we thought we had the stuff for Christmas Ale, but we didn't.  :P

I found a pumpkin beer! I found a pumpkin beer! Wychwood Brewery, who does Hobgoblin, has something called Pumpking Ale out, I saw it in my Morrison's today. I've seen listings for it on beer supply websites before, but it was always out of stock and I've never seen it in a shop.  It's not on the brewery's website either so I don't know what the deal is, but I'm going to try some this weekend!!!   :D Even if it's rubbish, I'm probably still going to be pleased!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm going to have to go on a quest!!!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 05:32:29 PM »

;D I can always set some aside for you if you don't find it. I plan on buying...well, probably a good amount of it.  :P Or, if you're feeling adventurous then come down from the north pole and go to the Morrison's in Lanark! It's pretty out here anyway! :)

• Liked: 9
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2011, 07:36:08 PM »

Me too! Me too! I love a good pumpkin beer, and I love everything I've had from Wychwood so far, especially Hobgoblin. That gives me hope they will be equally good at a pumpkin ale.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
Wychwood Brewery, who does Hobgoblin, has something called Pumpking Ale out

I treid this last night and found it... completely unremarkable.  Not good, not bad, just kind of.. meh.  I poured 1/3 of it down the drain when it got too warm from sitting un-drunk.

Maybe your palates are more refined than mine, and you will enjoy it!  Hope so!

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »

I  picked up a bottle last week....not tried it yet. Also Shephard Neme have a "Spooks Ale" out, I got that at same time, that was nice though it's not a pumpkin ale.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2011, 06:23:34 PM »
My Favourite: Woodforde's Wherry
Wife's Favourite: Sharp's Doom Bar
Worst beer I've ever had: Ventnor Oyster Stout (and yes, it had real bits of Oyster in it apparently - yeuch! None of our group could stand it.)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
I found Wychwood's King Goblin at Whole Foods (in Middletown, NJ) today! Not sure how it compares to Hobgoblin, but I assume it's fairly similar.  ;D

• Liked: 9
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2011, 11:52:28 PM »
I found Wychwood's King Goblin at Whole Foods (in Middletown, NJ) today! Not sure how it compares to Hobgoblin, but I assume it's fairly similar.  ;D

Fingers crossed it is the same thing, or very similar. Hobgoblin is some lovely liquid.  ;D
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2011, 08:31:14 AM »
Well, I tried it last night, and while not particularly pumpkin-y it's definitely got some kind of autumnal-ness to it (these are technical terms, of course  ;)). I found it enjoyable. We also bought the Spooks Ale, because they had that too and I couldn#t really pass up a beer that says "Drink If You Dare!!!" on it. I'm such a sucker for Halloween stuff!  :P

• Liked: 2
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2011, 08:34:44 AM »
NOT -those are technical terms I love ;-)  I need to get out to get some of this autumnal-ness beers!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab