Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 30 Day Shred  (Read 10215 times)

Re: 30 Day Shred
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 08:59:41 AM »
Thanks Noirem  :)

I took that day off and went back at it yesterday with weights and my knees did ache a bit toward the end of the night but not as bad the previous day. This morning I managed to do it again - but without the weights (my husband was asleep in the bedroom where the handweights are stored and I didn't want to wake him up) and I don't feel like I got as much of a workout today...but I did it and any movement for me is good so I consider it a success  :) ...and as an aside, my knees do hurt right now so I think I may be doing something improperly or it's just a factor that I am so very heavy right now.  :-\\\\

So Day 6 down, looking forward to Day 7 tomorrow.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 06:28:24 PM »
Thats really great WebyJ! I find it so hard to exercise......I am really proud of your effort. You may inspire me to do a little walking myself! That's about all I can handle at the moment!
Patiently waiting for visas!

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »
Well thanks, but I've taken today off...my knee just couldn't take another day, but I'll be back at it tomorrow, even if I have to make a trip down to Boots tomorrow for some special pain reliever - I love I can buy codeine over the counter here.  :)

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »
I still haven't gotten back to it yet. :( It's hard enough for me to get up early enough for my commute, let alone an hour earlier to do the workout. I know I can do it, I just need to suck it up.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 09:21:30 AM »
I managed to do it today...Day 7 for me, the only time my knee hurt was when I was doing jumping jacks so I'm thinking its the impact part of it that is making it hurt. So I'm just going to remove the jumping jacks and do punches instead and see how that works for the next 3 days, I've also stopped using the weights and see what that does.

But I'm feeling pretty good, so far I've lost 3 lbs doing it and I took my measurements on Saturday so I'll do them again this Saturday and see if there's any results.

I'm not going to give UP!...I already feel better so I know it's working somewhere.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 2
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 10:55:35 AM »
I'm not going to give UP!...I already feel better so I know it's working somewhere.  :-\\\\
You are a rock star ;-)

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »
I did the first round of (modified) pushups today without stopping. Then I just died during the first round of cardio  :-\\\\  After that it got better. 

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 07:47:02 AM »
I did the first round of (modified) pushups today without stopping. Then I just died during the first round of cardio  :-\\\\  After that it got better. 

Good JOB!

I can only manage 3 or 4 of the mod pushups so you're doing better than I am, the cardio doesn't bother me it's just pushups that I really cannot do because I don't have the arm strength...but I try to push myself as hard as I can and do more than I did the previous day. When I can get all the way through level 1 using the weights and make it through every single exercise without stopping then I'll move to level 2.

• Jennifer Knits
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »
Thanks :D I really like that you're doing this, too. I don't have a two year old cheering me (the cats sometimes watch but it's not exactly encouraging when they fall asleep halfway) so I like to think that you're doing it with me.  I'm really trying to push myself - I actually miss feeling like I've been through the wringer 'cause I knew I was accomplishing something - and I really can do a lot more than  I could last week.

I'm going to move up after 10 days because I'm afraid if I don't that I'll keep doing the Anita path when I could be doing the Natalie path. If I switch to the next workout the Anita path will need everything I can give again.

• British by descent
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »
Thanks :D I really like that you're doing this, too. I don't have a two year old cheering me (the cats sometimes watch but it's not exactly encouraging when they fall asleep halfway) so I like to think that you're doing it with me.

My cat sits on the arm of the couch staring down (with disdain/contempt) at me as I do crunches. ;) Not so much a cheering section there, though my dog does seem interested (if quite confused) by the whole process.

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »
I ended up taking today off. I was completely hobbled yesterday evening because of my knee and I woke up today with it feeling OK, but my husband convinced me that I should let it rest today...but I'll be back at it tomorrow  ;D

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
Day 8 of the 30 day shred and I managed to do it fairly easily. Perhaps it's time to move to level 2.

My left knee is still quite sore, but only when doing impact moves, hopefully by doing some modified movements & using a support sleeve will help it heal so I can get back to it full force.

I was going to take today off but I felt pretty good plus I got a bit of a lie in from my daughter who didn't wake up until 8.15 this morning. It's almost becoming an addiction, I NEED to do some sort of exercise. Even yesterday when I didn't do the Shred I still did my old Tae Bo leg lifts and a bunch of ab exercises just to keep the progress going.

I'm going to take my measurements on Saturday and I KNOW I'm going to see a difference! I've not weighed myself since Saturday either and I'm hoping it will have gone down as well.

Thanks :D I really like that you're doing this, too. I don't have a two year old cheering me (the cats sometimes watch but it's not exactly encouraging when they fall asleep halfway) so I like to think that you're doing it with me. 

Aww...you've given me warm fuzzies!  [smiley=iloveyou.gif]  :P It really helps to have someone cheering you on, even if it is cyberley! Keep it up!

I've got 6 stone to lose so I've got a long way to go, so I'll be here a while  :-\\\\

• British by descent
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 11:39:32 AM »
I'm hoping to start back up with this on Saturday. I've been going to bed super early this week but still waking up tired, so we'll see how the get up extra early thing works out next week.

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 09:19:51 AM »
OK, first time on level 2 today and I like that it's challenging. Unfortunately there's a LOT more impact moves and my knee just can't handle it. Looks like I'll be heading to the GP to get it looked at  :\\\'( . In the mean time I'm going to keep doing it and just modify some of the moves to a low impact not to hurt my knee any further.

• Jennifer Knits
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »
Well crap :( I'm sorry the second level isn't good for you. Hope your GP has helpful suggestions to keep it from hurting.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab