Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 513659 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #9255 on: December 17, 2018, 09:00:08 AM »
Had the same thing happen XoD last time we flew.  Only I discovered it exactly 24 hours before the flight when I was trying to check in.  I took several hours for the approval to come through, but it did.  Maybe 6 or 8 hours?

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #9256 on: December 17, 2018, 09:09:02 AM »
Had the same thing happen XoD last time we flew.  Only I discovered it exactly 24 hours before the flight when I was trying to check in.  I took several hours for the approval to come through, but it did.  Maybe 6 or 8 hours?

Not glad that it happened to you, but glad to know that it managed to come through with less time than we have. makes me feel less worried. Will have him check this morning. Did you just check the website to see if it updated?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #9257 on: December 17, 2018, 09:40:17 AM »
Not glad that it happened to you, but glad to know that it managed to come through with less time than we have. makes me feel less worried. Will have him check this morning. Did you just check the website to see if it updated?

If I recall correct,  yes, I checked the website.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #9258 on: December 18, 2018, 05:15:36 PM »
If I recall correct,  yes, I checked the website.

it's approved! woot woot!

But MAN! They've really changed the process. We checked into BA and were told "some countries require seeing passports/visa docs before being allowed to board the plane" so we have to show our docs before going through security even though we already did online check-in. They didn't give me an option to put "US Citizen" for me on the check-in! My options were "Green Card", "Visa", or "Neither" so I put neither and it needed to take a minute to retrieve my documentation...lol I've never felt more unwelcomed as an American returning to America for a holiday than this check-in process has made me feel for some reason. I know it's for security and all that, but it makes me feel awkward...
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #9259 on: December 20, 2018, 01:24:45 PM »
Still being at work and not on Christmas holidays yet.... and I still have tomorrow and Monday to get through.   :o :o :o

I don't want to actually be productive people!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #9260 on: December 20, 2018, 02:47:17 PM »
Still being at work and not on Christmas holidays yet.... and I still have tomorrow and Monday to get through.   :o :o :o

Oh I couldn’t agree more! I’m off today and tomorrow, but then work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Grrrrrrrrr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #9261 on: December 20, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »

That's why I am sitting here on UKY instead of doing the 100000000000 things I am apparently supposed to finish in 2018
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #9262 on: December 20, 2018, 03:05:36 PM »
Wow, had no idea about this! Need to keep it in mind for our next trip. Glad KoD got it sorted. I would be freaking out just a tiny bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #9263 on: December 20, 2018, 03:58:08 PM »
Uggh, when you try for a 100 years to do something and your computer doesn't want to do it and it slows down and acts sluggish and crashes. 

(Because of network security I don't have a lot of privileges to actually fix things. Annoying AF!  So they make you use IT, talk about job security)

So you get on the helpdesk with IT.    They do the exact same thing and steps you do, and it works perfectly.  And you look like a moron. 

[smiley=bomb.gif]

You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #9264 on: December 20, 2018, 04:45:02 PM »
Wow, had no idea about this! Need to keep it in mind for our next trip. Glad KoD got it sorted. I would be freaking out just a tiny bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I just saw a news article. Estas are no longer instant. You have to apply no later than 72 hours before your flight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #9265 on: December 20, 2018, 07:22:23 PM »
Uggh, when you try for a 100 years to do something and your computer doesn't want to do it and it slows down and acts sluggish and crashes. 

(Because of network security I don't have a lot of privileges to actually fix things. Annoying AF!  So they make you use IT, talk about job security)

So you get on the helpdesk with IT.    They do the exact same thing and steps you do, and it works perfectly.  And you look like a moron. 

[smiley=bomb.gif]

This is my life all the time.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #9266 on: December 20, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »
My IA is that my mother in law decided two weeks ago she was coming up for Christmas. We asked her months ago and then again in November. That’s fine, I got over that.. but then hubby says mum wants turkey for dinner. I said oh? Well I got gammon because the three of us don’t really like turkey. And he goes fine you have the argument. I must have just have him the right look because he quickly backed down and said no, your house your kitchen make what you want. But guess what I bought today... a turkey. What has my life become? Hehe

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #9267 on: December 21, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »
Oh I couldn’t agree more! I’m off today and tomorrow, but then work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Grrrrrrrrr

What?  The entire weekend before Christmas?  You must be the new guy.  :(
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #9268 on: December 21, 2018, 09:16:03 AM »
My IA is that my mother in law decided two weeks ago she was coming up for Christmas. We asked her months ago and then again in November. That’s fine, I got over that.. but then hubby says mum wants turkey for dinner. I said oh? Well I got gammon because the three of us don’t really like turkey. And he goes fine you have the argument. I must have just have him the right look because he quickly backed down and said no, your house your kitchen make what you want. But guess what I bought today... a turkey. What has my life become? Hehe

You are a better woman than me.  ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #9269 on: December 21, 2018, 01:05:21 PM »

HA, I would have given my husband a look too if he told me I had to have the argument with his Mum. No f'n way.  He wouldn't cross his Mum himself,  what makes him think I would?!
I have a goose for us, but I KNOW my MIL would not eat it. So we have a turkey too. 
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links