Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do you ever feel strange about your relationship?  (Read 6518 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Do you ever feel strange about your relationship?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 02:38:00 AM »
Don't feel like a freak we're in almost the exact same boat!! I'm 23 and I've been in a committed relationship with my boyfriend in the UK for almost four years and I understand what you mean about feeling embarrassed. The sad thing is, we did meet on the internet (as fellow photography enthusiasts, and slowly became friends) so when he decided to come over and meet me everyone thought we were both insane!

But we aren't. We're two people who fate (and a shared interest) threw together who didn't quite mean to fall in love but did. Not everyone understands and I get the same thing a lot: "Do you even really know each other?" So we can't always physically be together, but we skype constantly, email constantly, etc. We spend entire days on skype just doing normal things "together" and though it's weird, we do our best to make it work!!  ;D

And now I'm finally taking the plunge and going to head over there. I actually think it'll be weird living *together* rather than apart!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »
I probably looked really odd to a lot of people because 1. the long distance 2. the age difference between me and my husband (he's almost 17 years older than me...He doesn't look it though! I thought he was in his mid to late 30's when I met him! LOL!) So, I'm almost 30, and 4 months after I turn 30 he will be 47...) The funny thing is that my husband is in better shape than I am and he's quiet active, so no, I don't notice a difference in age because really, I have a hard time keeping up with him! LOL! Yes, I did get a lot of "gold digger" kinda of accusations and questions (No, I'm not a gold digger, I have to work to help provide!) Sometimes people comment, but it's not as frequent anymore.

I also got the whole "how do you get to know each other!?!" Then I have to explain the magical wonders of technology (Skype, etc.) I tell them that in fact, I think I know my husband BETTER because we were forced to communicate! How many relationships are only physical because that's where the pressure constantly was? I actually got to know him better than I think I ever would have if I had met him in person! I think at the time, I also needed a relationship that was communication driven vs. physically driven...It literally was like a breath of fresh air for me!

I've had one of my most skeptical friends contact me last year and apologize and confess to me that she finally understood what I was talking about...Apparently she went on vacation, met a guy in Mexico (Where I met my husband!) fell head over heals for him and was now doing the long distant skype thing! (They just got engaged last month!) Her's was def. harder though! He barely spoke English and she spoke NO Spanish! They have been teaching each other since their relationship started and are doing wonderfully!

Weird in terms of "normal"?? Maybe! But who want's "normal" anyways? It's boring!! Our kind of stories are the interesting one's and the one's that people write about!  ;) 
~Amberelle

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
True. There's no such thing as a "normal" relationship really! Plus it has to work for you not other people!  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab