Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: MY long distance girlfriend is lying?  (Read 3317 times)

• Liked: 0
MY long distance girlfriend is lying?
« on: December 30, 2014, 06:17:54 PM »
So here is a quick background,

Met this girl online two years ago. Which started out as friends, skyping and texting for fun. We flirted a lot most of the time but never really got serious. So just recently about a month ago we started getting serious. I really like this girl and we are making plans for me to come meet her next year. We talk everyday and it seems like we really really connect. We have always liked eachother way before we even got serious. So beign with her feel so good to me. like it was meant to be. 
 Things seemed to be okay until we started arguing about instagram stuff because she was jealous of old comments she read from when i was single. I did flirt and say things like you're cute and pretty eyes on girls photos. but all the comments were before we got serious.
So after a few days of arguing over me being a huge flirt we came to an agreement that i would stop writing comments under girls pictures.
 So it had reached about two weeks oof me wrtiting no comments before i discovered that she was writting Heart Eyed Smiley under guys pictures. It pissed me off because i commited to no more comments but she couldn't do the same for me. I confronted her and her only excuse was she wanted to get back at me for the old comments she read that were from weeks ago before we even got serious.
  A few days later it got to the point where she didn't even want me to follow other  girls or like their pictures at all. I was okay with that. It didn't bother me at all. so i stopped.
 A week went on that i didn't like any girls pictures or follow any girls. Easy, but then i ran into her posting more Heart Eyes Smiles on guys photos. Her excuse this time was her friend was doing it. But there were like 3-4 comments i seen on different profiles. This made me so mad, i had trouble bellieving that her friend actually is doing that. I let her off the hook this time and said i believed her..
 My girlfriend has a lot of guys that comment her pictures and stuff. so this is is why i get worried when shes commenting them too.
Fast forward to today i saw a guy comment on her new picture and said "baby"
I went to his profile and noticed she had been commenting hearts and heart eyed smiley faces on a few of his photos. One comments even said it was posted 30 mins ago.
 I was outraged, pissed and upset she was still wrtting comments after i completely stopped doing these things weeks ago. I confronted her about it and she said her friend is doing it. And i really don't believe her this time. It's the same excuse. Why would your friend be constantly typing comments on guys photos. At this point i told her i'm done with this relationship. It's not the fact of the comments making me jealous but the fact i feel like she's lyying and the fact i commited to listing to her but she couldn't even do the same for me. so whats the point in a relationship if she cant committe to things like i commmited right?

So i'm asking you guys. What is your opionion on this?

• Liked: 163
Re: MY long distance girlfriend is lying?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 06:47:44 PM »
Run like hell.

• Liked: 2
Re:
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »
Yeah, run. Sorry, chap.

• Liked: 47
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »
Agreed. Don't mess with people who do that kind of crap. The fact that you're even having to argue about social media at all is a red flag.
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
Oh wow so you guys don't believe that it was her friend? I guess my gut was right if more than one person says she's bad news

• Liked: 387
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 08:53:15 PM »
As has been mentioned previously, that kind of behavior is completely unacceptable, and certainly not healthy.  You haven't even met in person yet, and she's being seriously controlling.

At this point i told her i'm done with this relationship.

IMO, the right call.

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 09:11:11 PM »
Oh wow so you guys don't believe that it was her friend?

Friend, not a friend, who knows, what difference does it make?  There's enough crazy there already.

Run.  Like.  Hell.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »
I got as far as " I confronted her and her only excuse was she wanted to get back at me for the old comments she read that were from weeks ago before we even got serious" and stopped reading.

If she needs to get back at you for something that was typed before you were in a relationship, your life is going to be pure misery. There will always be something she is going to need to punish you for. Forgetting to take out the trash, speaking to a female coworker, taking too long at the shop, something.

I dated one of these personality types when I was 21. We were only together for a few months, but it was misery. It ended when he cheated on me because he thought I was cheating on him with one of my male friends... who was gay. He couldn't cope with the thought of another guy over when he was at work, even if the guy was more interested in him for that kind of thing.

Yep, as others have said, RUN.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 10:58:21 PM »
As they say, if you have to ask, you already know the answer :(  I'm sorry, but it is better to get out now before even more emotions, time and money are invested. Good luck SeanDylan92

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 12:05:17 AM »
She was having fun controlling you, wasn't she?  If she had to "get back at you" for benign things you did in your past, she's very insecure and petty too.  I ended up married to someone who was very insecure.  He even asked me to knit him a sweater, because I did it for a previous guy.  He never wore the sweater.  He just had to have what someone else got from me, as "proof" that I loved him.  No "proof" was ever enough.  We've been divorced for over 20 years, and I'm the better for it.

You sound pretty young, but everyone over the age of 18 usually has some sort of romantic past.  Our past is part of the life experience that makes us the person we are today--the person she claimed she loved.  If someone can't handle the fact that you had a past, they won't be able to handle a relationship.  It doesn't sound like your past was anything crazy, or flaunted.  

From what I've seen in the online world, "my friend did it" is a common excuse when someone wants to do something they know they shouldn't.  My friends don't have the passwords to any of my accounts.  If any of them cracked one, they would no longer be my friend, especially if what they did tried to shine a bad light on me, which her "friend" did, by doing something you both agreed was off limits.  If she's still allowing the "friend" to utilize her accounts in that fashion, it's not a friend.  If someone is continuing to do something they know would sabotage your relationship, they are not a friend.

You, your dignity and self-respect need to flee this female and stay away from her.  Block her on all social media.  If it's over, it's over.  Do not engage at all.  

You were given similar advice when you posted about her almost 6 months ago, and things don't sound like they've gotten any better:  http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=83289.0

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:09:46 AM by mariposa »

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »
Run bro run!
this is coming from a female...

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »
Run bro run!
this is coming from a female...

This post is from about nine months ago.  I think they're probably married and having their first baby soon.  ;)

Sponsored Links