Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Job  (Read 1369 times)

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
Job
« on: March 27, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »
Can anyone guesstimate how long does a company take to get back for the second phase of a job, i applied for i got back to them on the 13 march replying and letting them know i was very interested... in going forward with the second phase of this position.

Thanks  advance
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 4985
Re: Job
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:57:49 PM »
How long is a piece of string?   ;D

• Liked: 957
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »
Unfortunately I'm guessing it's like it is here - sometimes hiring decisions go on hold or they wait until they have enough applications to start scheduling interviews. When I was unemployed I'd get the first screen and then 5 months later contacted for the second because there'd been a hiring freeze in the middle. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, keep looking while waiting to hear from them. Others more familiar with the hiring process can confirm, but I'd say if you haven't heard anything in a week or so to ask if they can give a timeline for when the second round will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »
I'm totally with Margo, don't stop looking, you may find something even better.  It's always good to have choices. 

Also, don't tell any recruitment consultant s about the job possiblility, they won't send you out on other interviews and even worse, will call that company and try to put forward other candidates.

Keep plugging away.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 11:50:34 AM »
Been awhile, i went back home to do my taxes i could not do them online could not access service Canada DB, Anyways had a interview the second day i was back with a CA in Lincoln
did well unfortunately they see, i have been working with large Corporations and they told me i would get bored ..seriously... the rhetoric...  question was that i have worked in huge corporations and they think i will get bored.. i beg to differ, but now i have a phone interview coming with a company that works closely with the government,  in law and lawyers documentation process and acess in sharepoint tomorrow friday,

BTW was away for just over a month and was offered 3 jobs in Toronto where i reside..go figure..i have come back to make it a go 150% if not i will go back..life is terrible here for me i live in a sleepy town called Retford  nothing is here no jobs..time to look after myself.
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 03:30:24 PM »
Been awhile, i went back home to do my taxes i could not do them online could not access service Canada DB, Anyways had a interview the second day i was back with a CA in Lincoln
did well unfortunately they see, i have been working with large Corporations and they told me i would get bored ..seriously... the rhetoric...  question was that i have worked in huge corporations and they think i will get bored.. i beg to differ, but now i have a phone interview coming with a company that works closely with the government,  in law and lawyers documentation process and acess in sharepoint tomorrow friday,

BTW was away for just over a month and was offered 3 jobs in Toronto where i reside..go figure..i have come back to make it a go 150% if not i will go back..life is terrible here for me i live in a sleepy town called Retford  nothing is here no jobs..time to look after myself.

Hi Eddy!  ;D

So sorry to hear you're still struggling on the job front. Have you thought about taking something outwith your field, just to get some UK experience on your resume?
I've read that this can be helpful.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »
The good thing that I see is that stuff is happening, you are getting interviews.  It's not unusual to attend several before things really start happening.  It's going to work for you, you just need time

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 10:16:49 AM »
Hi Eddy!  ;D

So sorry to hear you're still struggling on the job front. Have you thought about taking something outwith your field, just to get some UK experience on your resume?
I've read that this can be helpful.  :-\\\\

Ah yes i would take anything including photography r working in a store..
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 10:17:51 AM »
The good thing that I see is that stuff is happening, you are getting interviews.  It's not unusual to attend several before things really start happening.  It's going to work for you, you just need time

Hello Jim,, ty .  hopefully i get a call for a face to face interview this week, did my phone version of it.
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 09:16:25 AM »
After 2 phone interviews and the reading between the lines...am starting to get a clearer picture of what is really going on.. after talking to HR personnel, I have decided to go home. i truly had an honest conversation and was told UK unemployed people would get a job faster than someone coming overseas. it's like we taking their jobs. Going back home,

Dear Eddy
from  Peppermint Technology also check out the spelling mistakes

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your time for both in applying for the role of IT Support Technician and participating in the recent telephone interview. 
We have now completed the telephone interview stage.  On this occasion I regret to inform you that I will not be progressing your application further.  We have been impressed with your skills but on this occasion there were other candidates that more closely met our requirements for the role.   

May I thank you for your interest at Peppermint Technology and wish you well in your search for new career opportunities.
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 210
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »
So sorry to hear the disappointing news. I've heard the job market is really tough to get your first UK employment. Have you considered taking something completely out of your field (say, an entry level position) just to get a UK company on your resume?

Don't forget that you'll potentially lose your settlement visa by going back home, and that's a ton of money to re-apply. It will also restart your clock toward the 5 years for ILR and then eventually citizenship.

Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 08:16:42 PM »
After 2 phone interviews and the reading between the lines...am starting to get a clearer picture of what is really going on.. after talking to HR personnel, I have decided to go home. i truly had an honest conversation and was told UK unemployed people would get a job faster than someone coming overseas. it's like we taking their jobs. Going back home,

Oh Eddy, I wish I knew what to say. I remember how hard it was for you to get here in the first place.
Is there maybe more to this than just the job situation?  It just seems too early to throw in the towel if that is all it is?
Wishing you all the best.

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
Oh Eddy, I wish I knew what to say. I remember how hard it was for you to get here in the first place.
Is there maybe more to this than just the job situation?  It just seems too early to throw in the towel if that is all it is?
Wishing you all the best.

Hello Larrabee, yes there is more one word... Am afraid to say it yes i have been jumping hurdles all my life but never i use it as a crutch....

here is my first interview:
Company in lincoln called Wright Vigar
 IT Mgr Simon xxxx (was hired by the same person from Hays in Lincoln who wanted to send me there and is my agent)

Had a fantastic Interview answered all Technical question and other questions by HR
1) question I was asked
- how much you want (never answered i said I can't  answer, the job has not been offered to me)
- Would you take on the role as an MGR (did not answer)
- When can you start (did not answer not offered a date )

I found out only last Thursday the Hays IT Agent put Simon in Wright Vigar who has no Clear knowledge of being an IT mgr from what I was told and he interviewed me )
- Hays agent (will, wanted me to go for the same job interview  twice until I told him about my interview with Simon who he put in there, nothing bad was said)

The job was offered to another person who had no clue, from what i was told, he declined it and got more money, from where he was working at.. KARMA IS A b*tch. I always believed through my everyday life if i can be better then yesterday in my heart treat someone with dignity and respect life will take on a better meaning for me ...I am a Buddist from my mother's side and will always suffer because it will make me stronger right now i feel defeated these few days.

Larrabee yes i am mixed with Nepalese and Scottish brown skin I was questioned about my name and it does not suit my color of being brown skinned. I love my color..wont trade it for anything.

read your message .. something more horrid.
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »
The job was offered to another person who had no clue, from what i was told, he declined it and got more money, from where he was working at.. KARMA IS A b*tch. I always believed through my everyday life if i can be better then yesterday in my heart treat someone with dignity and respect life will take on a better meaning for me ...I am a Buddist from my mother's side and will always suffer because it will make me stronger right now i feel defeated these few days.

Larrabee yes i am mixed with Nepalese and Scottish brown skin I was questioned about my name and it does not suit my color of being brown skinned. I love my color..wont trade it for anything.

read your message .. something more horrid.

I think perhaps larrabee was asking if there are more to you wanting to leave than it just being about not being able to get a job?
For example, what about your wife? What is she going to do if you go back to Canada? Will she move to Canada instead... are you looking into getting a Canadian spousal visa for her?

Would you be willing to stay in the UK to make a life with her even if you cannot get a job? Or, would you be willing to take ANY job (i.e. even something like retail), just to get some money coming in, so you can make a life here?

Bear in mind that getting a job isn't easy, especially not in the Lincolnshire area... because it's not a particularly prosperous area of the country and there just aren't many career opportunities.

If you don't have any UK work experience yet, that may be affecting your chances of being hired. So, it may be worth trying to do some unpaid volunteering work just to get some UK experience on your CV.

Also, have you tried applying directly for jobs and not going through an agency? Have you made it clear on your CV that you have the right to work in the UK without restriction?

• Liked: 116
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:29 AM »
It's so hard out there; don't give up yet!  I'm in the same boat and it's rough even though I do have UK references/experience and a UK degree.  It takes some time to find the right fit.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links