Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chopped my hair off...  (Read 6322 times)

• Liked: 1260
Chopped my hair off...
« on: July 04, 2017, 09:41:22 PM »
And now I'm afraid it's too short...It's slightly shorter than I wanted and I'm kind of undecided about how I feel right now....

Not sure why I'm posting this here...think I just want to have a moan and say that even though it's been almost 4 years, I haven't found a hairdresser that truly makes me feel happy price and skill-wise. Like I feel like I just settled for this girl and it's convenient as she's mobile, but I'm not totally happy with her yet I don't want to keep trying more people...
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 82
Re: Chopped my hair off...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:16:57 PM »
Aww babe. Know how you feel. I have hairdressers here. Show a pic. I'm sure you look amazing!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 10:37:17 PM »

Pardon the Snapchat filter but this is the most recent picture on my phone (it's from yesterday lol) so that's where it was (little longer than shoulder length)

And this is where it is now (just misses touching the tops of my shoulders).

I know it's not a massive difference but it *feeeeeels* like it is. This is the shortest I've ever had it so I'm just being a drama llama and I'll get over it but I did tell her I just wanted the dead ends trimmed so it sat at shoulder level..maybe my dead ends were that bad??(although this isn't the first time she's messed up my hair...she dyed it blue instead of purple so she no longer dyes my hair lol - at least not since she fixed it...as I needed her help with the correction lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 10:45:03 PM »

Pardon the Snapchat filter but this is the most recent picture on my phone (it's from yesterday lol) so that's where it was (little longer than shoulder length)

And this is where it is now (just misses touching the tops of my shoulders).

I know it's not a massive difference but it *feeeeeels* like it is. This is the shortest I've ever had it so I'm just being a drama llama and I'll get over it but I did tell her I just wanted the dead ends trimmed so it sat at shoulder level..maybe my dead ends were that bad??(although this isn't the first time she's messed up my hair...she dyed it blue instead of purple so she no longer dyes my hair lol - at least not since she fixed it...as I needed her help with the correction lol)

It's a fun chop! You've got a bit of a mod look going. 😁

The best thing, when you aren't sure about a hair cut, is to just give it a little grow out period. I always like it better when it has a chance to settle.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 10:59:58 PM »
It's a fun chop! You've got a bit of a mod look going.

The best thing, when you aren't sure about a hair cut, is to just give it a little grow out period. I always like it better when it has a chance to settle.

Agree with the settling. I feel a bit more comfortable now (a few hours later) as it's fully dried and de-poofed (if that makes sense? Lol)

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 11:02:03 PM »
Agree with the settling. I feel a bit more comfortable now (a few hours later) as it's fully dried and de-poofed (if that makes sense? Lol)

Yep! Sometimes you have to wash it and style it yourself to decide if you like it.

To be fair I have asked for a few haircuts that weren't my most flattering look... those took ages to grow out! Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 11:09:08 PM »

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »
I think that's lovely!  :D
Thank you :) literally asked my husband 5 times if it was "too short"

My, how time flies....

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 11:10:33 PM »
Yep! Sometimes you have to wash it and style it yourself to decide if you like it.

To be fair I have asked for a few haircuts that weren't my most flattering look... those took ages to grow out! Haha.

I've just gotta learn how to style it now!

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 116
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 11:16:53 PM »
It's so cute!!!! It's the length I want but my hair is a different texture so need a different style in that length. I think it really suits you!!!
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 154
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 07:05:11 AM »
I think it suits you and your personality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 585
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 07:53:02 AM »
I really like it!
I saw a photo of Lulu with her hair like that, and I saved it to my phone and showed the hairdresser... I want THAT.
You should have seen the abomination when I left that salon.  >:(

• Liked: 223
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 07:57:22 AM »
I think it looks awesome. It might be shorter than what you asked for, but that's not a bad thing. It looks great and it will grow.  ;)

I always go into haircuts thinking it will look horrible, but I have to remind myself it always looks fine in the end and if it is really terrible, it will grow out.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

Chopped my hair off...
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »
Thanks guys :) definitely made me feel a lot less on edge about it (such a stupid thing to feel on edge about! haha). I've pinned it back today and re-straightened my bangs and it doesn't feel like it looks too bad so I'm definitely feeling more positive about it and people at work says it suits me (which, not suiting me, was probably my biggest fear! Especially as I'm in a wedding in two weeks!)

Again, thanks for all the kind words :)

It's the length I want but my hair is a different texture so need a different style in that length.

The problem I have is that my hair is naturally wavy/curly and it's thick....but the shorter it is, the weirder the curls/waves get......so it just ends up poofy if it doesn't dry the right way which ends up just looking HORRIBLE! I wish my hair was at least a bit thinner as it might not poof-out so much!

I saved it to my phone and showed the hairdresser... I want THAT.
You should have seen the abomination when I left that salon.

Yeah I showed mine a picture of people who's hair, curled, rested just on their shoulder...this definitely does not touch my shoulder...maybe the key is to show them a slightly different photo and let them at it?! hahah I can imagine you left probably feeling like she took some artistic liberties! (I'm sure it looked fine, but when it's not what you were wanting/picturing, it doesn't feeeeel fine). Did you do what I did and just go "yeah, perfect thank you!" Is there a polite way to tell them it's not fine?? lol

EDIT: here's today's hairstyle where I lazily pinned it back but it made me feel like I could at least figure out one way to "style" it so it made me feel good! Haha (I am terribbblleeee at styling my own hair! Even following simple directions!)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:19:43 AM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 09:18:07 AM »
I think it looks awesome. It might be shorter than what you asked for, but that's not a bad thing. It looks great and it will grow.  ;)

I always go into haircuts thinking it will look horrible, but I have to remind myself it always looks fine in the end and if it is really terrible, it will grow out.

Totally! It might even look better as it grows a little (and my hair does grow like a weed so I will embrace the fact that it will be easy to dye and straighten while I can! lol)
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links