Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chopped my hair off...  (Read 6276 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Chopped my hair off...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »
Haha (I am terribbblleeee at styling my own hair! Even following simple directions!)

That looks lovely too!

For me, styling is brush, apply ponytail band, done!  ;D

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 11:13:15 AM »
That looks lovely too!

For me, styling is brush, apply ponytail band, done!  ;D

That's kind of the extent of my ability too. Not even brush as my hair, being naturally curly, just frizzes up and looks TERRIBLE if I brush it when it's not straightened. If I brush it, I pretty much have to straighten it ASAP. I usually just let it curl naturally but with it being shorter, it just doesn't work to let it dry as it will. I have to actually put effort into making sure it dries correctly! BLEH!   :o
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 223
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 11:14:42 AM »
Here's today's hairstyle where I lazily pinned it back but it made me feel like I could at least figure out one way to "style" it so it made me feel good! Haha (I am terribbblleeee at styling my own hair! Even following simple directions!)

Adorable!

I've got fine hair that doesn't hold any style. When I was a bridesmaid in friend's wedding, we got our hair curled and sat under those blow dryers. They kept saying I needed more time. Finally, they pulled me out, took out the curlers and my hair just fell flat. They had to do something totally different with my hair for the wedding.

Styling for me is combing it and putting a few clips to hold it back if it's short or into a ponytail (band coated with elastic so it doesn't slip out!) if it's long. If I'm really feeling ambitious, I braid the fringe back.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:16:01 AM by TravelingFrog »
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »
Adorable!

I've got fine hair that doesn't hold any style. When I was a bridesmaid in friend's wedding, we got our hair curled and sat under those blow dryers. They kept saying I needed more time. Finally, they pulled me out, took out the curlers and my hair just fell flat. They had to do something totally different with my hair for the wedding.

Styling for me is combing it and putting a few clips to hold it back if it's short or into a ponytail (band coated with elastic so it doesn't slip out!) if it's long. If I'm really feeling ambitious, I braid the fringe back.

My friend (who's actually the bride for the wedding I'm in) has hair like that. You have to try reallllyyyy hard to get curls in her hair and, even then, it falls flat pretty quickly. She got a perm once I remember when we were in high school and that's the only thing that held the curls (and she ended up hating it in the end but had to wait for the perm to go away). It's funny though because we always seem to want hair the opposite of what we have. I would love to have straight hair I didn't need to mess about with every morning and people with straight hair seem to usually want the ability to have it curl easily lol.

I wish I had the ability to do french braids (on anybody really, but specifically myself!) as I can literally only do normal braids and even that comes out sloppy. I can pick many things up quite quickly....hair/makeup is completely exempt from that list!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 11:45:30 AM »
I love it!

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 11:46:53 AM »
I love it!

Thank you! :)

And thanks again everyone for the re-assurance and not being irritated at my need to actually create a thread to vent about this haha I was so exhausted by that point and letting myself panic way more than I should've!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 957
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 03:29:49 PM »
I think it's cute! I'm bored of my hair but it's short and there isn't much I can do with it right now, and I love the cut. So I've been playing around with fun colors but I'm afraid U.K. employers probably won't be ok with that. Right now I have a few streaks of pink & red (underneath the top layer of an asymmetric bob), and had mermaid colors before that. I've had my hair dresser for years so I hope I can find someone I'm happy with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 03:49:59 PM »
I think it's cute! I'm bored of my hair but it's short and there isn't much I can do with it right now, and I love the cut. So I've been playing around with fun colors but I'm afraid U.K. employers probably won't be ok with that. Right now I have a few streaks of pink & red (underneath the top layer of an asymmetric bob), and had mermaid colors before that. I've had my hair dresser for years so I hope I can find someone I'm happy with!

Totally depends on your employer! I've had my hair all sorts of colours! It was blue (done in error when trying to get it lilac - first time my hairdresser messed up!!) and I've had it very red to the point that it was nearly pink before that and purple after that! I've decided to go with more temporary colours vs perm ones (like spray in/cream colours  that fade quickly just because it can cost so much to keep up with!). I have given it a rest and stick with just dying/bleaching it blonde as I didn't want to be in a weird way for the wedding I'm in, but my manager doesn't really mind my hair colour as I'm not customer facing and we technically have no dress code at my company (other than "look professional enough).
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »
You look great, I prefer your ears lower on your head and less blue.

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »
You look great, I prefer your ears lower on your head and less blue.

What can I say? I like to shake things up every so often! lol
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 248
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »
That really looks good!  And it suits you. 

My Mum would say that the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks.

But that really is lovely.

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 04:23:12 PM »
That really looks good!  And it suits you. 

My Mum would say that the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks.

But that really is lovely.

Thank you :)

I may need to steal your mum's saying! It's excellent!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 06:07:56 PM »

You see people of all ages and walks of life with bright and unnatural coloured hair. Unless it's in their rules most employers sont care. I'm definitely thinking of adding some colour to my ends!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 06:32:54 PM »
You see people of all ages and walks of life with bright and unnatural coloured hair. Unless it's in their rules most employers sont care. I'm definitely thinking of adding some colour to my ends!
Oh that makes me happy :) I love fun colors of hair. I'm allergic to most everything except manic panic, and with short hair the maintenance isn't too bad!

• Liked: 223
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 06:45:14 PM »
Oh that makes me happy :) I love fun colors of hair. I'm allergic to most everything except manic panic, and with short hair the maintenance isn't too bad!

A question for anyone with super short (like Ellen DeGeneres), fine hair:
Does it take much work? I'm imagining it would just require combing in the right direction and letting it dry, but worried that the natural route might have it standing on end without some sort of gel or hairspray.

Anyone with experience to share? I'm ready for a change!
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab