Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chopped my hair off...  (Read 6336 times)

• Liked: 154
Re: Chopped my hair off...
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
This sounds like the most fun book club of both of you are in it!!

Ditto! I wish there was a meet up group close to me. I tried joining one that was maybe an hour or so away thinking it was the closest I could find and if it's only occasions they meet up why not make the drive? And they rejected me lol oh well!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
You look adorable! I missed my long hair as soon as I chopped it, but short hair is so much easier to deal with. Especially in the summer.

On the point of dyed hair: And honestly, unless the company specifically has a policy against it, no one cares about dyed hair. I've had green hair, My Little Pony hair, purple hair, purple ends, and experimented with various tones and dyes in between, and no one has said anything about it.

It's been very refreshing from my time in the US where most of my employers had a dress code policy that discouraged "unnatural" hair colours.

Thank you you're a sweetheart! :)

YES! I remember when I first dyed my hair a bright pinky-red over here and I had to ask my manager (as I had worked retail before so it didn't matter) and he was just like "I don't care...whatever you want!" I had spoken to another manager to see what they thought before approaching my manager and she said "as long as you're not dying it a colour that won't suit you!" hahaha but that was literally just to spare me from looking bad. In the US, I feel like SO many places have policies about "Unnatural hair" and that's not even a consideration here in the places I've experienced. It's great!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2017, 09:09:57 PM »
You guys have shamed me into phoning my hairdresser... my appointment's on Sunday!

Hahah you will need to update us when the deed is done! MUAHAHAH!  8)
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2017, 09:14:25 PM »
Ditto! I wish there was a meet up group close to me. I tried joining one that was maybe an hour or so away thinking it was the closest I could find and if it's only occasions they meet up why not make the drive? And they rejected me lol oh well!

Say whaaaaaaat?!? Maybe it was a mistake and they didn't purposely reject you!!!

Where's it you're located again??
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 958
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »
Have you tried crazy colours? It's not impossible but more difficult to get manic panic here unfortunately :(
All except for manic panic in the US have fragrance in their ingredients, so it's the only one I can safely use. I'll just stock up before I move ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2017, 09:27:13 PM »
A question for anyone with super short (like Ellen DeGeneres), fine hair:
Does it take much work? I'm imagining it would just require combing in the right direction and letting it dry, but worried that the natural route might have it standing on end without some sort of gel or hairspray.

Anyone with experience to share? I'm ready for a change!

Honestly, depending on your hair texture, it's the easiest hair you'll ever have. I've got ridiculously fine, thick hair with a bit of wave, always dried perfectly straight back in Colorado.

I had to shower and wash my hair every day cause it did stupid things I couldn't fix with just water, but it only took 3 minutes to do my hair. Less than a minute to blow dry (so I had a little more control) and a little bit of product and I was done.

I love having a pixie. But i havent found someone to do my hair here that does it well. I'll post a pic after I'm not on my phone.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2017, 09:33:07 PM »

I love having a pixie. But i havent found someone to do my hair here that does it well. I'll post a pic after I'm not on my phone.

Yes! This should become the "haircut picture" thread so we can admire how great everyone's hair looks despite the difficulty in finding hairdressers! haha
My, how time flies....

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2017, 09:42:30 PM »
This was Just before we got married in 2014. Such a bad haircut originally, the girl butchered my hair. This is after 3 months of growth and a second haircut.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 253
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2017, 09:45:21 PM »
Thank you you're a sweetheart! :)

YES! I remember when I first dyed my hair a bright pinky-red over here and I had to ask my manager (as I had worked retail before so it didn't matter) and he was just like "I don't care...whatever you want!" I had spoken to another manager to see what they thought before approaching my manager and she said "as long as you're not dying it a colour that won't suit you!" hahaha but that was literally just to spare me from looking bad. In the US, I feel like SO many places have policies about "Unnatural hair" and that's not even a consideration here in the places I've experienced. It's great!

I've worked retail and in magazines, and no one has cared. If nothing, they've been actively engaged with the dying process. Asking me what I'll do next, what I use, etc. It's been so refreshing.  ;D
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2017, 09:47:48 PM »
This was Just before we got married in 2014. Such a bad haircut originally, the girl butchered my hair. This is after 3 months of growth and a second haircut.

I love it on you!  This style literally looks perfect on you!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2017, 09:48:37 PM »
My current hair is sad and pathetic...

Don't mind the husband. haha. It's our 3rd anniversary today!

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2017, 09:48:58 PM »
I've worked retail and in magazines, and no one has cared. If nothing, they've been actively engaged with the dying process. Asking me what I'll do next, what I use, etc. It's been so refreshing.  ;D

That sounds very interesting! What'd you do in magazines?!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2017, 09:50:36 PM »
My current hair is sad and pathetic...

Don't mind the husband. haha. It's our 3rd anniversary today!

It is absolutely not sad and pathetic! It looks really nice as well! You can clearly pull off all different lengths of hair! That's a skill! :)

Happy anniversary!!

If I remember correctly, your husband had broken his foot not too long ago right?? If I *am* remembering correctly, how's he doing now??
My, how time flies....

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »
That sounds very interesting! What'd you do in magazines?!

I'd love to hear too!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »
Both great pics Lyonaria!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab