Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bad haircut  (Read 5011 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Bad haircut
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 12:03:41 PM »
I don't really like confrontation either, especially when it involves people I don't really know. Heck, when I complained about that terrible 1st UK haircut, I did it via email. Partially because I lived 30 minutes away from where I got it done and partially because I was ridiculously emotional about it.

Hair is one of the things I will fight for. If my hair looks bad and it's not my fault, you're going to fix it or give me my money back.

This was a little bit after the very short haircut that I actually asked for. It was a little too short for me when I first got it done. The longer in the front pixies are what I need to balance out my features. This one reminds me of the Anne Hathaway cut, which she had after she shaved her head for Les Miserables.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »
Alright. After a shower and a simple blow dry, my hair still sucks. It even feels a bit bowl-cut. :\\\'( It definitely needs fixing to be what I asked for.

Here's my plan of attack:

- Go to the salon
- Hope it's the same desk lady (she speaks English) and the hairdresser (who didn't speak much to me so I'm not sure her level of English, but used the front desk lady as a translator at the end to tell me the style I showed her wouldn't work on me) is not there
- If they put up a fight, I'll probably have no problem rustling up a tear
- Tell them it's not what I asked for at all
- Ask for my money back
- Schedule a fix appointment elsewhere (luckily I work from home so an immediate fix isn't crucial)
- After sorting it out with this salon and getting a fix cut, leave a review for both salons
- Forever cross the road to walk on the sidewalk opposite the salon... or stick to my normal route and give the stink eye as I pass  ;)

Wish me luck!
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 12:40:53 PM »

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »
What I'll probably ask the next stylist for is something similar to nctami72's and when I want to grow it out, let it morph into lyonaria's. You both totally rock(ed) your looks and they're a lot closer to the videos I showed than what I got.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 12:44:30 PM »
Best of luck! You've got a good plan!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 12:45:21 PM »
Lots of it!  x

Thanks larrabee. I'm totally procrastinating leaving the house. All this laundry and cleaning needs to be done now, right? ;) It really can't wait the 20 minutes I'll take to go there and back. ::)

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »
Best of luck! You've got a good plan!

Thanks. Hopefully they'll know I mean business - I've got a proper bra on and everything. ;D

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 12:48:46 PM »
What I'll probably ask the next stylist for is something similar to nctami72's and when I want to grow it out, let it morph into lyonaria's. You both totally rock(ed) your looks and they're a lot closer to the videos I showed than what I got.

Aw, thanks! I'm an old pro at short hair. You wouldn't know from the current length though... I haven't found the exact right person here in the UK yet. I need to try out Bad Apple over in B'ham, has an American on staff who does awesome colour and she said her boss is a dab hand at pixies!

If you need any advice about questions to ask to make sure you get the right stylist, I'm happy to share!

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »
Thanks. Hopefully they'll know I mean business - I've got a proper bra on and everything. ;D

*grins* It works if you psych yourself up and just go down there. If this was one of your friends, you would definitely have her back. Time to have your own! You've got some righteous indignation on your side!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
That's pretty much the cut I was expecting. Maybe a tiny bit shorter, but that's closer to what I wanted them what I got.

I might show whoever cuts my hair next your photo if you don't mind. ;) Just to prove a real live human with straight hair can have short hair.

What do you do to style it?
As soon as I am out of the shower, I use my fingers to point my hair in the direction I want it to go when it dries.

When it is dry (like 10 minutes) I work some paste into my hands and work it through my hair.

Doing my hair literally takes me 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 12:56:45 PM »

Doing my hair literally takes me 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I so miss that. It doesn't exactly take long for my hair at this legnth, but it takes a stupid amount of time to wash with our low pressure shower. *sigh* I definitely want to go back to a pixie at some point.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »

OH! It will also help if you have your examples handy. They can't argue with pictures when the hair doesn't even look remotely like what you wanted. :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »
Thanks larrabee. I'm totally procrastinating leaving the house. All this laundry and cleaning needs to be done now, right? ;) It really can't wait the 20 minutes I'll take to go there and back. ::)

Totally get it!  ;D

Go on TF, you can do it!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
Good luck TF!  Nothing worse than paying for something you didn't want.  Luckily it's long enough to be fixed!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 01:08:06 PM »
THIS is my favorite post in the entire thread.  I don't know why... I don't even wear a bra!  (TMI?  Sorry... I'm small, and bras are uncomfortable.)

But give 'em hell, TF!  (But nicely, because you're an ambassador for all Americans everywhere... blah blah...)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:09:28 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links