Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Amateur Photography  (Read 12267 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Amateur Photography
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »
NOT just you.  <shudder>

Thank f**k. I was starting to think I might be going crazy with his response LOL. I mean, it's not the most offensive in the world or anything...but it's certainly NOT what I would actively seek out...just me personally. (it's not just the cupboard either... they got like magnolia/borderline eggshell tinted tiles as well. WHY?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »
Oh yeah, he won't be winning that one out ;) He just doesn't see a problem with eggshell/cake batter yellow cabinets. Is it just me???

Our old house was pretty much that colour throughout.  Add in a bit of mould in the damp corners and some stains and the whole place just looked dingy.  The kitchen, especially.  We still feel sorry for the missed potential of that house.  If the owners just put a little work into it, they could easily charge double what we were paying.  But I'm happy to have livedxin the dreary yellow interior for cheap while we saved up for House.  Because now we have House!

Light grey sounds lovely.  Clean and crisp and elegant.  Fight the good fight!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2018, 02:29:29 PM »
Our old house was pretty much that colour throughout.  Add in a bit of mould in the damp corners and some stains and the whole place just looked dingy.  The kitchen, especially.  We still feel sorry for the missed potential of that house.  If the owners just put a little work into it, they could easily charge double what we were paying.  But I'm happy to have livedxin the dreary yellow interior for cheap while we saved up for House.  Because now we have House!

Light grey sounds lovely.  Clean and crisp and elegant.  Fight the good fight!

Wouldn't even be looking at darker than this I don't think http://orhonint.com/light-grey-kitchen-cabinets/light-grey-kitchen-cabinets-kitchen-awesome-light-grey-kitchen-cabinets-for-inspiring-your-remodelling/

Just a tiny bit of colour but a neutral type of colour. Not a random yellow tint.

Can we have a DIY house thread please? hahaha
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2018, 02:37:06 PM »
Wouldn't even be looking at darker than this I don't think http://orhonint.com/light-grey-kitchen-cabinets/light-grey-kitchen-cabinets-kitchen-awesome-light-grey-kitchen-cabinets-for-inspiring-your-remodelling/

Just a tiny bit of colour but a neutral type of colour. Not a random yellow tint.

Wow!  Those are gorgeous!

Our kitchen cabinets are SOOOO ugly.   I'm sure they would beat yours in a challenge.  I know they'd improve with new knobs, but I'd rather them stay horrifically ugly so that people KNOW I wouldn't keep them.  Nasty yellow-tinted off white.  Looks like someone smoked for 20 years (though it wasn't a smokers house).  And this awful arch thing on the cabinets.  They are baaaaad.

And we have laminate counters that look like butcher block.  <shudder>.

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2018, 02:48:22 PM »
Wow!  Those are gorgeous!

Our kitchen cabinets are SOOOO ugly.   I'm sure they would beat yours in a challenge.  I know they'd improve with new knobs, but I'd rather them stay horrifically ugly so that people KNOW I wouldn't keep them.  Nasty yellow-tinted off white.  Looks like someone smoked for 20 years (though it wasn't a smokers house).  And this awful arch thing on the cabinets.  They are baaaaad.

And we have laminate counters that look like butcher block.  <shudder>.

I am literally a child because when I see the word "knob" I giggle and there's a shop that is called like The Knob Shop or something like that in Sandhurst I think it is and I laugh every time we drive by.

hahah we might have similar cabinets. Perhaps it was a Berkshire fad? I am going to try to convince my husband that gutting and re-doing the whole kitchen before moving is maybe a must LOL. Even if it's just a cheaper Ikea jobby! Either that or we'll need to keep the carcases and get new cabinet doors.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2018, 02:50:49 PM »
Also, JF, I totally FB'd you earlier today hahaha
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2018, 03:00:47 PM »

Oooh, yeah.  That is exactly what I pictured when you said grey.  It's soft, it's clean, it's fresh.  I could live with that.

I am literally a child because when I see the word "knob" I giggle and there's a shop that is called like The Knob Shop or something like that in Sandhurst I think it is and I laugh every time we drive by.

Oh my gosh!  This!  We were at the British Museum of Natural History and saw this just all nonchalantly sitting in a case.  We could not let it go unnoticed!

EDIT: The compression is terrible.  The specimen card says "rounded, knob-like mass / Cleator Moor, Cumberland".

Also, JF, I totally FB'd you earlier today hahaha

I just saw! I don't use the app and don't have Messenger, and I spent the morning poking at my phone.  Now I'm on my laptop so I can see it!  Sorry if I'm ever slow to respond over there.  I refuse to let Facebook know who I really am.  :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:02:34 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2018, 03:14:14 PM »
Oooh, yeah.  That is exactly what I pictured when you said grey.  It's soft, it's clean, it's fresh.  I could live with that.

Oh my gosh!  This!  We were at the British Museum of Natural History and saw this just all nonchalantly sitting in a case.  We could not let it go unnoticed!

EDIT: The compression is terrible.  The specimen card says "rounded, knob-like mass / Cleator Moor, Cumberland".

I just saw! I don't use the app and don't have Messenger, and I spent the morning poking at my phone.  Now I'm on my laptop so I can see it!  Sorry if I'm ever slow to respond over there.  I refuse to let Facebook know who I really am.  :P

yeah I thought it looked crisp and fresh too.

hahaha NICE. Was giggling the other day when I told my husband he should just put a knob of butter in something LOL.

hahaha no it's fine, I'm always slow to respond too! I was just thinking about you regarding your skills today and this DIY topic reminded me! haha
My, how time flies....

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2018, 09:27:16 PM »
Took a picture of myself literally through husbando's eyes.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 768
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2018, 10:22:27 PM »
Took a picture of myself literally through husbando's eyes.
And this is what your post looks like when viewed through Tapatalk until you actually click on the thread.

I seriously thought you were just having a laugh. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »
And this is what your post looks like when viewed through Tapatalk until you actually click on the thread.

I seriously thought you were just having a laugh. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Omfg I’m crying hahahahahahahahaha accurate though

I’ve had the app show some awkward pics for a thread but this one is my favourite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 114
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2018, 04:54:58 PM »
A few snaps from our Mexico holiday.

They were all taken with my phone because I CBA taking my DSLR.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 111
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2018, 06:09:27 PM »
Heyjay, those are beautiful photos!

I’ve never been to the Mexican beaches despite my father being born in Mexico and having four Mexican-born grandparents. None of them could ever understand why anyone would go there willingly on vacation. I guess I just sort of never really thought of it as a destination before. Thanks to your photos, I may change my mind.

• Liked: 114
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2018, 08:59:35 PM »
Heyjay, those are beautiful photos!

I’ve never been to the Mexican beaches despite my father being born in Mexico and having four Mexican-born grandparents. None of them could ever understand why anyone would go there willingly on vacation. I guess I just sort of never really thought of it as a destination before. Thanks to your photos, I may change my mind.

Definitely go!

The beaches on the Gulf side are probably not that nice - Tamaulipas, Veracruz, Tabasco, etc. as I never remember Texas beaches being anything worth bothering about.  But the Caribbean beaches are definitely where it's at.  Unfortunately the seaweed has been a terrible problem this year, but it didn't stop us from having a super nice week away!

ETA let me not forget my manners... Thank you for the compliment!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2019, 09:09:28 PM »
Finally filtered through my photos from Japan in the last 2 months (very slow progress LOL) and just thought I'd refresh the thread to share some of them and see if anybody has any new photos to share :)

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab