Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 316021 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #3090 on: May 25, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »
Congrats to everyone that received their visas.

Applied March 19th
Received email- April 6th
Not straightforward email- April 26th
 Received another not straightforward email today- May 25th.
Is it normal to receive two not straightforward emails??
Any idea what to expect or how much longer??

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3091 on: May 25, 2018, 06:14:13 PM »

Applied March 19th
Have you contacted your MP yet? I would... Its hard to know how long it'll take, and it's rare but people have received multiple emails before.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3092 on: May 25, 2018, 06:19:01 PM »
No, it’s not normal to get two emails.  Did you email the enquiry line?  If so, I suspect the second email was triggered by them.

If not, just write it off as incompetence/lack of communication within the processing centre.

• Liked: 46
« Reply #3093 on: May 26, 2018, 01:03:09 AM »

Applied March 19th

Dang.  :-\\\\ hope you get an answer soon!
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

« Reply #3094 on: May 28, 2018, 05:01:22 PM »
hey! sorry for no updates as things have been crazy. just went through border inspection with my new visa, bout to get on the chunnel. my puppy and i made it safe, but it was not without a very bad start...

while loading my dog onto the plane in oregon, icelandair’s baggage handlers did not secure or hold the crate on the loading belt, which was far too steep, so my dog’s crate tumbled backwards down the ramp and landed upside down. i watched it happen and just instantly went into defensive momma mode. throughout the flight, connection, and our next flight they assured me he was ok, but they are for sure going to be hearing from me about this incident once we get to our new home!

other than that, alls good. should be in morden in a few hours!

good luck to all those still waiting!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3095 on: May 28, 2018, 05:45:16 PM »
hey! sorry for no updates as things have been crazy. just went through border inspection with my new visa, bout to get on the chunnel. my puppy and i made it safe, but it was not without a very bad start...

while loading my dog onto the plane in oregon, icelandair’s baggage handlers did not secure or hold the crate on the loading belt, which was far too steep, so my dog’s crate tumbled backwards down the ramp and landed upside down. i watched it happen and just instantly went into defensive momma mode. throughout the flight, connection, and our next flight they assured me he was ok, but they are for sure going to be hearing from me about this incident once we get to our new home!

Oh no!!! I would have been LIVID if that had happened to mine! Good job for holding it together.
Glad you're almost there!  :)

« Reply #3096 on: May 29, 2018, 02:33:28 PM »

Poor pup! Hope he’s okay. Safe travels!

« Reply #3097 on: May 29, 2018, 02:38:01 PM »
Sent package off on Friday (29th May) and just got my email from Sheffield!  ;D

Now we wait! I will refrain from being on the forum until I get the decision email because I don’t want to drive myself crazy comparing my timeline to others. Thanks for the help in putting it all together!

Best of luck to everyone waiting!  ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3098 on: May 29, 2018, 02:48:51 PM »

Now we wait! I will refrain from being on the forum until I get the decision email because I don’t want to drive myself crazy comparing my timeline to others. Thanks for the help in putting it all together!

Feel free to come play on our silly threads!

But it’s always wise to put the visa to the back of your mind.  Can’t wait to hear your good news!

« Reply #3099 on: May 29, 2018, 02:59:55 PM »

Yeah, there are whole other areas of the forum where visas never enter into the conversation! Join us there!  ;D

« Reply #3100 on: May 29, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »
Thank you! I just might do that - we’ll see how I handle the waiting. Right now I’m in that excited phase of “yay! They’ve got it!”, but I’m worried I’ll cross over into that anxious state of “what’s taking so long? Did I do something wrong?” Hopefully I won’t!

« Reply #3101 on: May 29, 2018, 05:21:55 PM »
Thank you! I just might do that - we’ll see how I handle the waiting. Right now I’m in that excited phase of “yay! They’ve got it!”, but I’m worried I’ll cross over into that anxious state of “what’s taking so long? Did I do something wrong?” Hopefully I won’t!

Haha, just keep repeating, .."yay, They've got it!" and hopefully you will stick in that phase a little longer!  :)

• Liked: 48
« Reply #3102 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:31 PM »

What?! That’s absolutely maddening!!! I hope you do make a complaint and that your pup is ok 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Settlement Spouse Visa (Priority)
Online application submitted:  27-March-2018
Biometrics:  30-March-2018
UKVI receipt of application: 16-April-2018
Decision made email: 16-May-2018 22BD
UPS return of passport: 21-May-2018
APPROVED!!!

FLR(M)
Applied online: 13 January 2021
Biometrics/documents scanned & uploaded: 2 February 2021
Decision received: 04 June 2021
Decision: Approved

ILR Set(M) - Super Priority
Applied online: 15 August 2023
Biometrics: 16 August 2023
Decision email: 16 August 2023 - Approved!
BRP Received: 21 August 2023

« Reply #3103 on: May 29, 2018, 11:03:53 PM »
Update from me as well:
I was due to fly out from JFK, NYC to Manchester on Sunday evening (after traveling from Philadelphia to NYC). Got an email on Saturday (DAY BEFORE!!) from airline saying flight has been cancelled no further details provided. I was...numb! After the agonising wait from UKVI, only to be thwarted by aviation mishaps! I had to call to get any news, no follow up email sent!!! After being on hold for over and hour(!!!) I was told that they are trying to figure out what to do with us and that operations would be in touch in an hour or two. Tops! In the meantime, the woman gave me the number to operations in order to call them myself. Great - this can be sorted in no time, I thought. Wrong! I call and operations are closed?!?! I was p*ssed lol. Flash forward to Sunday 5am EST and I call operations as soon as they open in the U.K. Was told to “definitely go to jfk. The flight is just delayed, there WILL be a flight Sunday evening.”

Thank the gods my skeptical side told me to call back later because the next advisor told me NOT to go to jfk. There was to be NO flight. The flight was cancelled and no explanation as to why. Instead, we would fly from Boston (I’m in Philadelphia mind you) on Monday and get to Manchester on Tuesday.

So basically, I was given the option of either making my way to Boston on my own or going to jfk on Sunday to be put in a hotel and then shuttled to Boston on Monday morning. Thankfully they said they’d reimburse any travel and food expenses. So, while I unexpectedly lost a day with my hubby, I got to spend a bit more time with my family. The airline usually charges for drinks, but they offered a complimentary service as well as a goodwill compensation. I’ve filed my claim so I hope they follow through on their promise.

In the end, I’ve made it to the U.K.! Was picked by my husband (who’s lost a bit of weight - I’ve got catching up to do lol...too much time with family ). Picked up my BRP too! Husband has taken the week off so we’re going to go exploring around the country this week and into the weekend! I’m really excited to get my life back on track!

APPROVED!!!

FLR(M)

« Reply #3104 on: May 29, 2018, 11:15:08 PM »
Quick questions!

I’m sure this has been asked many times before, but I can’t recall what was advised at the time. I remember people here were told that if you travel into the U.K. with your U.K. sponsor, you are able to go through the EU/Home queues at the airport. At Manchester airport, I only saw kiosk machines in the EU/Home queues (perhaps I didn’t look close enough for immigration officers there). Am I able to go through the EU/Home queue where there are only kiosk stations? Or, only if there is an immigration officer stationed?

APPROVED!!!

FLR(M)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab