Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Redundancy and FLR (M)  (Read 16855 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Redundancy and FLR (M)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 03:48:16 PM »
Thanks KFDancer, I appreciate your support :-).

I have another update for y'all. I got an offer at another company and I think I'm going to take it!

Just confirming, gettting a new job so close to the FLR(M) application is not going to be an issue right? It's a steep drop in what I'm currently earning (£25k) but it still meets the requirements of the visa renewal if i recall correctly.

Please let me know if this is going to be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As long as the new role is above £18,600 you are GOLDEN!!!

RUN RUN RUN!!!!

Congratulations!   [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

• Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »
As long as the new role is above £18,600 you are GOLDEN!!!

RUN RUN RUN!!!!

Congratulations!   [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]
Haha thank you, im sprinting!!!! Also sorry i just realised what i said made to be that im currently earning 25k. I meant to say the new role is 25k so its above the threshold ^_^.

Also need to make sure that there's no gaps between the 2 paychecks right? I was planning on giving myself a week of to recuperate but i fear that might be a bad idea right?

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »
Haha thank you, im sprinting!!!! Also sorry i just realised what i said made to be that im currently earning 25k. I meant to say the new role is 25k so its above the threshold ^_^.

Also need to make sure that there's no gaps between the 2 paychecks right? I was planning on giving myself a week of to recuperate but i fear that might be a bad idea right?

So long as:

On the date of application, you add up all your earnings over the past 12 months and it totals £18,600 or more, you are good.

As you are going to take a paycut, you'll have a buffer in there.  I suspect you are 100% fine to take a week off.

Just be sure to get all your payslips from your current employer - and have them sign/stamp them or give you a letter authenticating them - before you leave. 

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »
So long as:

On the date of application, you add up all your earnings over the past 12 months and it totals £18,600 or more, you are good.

As you are going to take a paycut, you'll have a buffer in there.  I suspect you are 100% fine to take a week off.

Just be sure to get all your payslips from your current employer - and have them sign/stamp them or give you a letter authenticating them - before you leave.
Sorry what do you mean by buffer?

Also.who authenticates the payslips? Would that be the post office, like how they authenticate a photocopy if the passport?

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 09:00:11 PM »
Sorry what do you mean by buffer?

Also.who authenticates the payslips? Would that be the post office, like how they authenticate a photocopy if the passport?

Your current employer will authenticate the payslips (if printed from an Intranet). So get that before you walk.  :)

What I meant by buffer:
Take the date you plan to apply or FLR(M)
Go back one year.
Add all of the gross pay from your payslips from that date until now.  How far are you from £18,600?
How long will you be earning at your new job before you apply?  Add in that gross amount.

If you are able to still be at £18,600 with the two added together with a week off - take the week off!   :D

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 10:49:45 AM »
Your current employer will authenticate the payslips (if printed from an Intranet). So get that before you walk.  :)

What I meant by buffer:
Take the date you plan to apply or FLR(M)
Go back one year.
Add all of the gross pay from your payslips from that date until now.  How far are you from £18,600?
How long will you be earning at your new job before you apply?  Add in that gross amount.

If you are able to still be at £18,600 with the two added together with a week off - take the week off!   :D
Thanks KFDancer! So I just ask them to authenticate the printouts?

I worked it out and it all looked good so I've given myself a week off I'm so happy! This year has been an absolute rollercoaster (I imagine the ride isn't ending yet either) so I'm thankful for your advice and able to sneak in a little break.

So excited to leave london!!! We'll be moving into my parent's home so rent will be a lot more tolerable, and I get to see my doggy everyday again!!!

Just wondering by the way. When it comes to the FLR(M) I imagine a lot of couples live with their parents. I'm only going to be paying rent as a standing order so how else would I prove that I'm living there?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 11:02:30 AM »
Thanks KFDancer! So I just ask them to authenticate the printouts?

I worked it out and it all looked good so I've given myself a week off I'm so happy! This year has been an absolute rollercoaster (I imagine the ride isn't ending yet either) so I'm thankful for your advice and able to sneak in a little break.

So excited to leave london!!! We'll be moving into my parent's home so rent will be a lot more tolerable, and I get to see my doggy everyday again!!!

Just wondering by the way. When it comes to the FLR(M) I imagine a lot of couples live with their parents. I'm only going to be paying rent as a standing order so how else would I prove that I'm living there?

They will need to provide a letter authenticating the pay slips if they are printed from online.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Normally if living with family, you would provide a letter of permission from the owners of the property and the land registry document (and mortgage statement if applicable) However if you are paying rent, they will expect to see a rental agreement with both names on it.

You will also need to provide mail to the new address so get all of your existing bills and statements transferred where you can.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »

They will need to provide a letter authenticating the pay slips if they are printed from online.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Normally if living with family, you would provide a letter of permission from the owners of the property and the land registry document (and mortgage statement if applicable) However if you are paying rent, they will expect to see a rental agreement with both names on it.

You will also need to provide mail to the new address so get all of your existing bills and statements transferred where you can.

Thanks larrabee, it will take me a while to read through that link (dyslexia) but basically I just print off the pay slips from flr(m) application date - 1 year to my last payslip (next month when it arrives) and ask HR to authenticate it? Is that with a stamp or something?

Cool so I just ask my mom to write out a rental agreement with out names on. Does it need to be approved/stamped or something? I remember my first house was rented through a private landlord and for the visa the agreement and a letter from him confirming i lived there sufficed.

Switched over nearly all the bills now. Some of them ive had to cancel like internet because my mom already has internet and such. The only bills we'll still be paying for is the phone bill now. Will be switching over the bank address when we move.

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 11:52:03 AM »
Sorry I should clarify.

I'm not renting at my parents. My spouse  and I are moving back in with them. I'm just helping out with living costs.

That case we shouldn't need a rental agreement right? We just need a letter from my mom confirming that we live with her?

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 12:08:23 PM »
Sorry I should clarify.

I'm not renting at my parents. My spouse  and I are moving back in with them. I'm just helping out with living costs.

That case we shouldn't need a rental agreement right? We just need a letter from my mom confirming that we live with her?

You will need to provide proof that the house is owned by your mother (land registry entry and mortgage statement if applicable) along with the letter from your mother saying you and your spouse can live there.  If you're only helping out informally with living costs, then you don't need to submit a rental agreement.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2018, 02:32:45 PM »
You will need to provide proof that the house is owned by your mother (land registry entry and mortgage statement if applicable) along with the letter from your mother saying you and your spouse can live there.  If you're only helping out informally with living costs, then you don't need to submit a rental agreement.

Awesome thank you for letting me know. I think we're slowly but surely gettign on track for the FLR(M) application in October :). I need to make sure we can get the proof of address documents ready.

So far I'll be able to prove:

Joint
-Council Tax May 2016 to May 2018
- Water May 2016 to May 2018
- Bank (Joint account) May 2016 to October 2018

Me (sponsor)
- 3 mobile May 2016 to October 2018

Spouse (applicant)

Just need to figure out how to make up the last 4 documents.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 03:13:48 PM »
Awesome thank you for letting me know. I think we're slowly but surely gettign on track for the FLR(M) application in October :). I need to make sure we can get the proof of address documents ready.

So far I'll be able to prove:

Joint
-Council Tax May 2016 to May 2018
- Water May 2016 to May 2018
- Bank (Joint account) May 2016 to October 2018

Me (sponsor)

Spouse (applicant)

Just need to figure out how to make up the last 4 documents.

You just need six individual dates of correspondence, total.  So, like:

1. Joint council tax statement from May 2016 is one.
2. 3 Mobile statements for you and your partner in September 2016, together make one.
3. Joint bank statement from January 2017 is one.
Etc.

You don't need all the statements from all three sources spanning the whole two years (if you have that, pick two from each, about 4 months apart, and you're good to go!).  You just need to pick six evenly-spaced moments in time and provide a piece of post that's addressed to you both, or one piece for each of you individually, for each of those months.  And, between all of them, they have to be from at least three different sources.  So you could do 4 joint bank statements, a joint council tax bill, and a 3-Mobile statement for each of you (if it's not jointly-addressed, make sure the two pieces for that moment of time were sent to each of you in the same month).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:16:30 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 10:37:30 AM »
You just need six individual dates of correspondence, total.  So, like:

1. Joint council tax statement from May 2016 is one.
2. 3 Mobile statements for you and your partner in September 2016, together make one.
3. Joint bank statement from January 2017 is one.
Etc.

You don't need all the statements from all three sources spanning the whole two years (if you have that, pick two from each, about 4 months apart, and you're good to go!).  You just need to pick six evenly-spaced moments in time and provide a piece of post that's addressed to you both, or one piece for each of you individually, for each of those months.  And, between all of them, they have to be from at least three different sources.  So you could do 4 joint bank statements, a joint council tax bill, and a 3-Mobile statement for each of you (if it's not jointly-addressed, make sure the two pieces for that moment of time were sent to each of you in the same month).

Sorry for the late reply moving has been hectic! Thank you so much for your advice this really helps :).

By the way I'm not sure where to post this but something has come up and I need advice on how it will affect applying for the FLR M.

So my brother recently bought a house with his wife andunfortunately they have split up. They've agreed to have my brother buy her share out of the house and keep it for himself, however the bank needs him to co own the house with someone else.

Here's where I (and potentially my husband) come in. My brother has asked me to co-own the house with him,which at face value seems fine but I have no idea how or if this would affect applying for the FLR M.

Potentially we can have it so that me, my husband and my brother co-own the place just to make it clear if necessary, to immigration that me and my husband are committed to each other (Would it look bad if he didn't co-own with me?).

But basically we would just be co-owning and I wouldn't be putting any money towards the bills or living there etc. My brother wants to just have a chance to enjoy his new home.

Would helping him out cause any complications for me and my husband?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 11:32:03 AM »
Is the house in the UK and would you be living in it and using it for your accommodation evidence for FLR(M)? Or renting it out and using it to meet the financial requirement for FLR(M)?

If not, then it has no relevancy to the visa application.

The only thing it would affect is your answer to the following question (which has no bearing on the visa decision anyway):
6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
Is the house in the UK and would you be living in it and using it for your accommodation evidence for FLR(M)? Or renting it out and using it to meet the financial requirement for FLR(M)?

If not, then it has no relevancy to the visa application.

The only thing it would affect is your answer to the following question (which has no bearing on the visa decision anyway):
6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?

House is in the UK, but we wouldn't be living in it, we're currently staying at my mom's and we intend to stay there,so my brother would be living at his house and having financial responsibility over it.

So should be ok?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab