Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Redundancy and FLR (M)  (Read 16963 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: Redundancy and FLR (M)
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2018, 02:42:18 PM »
I though it was supposed to be made valid from the expiry date of the current visa?

I’ve definitely read that on the UKVI website before, but I can’t find it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this online, it's not directly from the ukvi website but it's saying that it's from date of issue right? If that's the case I should apply on 27th December 2018 (28 days from the expiry date 24th Jan 2019) I feel like that's cutting is way too close for comfort.

https://expatriates.stackexchange.com/questions/10921/is-a-uk-flr-m-extension-visa-added-to-the-existing-time-or-started-from-now

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2018, 02:48:34 PM »
I though it was supposed to be made valid from the expiry date of the current visa?

I’ve definitely read that on the UKVI website before, but I can’t find it right now.

Well, now I don't know!  I was fiance>FLR(M)>FLR(M)>ILR, and mine just ended up so that the dates of approval of my second FLR(M) (based on the approval letter) just happened to be the same as the expiry of my first FLR(M) mine was from the date of approval. I didn't realize this was a coincidence.

I did my first FLR(M) in person on 5 June, 2013.  Posted my second FLR(M) app at the end of November, 2015, and it was granted on 6 January, 2016, with an expiry of July 2018.

oh crap ok :/. His visa is valid from 24/04/2016 until 24/01/2019
He arrived in Heathrow airport on 02/05/2016

2nd of May?  That's UK format?

So the earliest he can apply for ILR is 28 days before 2 May, 2021, which is 4 April, 2021.  His new visa needs to last at least until then so he can apply for ILR without needing another FLR(M) to bridge.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2018, 03:26:25 PM »
Well, now I don't know!  I was fiance>FLR(M)>FLR(M)>ILR, and mine just ended up so that the dates of approval of my second FLR(M) (based on the approval letter) just happened to be the same as the expiry of my first FLR(M) mine was from the date of approval. I didn't realize this was a coincidence.

I did my first FLR(M) in person on 5 June, 2013.  Posted my second FLR(M) app at the end of November, 2015, and it was granted on 6 January, 2016, with an expiry of July 2018.

2nd of May?  That's UK format?

So the earliest he can apply for ILR is 28 days before 2 May, 2021, which is 4 April, 2021.  His new visa needs to last at least until then so he can apply for ILR without needing another FLR(M) to bridge.

oh cool ok, so I've found this on the ukvi guidance where this bit raised my ears:

"We encourage you to apply no more than 28 days before the expiry date, or no
more than 28 days before you have completed 30 months in the UK with leave as a
partner. Extant leave as a partner of up to 28 days will be added to the 30 months of
leave that you are granted.
"

So that would mean we apply on the 4th October 2018 and lets say it gets approved on 14th October 2018 (10 days later), would that quote in red mean that My husband will have his FLR (M) starting from the 14th October 2018 and will expire 10 days later than usual, or similarly it would start 10 days after the approval date 24th October 2018. Does this logic sound about right?

Yeah 2nd May 2016 he arrived here, so assuming FLR (M) grants 30 months ( i feel like ive heard 33 months from somewhere, unless thats the first visa?) then 30 months before 4th April 2021 is 4th October 2018. Which adds up nicely assuming my logic is correct?

• Liked: 3595
Redundancy and FLR (M)
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »
So that would mean we apply on the 4th October 2018 and lets say it gets approved on 14th October 2018 (10 days later), would that quote in red mean that My husband will have his FLR (M) starting from the 14th October 2018 and will expire 10 days later than usual, or similarly it would start 10 days after the approval date 24th October 2018. Does this logic sound about right?

If you apply in person on Oct 4th, it will be approved on Oct 4th.

So, in that case, it should be made valid from Oct 4th.

The way I understand that passage, it reads that you would get an extra 28 days on top of the 30 months... so it would be valid from:
4th Oct 2018 to 4th May 2021 (30 months and 28 days).

Yeah 2nd May 2016 he arrived here, so assuming FLR (M) grants 30 months ( i feel like ive heard 33 months from somewhere, unless thats the first visa?) then 30 months before 4th April 2021 is 4th October 2018. Which adds up nicely assuming my logic is correct?

33 months is the length of the first spousal visa - to give 3 months leeway to move to the U.K. and still reach 30 months before it expires.

The FLR(M) is issued for 30 months only (possibly plus 28 days).

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2018, 08:03:32 AM »
If you apply in person on Oct 4th, it will be approved on Oct 4th.

So, in that case, it should be made valid from Oct 4th.

The way I understand that passage, it reads that you would get an extra 28 days on top of the 30 months... so it would be valid from:
4th Oct 2018 to 4th May 2021 (30 months and 28 days).

33 months is the length of the first spousal visa - to give 3 months leeway to move to the U.K. and still reach 30 months before it expires.

The FLR(M) is issued for 30 months only (possibly plus 28 days).

That's great, thanks for clarifying. I don't think we're going to be ready to apply (we'll most likely do it by post) by the 4th October but it's good to know that we can do it as soon as we're ready now.

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2018, 02:26:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

just wondering if this would count as a joint bill from May 2017? I've highlighted the date and the address we lived at during that date

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2018, 02:50:17 PM »
It wouldn't hurt to send it if you have nothing else, but it's dated 1st October 2018 so that's really where it belongs.

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2018, 03:12:37 PM »
It wouldn't hurt to send it if you have nothing else, but it's dated 1st October 2018 so that's really where it belongs.

Thanks larrabee, yeah I've been having a lot of back and forth with British Gas about this. In my opinion i should be able to download old bills but they're just rebilling everything. I wouldn't have cared so much but they automatically turned on paperless billing without letting me know about it. I'm trying to find other correspondence to make up for it but its just doing my head in at this point.

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »
It sucks that they did that but the correspondence you provide should all have been sent to you through the post.

Make sure in future that you have something coming in on a monthly basis. That way, you will never be stuck.

I used to take a meter reading every month which would generate a paper bill for the gas/electricity. I also had bank statements for each of us which were set to come monthly. Then I just added a little variety with other things which came more randomly.

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2018, 03:34:56 PM »
It sucks that they did that but the correspondence you provide should all have been sent to you through the post.

Make sure in future that you have something coming in on a monthly basis. That way, you will never be stuck.

I used to take a meter reading every month which would generate a paper bill for the gas/electricity. I also had bank statements for each of us which were set to come monthly. Then I just added a little variety with other things which came more randomly.

Yeah lesson learnt, the issue is that we moved like 3-4 times within the space of this visa so we must have lost a lot of papers during the move. I remember getting monthly bills and stuff form other companies but i cant find them. I've been dreading this visa renewal solely due to the document gathering...i need another holiday lol

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2018, 04:50:31 PM »
Yeah lesson learnt, the issue is that we moved like 3-4 times within the space of this visa so we must have lost a lot of papers during the move. I remember getting monthly bills and stuff form other companies but i cant find them. I've been dreading this visa renewal solely due to the document gathering...i need another holiday lol

Designate a box. When the mail comes, put it in the box. If you move again, take the box with you.  ;D

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »
Designate a box. When the mail comes, put it in the box. If you move again, take the box with you.  ;D

Haha we actually did that but I guess we couldn't keep up and lost some things. Btw i went to the bank today to get some correspondence and it printed out as plain text on the paper, but they stamped the papers for the past letters and the one for this month states "printed in local branch".

That should be good enough as proof right?

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2018, 05:22:04 PM »
Haha we actually did that but I guess we couldn't keep up and lost some things. Btw i went to the bank today to get some correspondence and it printed out as plain text on the paper, but they stamped the papers for the past letters and the one for this month states "printed in local branch".

That should be good enough as proof right?

For the correspondence evidence, it should have come to you through the post. That's the point.
For your financial evidence, if the statements are not original, then the bank stamp on every page is accepted.

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »
For the correspondence evidence, it should have come to you through the post. That's the point.
For your financial evidence, if the statements are not original, then the bank stamp on every page is accepted.
Damn so these papers are no good to me :-/. I thought there would be a way to print off old correspondence if you had lost them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2018, 05:28:34 PM »
Damn so these papers are no good to me :-/. I thought there would be a way to print off old correspondence if you had lost them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't throw them out yet in case you can't find anything else, they would be better than sending nothing. But no, correspondence needs to be original and sent to you through the post.

But I just looked back a few posts and in number 51, you had way, way too much correspondence. Do you not actually have the things you listed there?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:32:53 PM by larrabee »

Sponsored Links