Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship  (Read 11415 times)

• Liked: 12
Re: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2018, 09:32:09 AM »
Was just writing a reply!  :)

Thank you, is it worth calling them to get a verbal confirmation as well? No harm is doing so right? Given that my wife will have to book flights to go to the other center and possibly spend the night, wouldn't want to waste money if it's unnecessary. I found a contact number for them 800-375-5283. Also, all the 13:00 appointments seem strange  or is this quite normal? 

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »
Thank you, is it worth calling them to get a verbal confirmation as well? No harm is doing so right? Given that my wife will have to book flights to go to the other center and possibly spend the night, wouldn't want to waste money if it's unnecessary. I found a contact number for them 800-375-5283. Also, all the 13:00 appointments seem strange  or is this quite normal?

It's not like that on the mainland but it could be that's just the way they work there. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call, to put your mind at rest.

« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2018, 04:17:10 PM »
It's not like that on the mainland but it could be that's just the way they work there. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call, to put your mind at rest.

Hi,

My wife went to the USCIS center and the info on the website is correct. They are running only once a week because the building is currently under reconstruction. They have also told her that she can do her bio metrics there tomorrow as it's the last day they will be open this month. So we would like to get this done tomorrow.

We do however have a bit of a problem now.  I was waiting for my final bank statement (July) to come through which will complete our set of documents. The bank has sent me an original statement but they haven't stamped it. Just to reiterate, this is is an original statement. Does it need to be stamped? I know this is not a requirement but all other statements that I have sent are also original and stamped. Would it look odd if 7 statements are stamped and the last one isn't? I called the bank up and they said it was a mistake and it should have been stamped so they're now re sending stamped ones. But I think it will be fine if I send this to my wife. It is quite clearly an original and even the paper feels different to normal printed paper (slightly heavier).  Just worried that it may look odd. I have put in my letter of introduction that I am sending 6 months of stamped and certified statement, so perhaps I ought to change this to Stamped and certified if applicable?

Also, my wife just tried to purchase the VFS round trip courier , however, they only offer that service to mainland US and Puerto Rico. She needs one for the US Virgin Islands. So the best thing for us is to send it off by making our own UPS labels and perhaps create a return label ourselves? Will this work? We know that UPS ships from UK to USVI as I have been shipping her documents with no problems. So we should be able to create a return label from the Sheffield address to her address in the Virgin Islands? The other option as someone mentioned I think is to create an account and send UKVI the accoutn details. How does that work in terms of them billing us?

Another option for us is, if my wife is allowed to have the documents sent to any address then she has friends in New York and Puerto Rico . Will this work? She gets only a return courier to a friends address and then the friend can mail the stuff to her?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:39:40 PM by mk191192 »

« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2018, 04:28:15 PM »
Correct.  They wouldn't be "invalid" if included though.  Just not necessary.

Hi,

Any advice on the post above? :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:41:15 PM by mk191192 »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2018, 04:45:18 PM »
I was waiting for my final bank statement (July) to come through which will complete our set of documents. The bank has sent me an original statement but they haven't stamped it. Just to reiterate, this is is an original statement. Does it need to be stamped? I know this is not a requirement but all other statements that I have sent are also original and stamped. Would it look odd if 7 statements are stamped and the last one isn't?

No, it does not need to be stamped. The key is in the word 'original'. It would only need to be stamped if you had printed it yourself at home.

And, no, it will not look odd.

I called the bank up and they said it was a mistake and it should have been stamped so they're now re sending stamped ones.

They do NOT need to send new ones, as the ones mailed in the post should NOT be stamped.

But I think it will be fine if I send this to my wife. It is quite clearly an original and even the paper feels different to normal printed paper (slightly heavier).  Just worried that it may look odd. I have put in my letter of introduction that I am sending 6 months of stamped and certified statement, so perhaps I ought to change this to Stamped and certified if applicable?

Just send the one you already have. You can amend the letter if you like.

Also, my wife just tried to purchase the VFS round trip courier , however, they only offer that service to mainland US and Puerto Rico. She needs one for the US Virgin Islands. So the best thing for us is to send it off by making our own UPS labels and perhaps create a return label ourselves? Will this work? We know that UPS ships from UK to USVI as I have been shipping her documents with no problems. So we should be able to create a return label from the Sheffield address to her address in the Virgin Islands? The other option as someone mentioned I think is to create an account and send UKVI the accoutn details. How does that work in terms of them billing us?

You cannot create your own UPS return label, as this is not possible for international packages.

Instead, you will need to set up a UPS online account and include your account number with the documents. Your online account will then be billed when Sheffield create the return label.

« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2018, 04:55:50 PM »
No, it does not need to be stamped. The key is in the word 'original'. It would only need to be stamped if you had printed it yourself at home.

And, no, it will not look odd.

They do NOT need to send new ones, as the ones mailed in the post should NOT be stamped.

Just send the one you already have. You can amend the letter if you like.

You cannot create your own UPS return label, as this is not possible for international packages.

Instead, you will need to set up a UPS online account and include your account number with the documents. Your online account will then be billed when Sheffield create the return label.

Thanks for the prompt response. We are in a bit of rush because potentially we can get the bio metrics done tomorrow but would rather not risk it for the sake of another week. I have done a bit of digging around and yeah looks like UPS doesn't let you create pre-paid return labels so the friend option would not work.

So I guess , we will create an outbound label to Sheffield and post the documents. My wife will make a UPS account at the same time. She will then write the account details on a document titled UPS Account details and the put this on the top of her pile , after the priority receipt.  This should allow Sheffield to charge us and then return the documents. Seems like the only option. Is this correct?

For bank statements, I will just send original 7 stamped ones and the 1 original un-stamped one.  Can't go back and un-stamp the stamped ones. I know it was over the top but too late now I suppose.

Also, do we need to provide an envelope to Sheffield for the return documents?

Thank you again. Just as we get ready to send it, keep hitting roadblocks. So frustrating !

« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2018, 05:01:04 PM »
So I guess , we will create an outbound label to Sheffield and post the documents. My wife will make a UPS account at the same time. She will then write the account details on a document titled UPS Account details and the put this on the top of her pile , after the priority receipt.  This should allow Sheffield to charge us and then return the documents. Seems like the only option. Is this correct?

Yep, that sounds good :). She may find that UKVI contacts her to say they have no return shipping details - this has happened a few times when people have included their online account details, but they should tell her what to do if this does happen.

For bank statements, I will just send original 7 stamped ones and the 1 original un-stamped one.  Can't go back and un-stamp the stamped ones. I know it was over the top but too late now I suppose.

There's no harm in them being stamped, but the guidance states it is only necessary if the statements are printed from electronic banking... because they could have been forged or tampered with by you before being printed.

Also, do we need to provide an envelope to Sheffield for the return documents?

Nope :). Sheffield will sort out the return packaging.

« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2018, 05:08:11 PM »
Yep, that sounds good :). She may find that UKVI contacts her to say they have no return shipping details - this has happened a few times when people have included their online account details, but they should tell her what to do if this does happen.

There's no harm in them being stamped, but the guidance states it is only necessary if the statements are printed from electronic banking... because they could have been forged or tampered with by you before being printed.

Nope :). Sheffield will sort out the return packaging.

Excellent, thank you so much :) Yes I have seen many posts on here with people mentioning that Sheffield haven't received any shipping details. This is what I am worried about. Also because my wife doesn't live in mainland US, it is a bit of a hassle.

For the 5 day documentation shipping limit, is it within 5 working days? Also, say if the documents were delayed by one day , how would they know? Say if my wife gets the bio metrics done tomorrow, she has until 03/08 to ship the documents? Or is it 03/08 for the documents to be received by Sheffield.

« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2018, 05:12:55 PM »
Excellent, thank you so much :) Yes I have seen many posts on here with people mentioning that Sheffield haven't received any shipping details. This is what I am worried about. Also because my wife doesn't live in mainland US, it is a bit of a hassle.

Yeah, though if there are any issues with it, she may just be able to reply to the email with her online account details and explain that she cannot purchase VFS labels due to being on the US Virgin Islands.

For the 5 day documentation shipping limit, is it within 5 working days? Also, say if the documents were delayed by one day , how would they know? Say if my wife gets the bio metrics done tomorrow, she has until 03/08 to ship the documents? Or is it 03/08 for the documents to be received by Sheffield.

It's 5 calendar days. But she only has to POST them by then... they do not need to be received by Sheffield within 5 days.

So, if she does biometrics tomorrow, Friday 27th July, she will have until Wednesday August 1st to put the documents in the mail.

See here for more information about applying from the US:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2018, 05:34:02 PM »
Yeah, though if there are any issues with it, she may just be able to reply to the email with her online account details and explain that she cannot purchase VFS labels due to being on the US Virgin Islands.

It's 5 calendar days. But she only has to POST them by then... they do not need to be received by Sheffield within 5 days.

So, if she does biometrics tomorrow, Friday 27th July, she will have until Wednesday August 1st to put the documents in the mail.

See here for more information about applying from the US:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

So say close of business on that Wednesday . I am sending her my last bank statement today via UPS . This should get to her by Tuesday , Wednesday at the very latest . Is this stupid given the tight timelines ? Absolute worst case scenario , there causes a one day delay in her posting the documents so 6 days . Trying to weigh up the risks against the benefits .

Risk being documents delayed by a day and Sheffield could refuse to accept the application ? Right ? Although I haven’t read anywhere that this has been a reason for rejection before .

Benefit being our application is accelerated by 7 days and it saves the hassle of my wife flying to another island to do her bio metrics .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2018, 05:42:24 PM »
So say close of business on that Wednesday . I am sending her my last bank statement today via UPS . This should get to her by Tuesday , Wednesday at the very latest . Is this stupid given the tight timelines ? Absolute worst case scenario , there causes a one day delay in her posting the documents so 6 days . Trying to weigh up the risks against the benefits .

To be honest, some people haven't known about the 5-day deadline and have even sent the documents up to a month after the biometrics! Their visas were processed with no issues at all, so, I think you'll be fine.

One other option would be for her to send her documents to you by UPS after biometrics and then you add the bank statement to the package in the UK and forward it on to Sheffield for her.

Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2018, 05:44:46 PM »
To be honest, some people haven't known about the 5-day deadline and have even sent the documents up to a month after the biometrics! Their visas were processed with no issues at all, so, I think you'll be fine.

One other option would be for her to send her documents to you by UPS after biometrics and then you add the bank statement to the package in the UK and forward it on to Sheffield for her.

I have just been on the phone to my wife and she has made a very valid point . You can buy the return courier from VFS for $155. Can she not just buy that courier and have the return address of her friend down who lives in New York . UKVI will be able to ship to NY as it’s in mainland states . Her friend can then send the documents back to her/ Does this not work ?

Looks like she will be going to the biometrics tomorrow and then shipping the documents to me which I will then ship to Sheffield once I have added my bank statement . Although I have already purchased a shipping label so I guess that will be a waste !

Also if it’s okay for me to send her application to Sheffield then what’s stopping Sheffield from returning the documents to me and then I send them to my wife . Or will they not do that ?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 06:13:12 PM by mk191192 »

« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2018, 06:44:34 PM »

I have just been on the phone to my wife and she has made a very valid point . You can buy the return courier from VFS for $155. Can she not just buy that courier and have the return address of her friend down who lives in New York . UKVI will be able to ship to NY as it’s in mainland states . Her friend can then send the documents back to her/ Does this not work ?

That may work (if she's happy to entrust her friend with her passport/visa and important documents). Someone is supposed to be home to sign for the package, though it seems like UPS often just leave it on the doorstep!

Looks like she will be going to the biometrics tomorrow and then shipping the documents to me which I will then ship to Sheffield once I have added my bank statement . Although I have already purchased a shipping label so I guess that will be a waste !

Ah, yes, if you've already bought the shipping label, it might be better to send the bank statement to her.

Also if it’s okay for me to send her application to Sheffield then what’s stopping Sheffield from returning the documents to me and then I send them to my wife . Or will they not do that ?

As it's an application made from outside the UK, they will only return the passport and documents to a US address. They WILL NOT return a passport/visa to a UK address, because she is not allowed to apply from inside the UK.

« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »
That may work (if she's happy to entrust her friend with her passport/visa and important documents). Someone is supposed to be home to sign for the package, though it seems like UPS often just leave it on the doorstep!

Ah, yes, if you've already bought the shipping label, it might be better to send the bank statement to her.

As it's an application made from outside the UK, they will only return the passport and documents to a US address. They WILL NOT return a passport/visa to a UK address, because she is not allowed to apply from inside the UK.

Oh yes , we are more than happy for that ! It’s her best friend and she’s quite trustworthy . More trustworthy than Sheffield sending the docs back to her . It seems less hassle that way then giving them account number etc . As long as Sheffield don’t have a problem with sending it to a different address to her listed home address .

Yeah , I guess if they allowed that then everyone would do the same thing ! Would defeat the point .

Okay that’s pretty much all of our worries ..... for now . Hopefully it will be in the post by next Wednesday . I am sure the stress will only increase after that

« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »

My wife is going for her biometrics later today so I was just doing some final checks for her when I spotted this

Shouldn’t this say the Sheffield UKVI office , rather than the British consulate in NY ?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:40:33 AM by mk191192 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab