Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship  (Read 11410 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2018, 10:42:47 AM »
My wife is going for her biometrics later today so I was just doing some final checks for her when I spotted this

Shouldn’t this say the Sheffield office , rather than New York consulate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's correct.

It's weird... the visa will actually be processed in Sheffield, but the official visa issuing hub for US applications is New York City... so it still says New York, even though your documents will go to Sheffield. As long as it says Settlement for the visa type, it's fine.

It used to be that ALL US applications were processed in New York, but in 2013, they moved Settlement visas only to Sheffield and kept the rest in New York.. So, if you're applying for a Settlement visa, it's processed in Sheffield, but if you're applying for a visitor, work or student visa, it's processed in New York.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
No, it's correct.

It's weird... the visa will actually be processed in Sheffield, but the official visa issuing hub for US applications is New York City... so it still says New York, even though your documents will go to Sheffield. As long as it says Settlement for the visa type, it's fine.

It used to be that ALL US applications were processed in New York, but in 2013, they moved Settlement visas only to Sheffield and kept the rest in New York.. So, if you're applying for a Settlement visa, it's processed in Sheffield, but if you're applying for a visitor, work or student visa, it's processed in New York.

So my wife completed her bio metrics yesterday.  Glad we checked the USCIS website, otherwise she would have missed her appointment next week as it wouldn't have been open ! What happens in this scenario? If someones misses their bio metrics ? Does that mean that the application is automatically refused? Just curious.

On a separate note, I have asked my wife to create a pre paid UPS label to ship her documents to Sheffield. She said she would rather go into the UPS store and post it that way. I guess it makes no difference either way? I have read somewhere that when you get the delivery options, do not opt for a signature confirmation. Is this correct? We will be posting the docs to the following address:

Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX

I have also sent her my final bank statement via UPS. I tracked it today and the delivery dates changed from 31/07/18 to  02/08/18. This means that we won't be able to send the documents until Friday afternoon which will mean 2 days over the 5 day limit shown on the website. That's strange . Although I am hoping that it gets there by Wednesday. Similar thing happened last time I sent my documents but it arrived 1 day before the expected delivery date.
The lady at my wife's bio metrics also told her that she has 10 days to submit her documents. Obviously, we know that this is not the case. You would have thought they wouldn't give such contradicting information, but I guess this is why they're not strict about the 5 day posting deadline.

Final question, we are still thinking that the best option to get documents return is to send a VFS return courier but with my wife's friend address. Her friend is okay with it. The only problem is we will be putting her friends work address and her name on the return courier. I am not sure if Sheffield will post the documents back to that address especially if the name is different to the applicant.Any advice on this? Or does anyone have experience regarding this?

Thank you  :)

« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2018, 12:38:08 PM »
Oh crap, I have just tried to create a shipment to check how much it will be. It is not recognizing the Sheffield postcode. When I went on UPS FAQ's, I saw that it says UPS does not deliver to PO boxes. How does this work then?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »
Oh crap, I have just tried to create a shipment to check how much it will be. It is not recognizing the Sheffield postcode. When I went on UPS FAQ's, I saw that it says UPS does not deliver to PO boxes. How does this work then?

Hmm, it worked using the Sheffield postcode when I looked up how much it cost the other day.

The package shouldn't be going to a PO Box though.

This is the address it needs to go to:
International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2018, 12:59:06 PM »
Hmm, it worked using the Sheffield postcode when I looked up how much it cost the other day.

6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

Ok so there seems to be contradicting information. On VFS it tells you to post it to the PO box address. However, I have checked with my wife now, and she has been given the address you have mentioned above. That was in the email she received. That's a relief !

What about the other stuff I posted above?  ???

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »

Final question, we are still thinking that the best option to get documents return is to send a VFS return courier but with my wife's friend address. Her friend is okay with it. The only problem is we will be putting her friends work address and her name on the return courier. I am not sure if Sheffield will post the documents back to that address especially if the name is different to the applicant.Any advice on this? Or does anyone have experience regarding this?

Thank you  :)

I would not try to have the package sent to the friend's work address, far too much chance of you never seeing it again.

« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2018, 01:09:09 PM »
I would not try to have the package sent to the friend's work address, far too much chance of you never seeing it again.

Not worth the risk then ? In that case , we will just open a UPS account and give them the details . Hopefully they will be able to work it out as I know that they have struggled with it in the past . Is it just the account number they need ? I don’t know how it works but assuming they will just invoice against the account number given it’s valid . And then we just pay the bill ?

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2018, 01:12:35 PM »

Not worth the risk then ? In that case , we will just open a UPS account and give them the details . Hopefully they will be able to work it out as I know that they have struggled with it in the past . Is it just the account number they need ? I don’t know how it works but assuming they will just invoice against the account number given it’s valid . And then we just pay the bill ?

Yes, that's what happens.

« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2018, 09:30:09 AM »
Yes, that's what happens.

We will be sending off our documents tomorrow to UKVI. One final check for order of documents:

•   Priority Receipt
•   Biometric Receipt Confirmation
•   Online application Forms with extended list of countries visited
•   Appendix 2 (cat 3A)
•   Visa Fee Receipt
•   IHS Receipt
•   Return Shipping Account information

Applicant Information:

•   Letter of Introduction
•   Current passport and 2 copies (please return passport)
•   Biometric card for Tier 2 visa
•   Extended marriage certificate and 1 copy (please return original)
•   Divorce Decree and 1 copy (please return original)
•   2 passport sized photos

Sponsor Information:

•   Letter of Introduction
•   Copy of Passport – Certified
•   2 passport sized photos

Financial

•   Company Letter detailing length, type of employment and salary
•   6 months of Pay Slips – Certified
•   6 months Bank Statements – Certified where applicable
•   P60 – Certified
•   Original job offer and contract

Proof of Accommodation:

•   Accommodation Details and Tenancy agreement
•   Non objection letter from landlord

Proof of Relationship

•   WhatsApp messages
•   Photographs of relationship including wedding
•   Train tickets throughout relationship
•   Flight confirmation emails
•   Joint bank account details

« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »

6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

Hi,

We will be shipping our documents tomorrow. We are struggling to find UPS account details at the moment. I have an online account with UPS but I can't find an account number. I called UPS up and asked them about it but they're useless. The lady told me that it is my online user ID which it clearly isn't, as the account number needs to be 6 digits. My wife doesn't have a UPS account so I have asked to make one online. Where will we find the account number?  Don't know if it really is this difficult or am I being stupid?  :-\\\\

« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2018, 10:38:15 AM »
Hi,

We will be shipping our documents tomorrow. We are struggling to find UPS account details at the moment. I have an online account with UPS but I can't find an account number. I called UPS up and asked them about it but they're useless. The lady told me that it is my online user ID which it clearly isn't, as the account number needs to be 6 digits. My wife doesn't have a UPS account so I have asked to make one online. Where will we find the account number?  Don't know if it really is this difficult or am I being stupid?  :-\\\\

I would try calling back until you find someone who understands you. Most people have reported UPS being very helpful in that situation.

« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »
I would try calling back until you find someone who understands you. Most people have reported UPS being very helpful in that situation.

I will try again. I have not had a good experience with their customer services team so far.

Time is running out for us as we have to post the stuff tomorrow (last day of 5 day limit ). If we don’t include return shipping details , I guess UKVI will contact us and ask for them so worst case scenario we can still post the application tomorrow and then we have 6 weeks to sort this out ? Thanks

« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »
I will try again. I have not had a good experience with their customer services team so far.

Time is running out for us as we have to post the stuff tomorrow (last day of 5 day limit ). If we don’t include return shipping details , I guess UKVI will contact us and ask for them so worst case scenario we can still post the application tomorrow and then we have 6 weeks to sort this out ? Thanks

I would sort it before you send your package. If you have to wait for them to request your shipping details, it could delay your application by a lot longer than a bit of extra time spent now. And although they give a deadline, some people send their package a long time after and we have never seen anyone refused for that yet!
Good luck!

« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2018, 05:40:18 PM »
I would sort it before you send your package. If you have to wait for them to request your shipping details, it could delay your application by a lot longer than a bit of extra time spent now. And although they give a deadline, some people send their package a long time after and we have never seen anyone refused for that yet!
Good luck!

Hi there ,

It turns out we won’t be able to use UPS for return shipping as making an account seems quite complex and also due to the destruction caused by the hurricanes in the US Virgin Islands , UPS are running limited services .

However , my wife’s employer has a DHL business account , she can get the account details off her boss and get UKVI to charge her company . She will then reimburse the company . Her boss is happy for her to do that . Will this be okay ?

Thanks ! Never knew that shipping would be he hardest part of the process .

« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »

6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

Is this okay ?

I guess my wife could have done it in slightly bigger writing but its legible .

We are using DHL to send the documents to Sheffield and also for the return package. My wife will put her company business account details on there . That should be okay right ?

Sponsored Links