Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance or Spouse Visa - Our journey to marriage  (Read 8575 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Fiance or Spouse Visa - Our journey to marriage
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »
Also, not discounting your credibility, but does it say anywhere that the old link is now dead and shouldn't be used?

https://mycart.vfsglobal.co.uk/usashoppingcart/pages/authorization.aspx

No idea - until you posted the link, I thought the old site had been completely deleted and replaced by the other one. I didn’t even know it existed anymore... and I suspect they aren’t supposed to be giving out that link but that no one has updated the biometrics info sheet yet.

It looks like the only way to get to it is if you are given the link directly though. However, if you go to that link and then try to click to a different part of the site, it directs you to the new site instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 49
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2018, 07:21:17 PM »
No idea - until you posted the link, I thought the old site had been completely deleted and replaced by the other one. I didn’t even know it existed anymore... and I suspect they aren’t supposed to be giving out that link but that no one has updated the biometrics info sheet yet.

It looks like the only way to get to it is if you are given the link directly though. However, if you go to that link and then try to click to a different part of the site, it directs you to the new site instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I noticed the re-directs as well. Yeah an the biometrics sheet is where we got that link from.
Visa Type: Spouse Visa
Priority Service: Yes
Online app submitted: 8th Nov 2018
Biometrics & docs sent: 13th Nov 2018
Application delivered in NY: 14th Nov 2018
Application received email from Sheffield: 18th Nov 2018
Request for "documents": 13th Dec 2018
Decision made email: 18th Dec 2018
Passport received: 22nd Dec 2018 (APPROVED!)

« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2018, 03:30:07 PM »
Other thoughts re: this whole "upload documents" scenario.

So if the old link (https://mycart.vfsglobal.co.uk/usashoppingcart/pages/authorization.aspx) Is still active and was on her biometrics form:

1. Use that to buy the priority, since all it is, is a printed receipt. It is still marked as the same cost there and on the new VFS website.
2. Buy the return courier from UPS directly, since the old link does not allow us to send parcels more than 5lbs. With the details to ship to the now New York office.

Thoughts?

« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »
1. Use that to buy the priority, since all it is, is a printed receipt. It is still marked as the same cost there and on the new VFS website.
2. Buy the return courier from UPS directly, since the old link does not allow us to send parcels more than 5lbs. With the details to ship to the now New York office.

Thoughts?

You can try it. My only concern is the risk that the priority service issued by the old site may be different to the one on the new site... which could mean it may not be issued correctly, or it may be rejected by Sheffield.

Bear in mind that no courier service offered by VFS Global allows parcels heavier than 5lbs, whether on the old or new site... and if your package weighs more than 5 lbs, then you have too much stuff and should take some out.

A spousal visa application should not weigh more than 2-3 lbs in total or be more than 1-2 inches thick.

« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »
You can try it. My only concern is the risk that the priority service issued by the old site may be different to the one on the new site... which could mean it may not be issued correctly, or it may be rejected by Sheffield.

Bear in mind that no courier service offered by VFS Global allows parcels heavier than 5lbs, whether on the old or new site... and if your package weighs more than 5 lbs, then you have too much stuff and should take some out.

A spousal visa application should not weigh more than 2-3 lbs in total or be more than 1-2 inches thick.

Yeah I know, thats the fear.
Sorry, my mistake, it should have been the "up to 5lbs" option. I think currently we are at 3lbs with everything including packaging.

« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »
Just to clarify, the Return shipping label at $70 or $140 is literally just an electronic shippment label pre-filled with the New york address, as well as y spouse's return address?

Theres nothing special or unique about it? If we went to UPS there wouldn't be any difference?

« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »
Just to update folks and whoever may read this thread in passing (I will communicate some this in the priority thread)

So yesterday my spouse sent everything off! Heres a short re-cap:

1. Biometrics, was very short and sweet. So those who have that ahead, its a 10 minute appointment.
2. The confirmation sheet she got back, interestingly stated that she should send copies. Again, notice the should. We obviously planned for originals to be sent, which we did anyway. Not taking the risk.
3. The VFS service address was for New York and had the correct address. I know someone on here noticed, they shipped it to the wrong Suite number. That may have been a user error.
4. The effective notice at the bottom was marked as: 10 September 2018
5. The link on the form telling her how to ship the documents was this one: https://mycart.vfsglobal.co.uk/usashoppingcart/pages/authorization.aspx
6. We did go with this instead of the new 'register'/login' on VFS, because it felt safer and quicker to get the priority receipt and return courier, rather than uploading a bunch of 'Mailed in documents' or to be extra safe, actually uploading all those documents.

So it is currently shipped and actually scheduled to arrive later today, whether that is US or UK time, not sure. But we are underway! I/will still active as we can and I am sure we appreciate having communication with people in the same timeline and headaches :)

• It's never too late to live happily ever after
  • Liked: 219
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »
Just to update folks and whoever may read this thread in passing (I will communicate some this in the priority thread)

So yesterday my spouse sent everything off! Heres a short re-cap:

1. Biometrics, was very short and sweet. So those who have that ahead, its a 10 minute appointment.
2. The confirmation sheet she got back, interestingly stated that she should send copies. Again, notice the should. We obviously planned for originals to be sent, which we did anyway. Not taking the risk.
3. The VFS service address was for New York and had the correct address. I know someone on here noticed, they shipped it to the wrong Suite number. That may have been a user error.
4. The effective notice at the bottom was marked as: 10 September 2018
5. The link on the form telling her how to ship the documents was this one: https://mycart.vfsglobal.co.uk/usashoppingcart/pages/authorization.aspx
6. We did go with this instead of the new 'register'/login' on VFS, because it felt safer and quicker to get the priority receipt and return courier, rather than uploading a bunch of 'Mailed in documents' or to be extra safe, actually uploading all those documents.

So it is currently shipped and actually scheduled to arrive later today, whether that is US or UK time, not sure. But we are underway! I/will still active as we can and I am sure we appreciate having communication with people in the same timeline and headaches :)
Good Vibes to y'all  :)   Yay  :)
Found My Soulmate 12/2017
Engaged : 6/15/2018
Married : 10/28/2018
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 11/19/2018
Biometrics appointment : 11/23/2018
Docs sent to NY : 11/23/2018
Doc received in NY : 11/26/2018
Docs received in Sheffield email :12/21/2018
Email requesting proof of Priority Service : 1/26/2019
Email stating "technical issue which is delaying this application : 1/30/2019
Email requesting bank statements to be re-sent : 2/14/2019
2nd Email requesting bank statements: 3/4/19
Decision made email: 3/6/19
Visa : YESS 3/7/19 (70BD)

« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2018, 04:05:56 PM »
Good Vibes to y'all  :)   Yay  :)

Thank you!  :)

« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »
Ugghhh folks! We have just got the same e-mail as everyone so far with missing scanned documents:

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. Due to a technical error whilst scanning your documents we are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Please provide the following documents:

- Sponsors bank statements covering the 6 month period immediately prior to your application date. These must be full bank statements showing your sponsors salary deposited.
- Sponsors payslips covering the 6 month period immediately prior to your application date.
- Sponsors employment letter confirming position, type of employment, length of employment and annual gross salary.
- Marriage certificate.
- Evidence of accommodation arrangements in the UK.
- Evidence of relationship i.e photographs of you and your sponsor.
- Sponsors passport biodata page.

So!

1. The bank statements - so I got these digitally downloaded and stamped. Do I need go and do this again? Also @ksand24 with the issue of my statements as stated previously in regards to started on the 11th of every month, is that causing an issue here? I can now get an October statement that looks identical to the others, as mentioned before I had to go get a statement from Nationwide.
2. The payslips - thats okay.
3. Sponsor letter - My spouse has a photo copy of that, is that okay to send?
3. Accommodation arrangements - those are photocopies as well, is that okay?
4. Evidence of relationship - we can get those just as direct uploads of the images and of the facebook messages
5. I can scan that - but do I need to go and get it authorised?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:00:08 PM by adamb1026 »

« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2019, 02:47:12 PM »
So my lovely lady has got her flights booked and will be arriving in a few weeks in Belfast!

In preparation of her arrival and to get us on a good stead with the next application in 2.5 years, I have a few questions:

1. I know a provisional driving license is a good start to getting a letter chain going, but is there anything else thats quick to get it going?
2. We will be living temporarily at the address I provided until we move around Feb/March time, so we will have 2, if not more addresses when we eventually reply. I assume this isn't an issue?
3. In terms of the documents you need to provided in 2.5 years time, what are those? Rental agreement, utility bills, bank statements? (both from each of our accounts or a joint account?)
4. I am considering a change in careers in the near future to self-employed. I assume the same approval of income needs to apply only under the 'self-employed' heading'? Or can we now use our joint income to apply for the new visa? fyi she may also work as self-employed.

Thanks guys :)

« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »
So my lovely lady has got her flights booked and will be arriving in a few weeks in Belfast!

Awesome :).

1. Best thing to do is to get her added to as many bills as you can, to get post in her name. She'll need proof of address in order to open a bank account and register with a GP

2. Nope, not an issue at all - you just need to be able to show that you have lived at the same address as each other, for the previous 2 years before applying for FLR(M), so you can have as many addresses as you like in that time, as long as you can show you were both living at the same address

3. For FLR(M) in 2.5 years, you still need all the same documents as for the spousal visa (finances, accommodation and relationship), but for the relationship requirement, you provide 6 items of mail in each name, from at least 3 different official sources, spread evenly over the last 2 years (so 1 every 4 months). These can be either jointly addressed or separately addressed (so either 6 joint, 12 separate (6 each) or a combination of both). If they're separately addressed for a particular 4-month period, you want them dated as close to each other as possible (i.e. 1 each from January, 1 each from May etc.)

4. Ah, self-employed income is REALLY tricky to show for the visa, and requires about 14 different documents (compared to just 3 documents for salaried employment). If you can avoid using self-employment income for the next visa, I would. It should be a last resort category, because it's the most complicated and most difficult to get right.

If you are self-employed, you can only use income from the most recent full financial year towards the visa requirements. For example, if you are applying for your next visa in July 2021, and your tax year is April to April, you can only use income earned between April 6th 2020 and April 5th 2021 (Category F) or between April 6th 2019 and April 5th 2021 (for Category F), and you must show documents covering the entire tax year. So, if you became self-employed partway through the most recent financial year, you would not be able to use any of that income towards the requirements.

You can combine your joint incomes to meet the requirement, but if she is also self-employed that makes things even more complicated, as you will only be able to use the same tax year as each other, and it would mean providing 14 self-employment documents each. If one of you is in salaried employment, then you can only use their income that was earned during the same tax year as you are providing for the self-employment income (so only between April and April)

If even one of those 14 documents is missing or not quite in the right format, or you are not covering a complete tax year,  or if you changed your self-employment status partway through that financial year (i.e. went from sole trader to director of a limited company), the visa will be refused. We see more refusals using self-employment income than for any other category.

If one of you is in salaried employment and is earning more than £18,600 on their own, then you will want to use their income only and not even mention any self-employment income.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:49:27 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 29
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2019, 05:54:36 PM »
Aw dude!!!

This is amazing! My wife will be so happy to hear about this we where chatting about it over Christmas! What a great gift!!!!!!!!!!!!
Online app submitted: 14th Feb 2019
Biometrics & docs sent: 20th Feb 2019 (Resent 28/02/19)
Application delivered in NY: (Originally Refused) Accepted 01st March 2019
Application received email from Sheffield: March 4th 2019
Decision made email: 22/03/19
Passport received:(YES!!! 27/03/18)

By endurance we conquer

« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply @ksand24 just a few follow up ones :)

1. Best thing to do is to get her added to as many bills as you can, to get post in her name. She'll need proof of address in order to open a bank account and register with a GP

Great. If say I got her added to my internet provider, as Mr and Mrs would that be okay or does it just need to state her name as the sole account provider?

2. Nope, not an issue at all - you just need to be able to show that you have lived at the same address as each other, for the previous 2 years before applying for FLR(M), so you can have as many addresses as you like in that time, as long as you can show you were both living at the same address

Awesome

3. For FLR(M) in 2.5 years, you still need all the same documents as for the spousal visa (finances, accommodation and relationship), but for the relationship requirement, you provide 6 items of mail in each name, from at least 3 different official sources, spread evenly over the last 2 years (so 1 every 4 months). These can be either jointly addressed or separately addressed (so either 6 joint, 12 separate (6 each) or a combination of both). If they're separately addressed for a particular 4-month period, you want them dated as close to each other as possible (i.e. 1 each from January, 1 each from May etc.)

Okay great and what are described as official sources? Bank, electricity and internet provider?

4. Ah, self-employed income is REALLY tricky to show for the visa, and requires about 14 different documents (compared to just 3 documents for salaried employment). If you can avoid using self-employment income for the next visa, I would. It should be a last resort category, because it's the most complicated and most difficult to get right.

Good to know thank you and the risks that it has. It is something I may do for a year and return to full time employment or part-time. If part time were the case, (say 20 hours a week contract) and then other work as freelance, is that mudding the waters more or rather more of a headache in terms of proof?

« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2019, 03:08:15 PM »
Great. If say I got her added to my internet provider, as Mr and Mrs would that be okay or does it just need to state her name as the sole account provider?

Actually, I'm not sure. I assume it would be okay, because it would be dated after your wedding, and you would have proof that you are married to her. Ideally, it would have an initial or a first name, but if not, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Okay great and what are described as official sources? Bank, electricity and internet provider?

The examples that were given on the old paper form were:

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

Good to know thank you and the risks that it has. It is something I may do for a year and return to full time employment or part-time. If part time were the case, (say 20 hours a week contract) and then other work as freelance, is that mudding the waters more or rather more of a headache in terms of proof?

Yeah, that could be complicated, because the freelance income will restrict how you can use the part-time income.

If you were able to use just the part-time income, and combine it with your wife's salaried income (so no self-employment income was used), it would be fine, but if you have to combine the part-time income with self-employment income then it gets difficult.

For regular employment income, you only need to send:
1) 6 or 12 months of payslips and bank statements
2) employer letter

But if you're combining employment income with self-employment income, you need:
From the last full tax year:
(a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.
(b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross profit as an average of those two years):
    (i) Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out);
   (ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
(c) Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.
(d) Each partner's Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the partnership or business.
(e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).
(f) Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through the provision of at least one of the following:
- a bank statement dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application showing transactions relating to ongoing trading,
or
- evidence dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application of the renewal of a licence to trade or of ongoing payment of business rates, business-related insurance premiums, employer National Insurance contributions or franchise payments to the parent company.
(h) One of the following documents must also be submitted:
     (i)
       (aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for the last full financial year; or
       (bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial
               year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised
               Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial
               Accountants;
   (ii) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year;
   (iii) Evidence to show appropriate planning permission or local planning authority consent is held to operate the type/class of business at the trading address (where this is a local authority requirement);
or
   (iv) A franchise agreement signed by both parties.
(i) The document referred to in paragraph 7(h)(iv) must be provided if the organisation is a franchise.

And as well as all of that, for the part-time income you will also need, from the same 12 months of the last full financial year:
- 12 months of payslips and bank statements
- employer letter

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab