Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Davis Resigns  (Read 3740 times)

• Liked: 1893
Re: Davis Resigns
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »
The Russians didn’t come along as a topic till he was well into billionaire status. Don’t get me wrong, I think he keeps his finances quiet like Michael Dell & others, and I think he far over inflated his wealth based on the intellectual property value of his brand name, but he objectively started off with a couple hundred million and has incontrovertibly turned that into well beyond a billion without needing to take money from the Russians. The tax returns that are out, and a great deal of financial information that’s public record makes that quite clear.

Again, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s especially good at business versus just lucky and able to throw his weight around. And it doesn’t mean he didn’t pay bribes to unions to get projects done in NYC or similar crimes that are pretty much the standard necessity of doing business for developers in a lot of places.

This seems to be the story on nominations: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/mar/16/donald-trump/why-trump-appointments-have-lagged-behind-other-pr/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny, I had copied that link to support my argument but forgot to past it in.  It basically supports exactly what I said, there's lots of reasons and possible areas of blame on both sides, but NOTHING that supports your claim of "just on the point of being obstructionist" . 

Same thing with the question of Trump's business success.  Nobody has any idea how much money Trump has because he's both a liar and refuses to release most of his tax records.  So for you to say "But overall objectively he has pretty well turned about 200m into probable 1.5-2b. It’s just a silly denial of math to think he hasn’t been wildly successful. "  is not supported by any evidence.   I guess it's all in the way you just slide it in there, hoping we'll accept your "truths" if you say them with enough authority. 

• Liked: 6
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 12:38:48 AM »
That's funny, I had copied that link to support my argument but forgot to past it in.  It basically supports exactly what I said, there's lots of reasons and possible areas of blame on both sides, but NOTHING that supports your claim of "just on the point of being obstructionist" . 

Same thing with the question of Trump's business success.  Nobody has any idea how much money Trump has because he's both a liar and refuses to release most of his tax records.  So for you to say "But overall objectively he has pretty well turned about 200m into probable 1.5-2b. It’s just a silly denial of math to think he hasn’t been wildly successful. "  is not supported by any evidence.   I guess it's all in the way you just slide it in there, hoping we'll accept your "truths" if you say them with enough authority.
Democrats changed the rule to force through Obama nominations, republicans put up a fight, but not that big of one. Now the roles are reversed and democrats are putting up even greater resistance. And the rules are clearly broken. That enough nuance for you?

It is still an absolutely factual statement within that situation that you can’t fill positions if the senate won’t confirm, and Democrat resistance has refused to allow a host of even non controversial positions to be confirmed. Not one word of that is inaccurate. Yes there is more to the story, but there is also more resistance from the opposition than there has ever been before.

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2018, 12:41:06 AM »
And he does have a series of tax returns out there. Just cause he didn’t release every return in his life during the election doesn’t mean there’s not a wealth of information available about his finances.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2018, 09:34:34 AM »
I like his calm demeanour.   :)

And he ooooozes sex appeal.   [smiley=smitten.gif]

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2018, 09:37:53 AM »
And he ooooozes sex appeal.   [smiley=smitten.gif]

I wouldn't go that far!  ;)

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:59 PM »
Moving faster than I expected. Trump talking about meeting with his “friend” Boris Johnson. Chequers plan dead. PM looks dead in the water, but no one has finished her off yet.

I could be wrong, but I still suspect she’ll be allowed to stay on while the brexiteers dictate the brexit they want, or at least don’t get the one they don’t want. Again, no matter what that is most of the country will be unhappy with it, and better that May take the blame so a new PM can start fresh on the other side going at trade deals.

Gonna be military conversations bolstering Gavin Williamson’s push to fill the MoD funding gap.

Take a few weeks to shake out. We’ll see then if the EU is in a mood to make meaningful concessions or wants to hold a hard line. I can’t guess at that just yet.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
We’ll see then if the EU is in a mood to make meaningful concessions or wants to hold a hard line. I can’t guess at that just yet.

I think they have been rather accommodating . It has not been easy dealing with Conservative internal political turmoil.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 08:31:24 AM »
I think they have been rather accommodating . It has not been easy dealing with Conservative internal political turmoil.
Their offers have not been accommodating at all. I do sympathize their having to deal with the chaos coming from the UK side. That’s a function of no prior agreement on what Brexit is supposed to mean, and then selecting a PM to lead the process who supported remain.

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »
Their offers have not been accommodating at all.

Well we know the rules don't we? We were in the club. We chose to leave. Correct?

I think the accommodation Brexiteers want is to have the benefits without the responsibilities.

The Union position has always been crystal clear. The Brexiteer position is still pretty much a vacuum.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2018, 03:34:59 PM »
And reading the news today, Trump has become like the drunk at the wedding....just lashing out at anyone around him. Word salad, red-faced...

And isn't it enough that he doesn't want Americans to have health care? Now he's complaining about Germans having it. He's all over the place.

• Liked: 77
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2018, 03:47:53 PM »
And reading the news today, Trump has become like the drunk at the wedding....just lashing out at anyone around him. Word salad, red-faced...

And isn't it enough that he doesn't want Americans to have health care? Now he's complaining about Germans having it. He's all over the place.
Everything you said after "and reading the news today" has 0 credibility, as the media hate President Trump and will distort everything he says. But if you want to know what actually happened, watch this...

@PrisonPlanet: Trump dressing down globalists is the best thing you'll see in ages.

THAT is what a leader does. If only the UK had someone like him at the helm..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Applied from Sin City, USA
Submitted online priority spouse visa Nov 2nd
Biometrics appointment completed Nov 6th
Package mailed to Sheffield Nov 6th
Received in Sheffield & e-mail received Nov 8th
Decision e-mail received Dec 5th
Approved or denied?    Approved!  Received Dec 7th

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 04:17:53 PM »
Yes this is it.

What is he talking about? We get gas from Russia. Is there a boycott in place he hasn't told us about?

• Liked: 1893
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2018, 04:25:02 PM »
Everything you said after "and reading the news today" has 0 credibility, as the media hate President Trump and will distort everything he says.

I think I'm starting to see the problem here.  If you discount any news that doesn't come from some crazy right wing conspiracy site, then you could end up believing anything. Even that Trump defeated the Taliban or North Korea is on it's way to denuclearization.

• Liked: 77
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »
Yes this is it.

What is he talking about? We get gas from Russia. Is there a boycott in place he hasn't told us about?
If this clip is your idea of what someone "drunk and red faced" is like, I submit to you the possibility that you've never seen someone who's either drunk nor red faced.

Let me see if I can explain.

1) NATO acts like Putin (eg, Russia) is the boogie man. They refuse to let them into NATO because omg Russia is? evil!!!

2) Then Germany runs out and make pipeline deals with them for billions of dollars.

3) And then Germany - along with most other members - refuses to pay their fair share into NATO.

4) It's called hypocrisy.

President Trump has been calling these people out on it for YEARS, long before he ran for office, and he's holding true to his word of doing it straight to their faces. It's a glorious thing to see.

Applied from Sin City, USA
Submitted online priority spouse visa Nov 2nd
Biometrics appointment completed Nov 6th
Package mailed to Sheffield Nov 6th
Received in Sheffield & e-mail received Nov 8th
Decision e-mail received Dec 5th
Approved or denied?    Approved!  Received Dec 7th

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
2) Then Germany runs out and make pipeline deals with them for billions of dollars.

How about this. It is cold in Germany in winter. They need natural gas. They buy it from Russia.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab