Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Good morning all  (Read 924 times)

• Liked: 4
Good morning all
« on: July 12, 2018, 08:41:52 AM »
I realized I posted on the Visa board yesterday and never introduced myself officially here, so here goes!

Hello! I am a British citizen, who is married to a wonderful American man. We have a son who just turn two in May and we have been married for three years (three years exactly two weeks on Wednesday)! We were married in Vegas in 2015 and lived in Iowa up until about a month ago.

Currently our situation is that our son and I are in the UK, and my husband is still in the U.S waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for his visa to arrive so that he can join us. As I'm sure you all know, it is HARD. We miss him so much, and are devastated that he is missing so much of our little one's life. A month+ is a long time in the life of a 2 year old!

I recently found this forum and LOVE it! Thank you to all of you who post such thorough and helpful advice and tips. I only wish we had found it sooner and not paid for an immigration lawyer!

Anyway, this is too long. Nice to meet you all.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Good morning all
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »
Glad you found us!  :D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »
I realized I posted on the Visa board yesterday and never introduced myself officially here, so here goes!

Hello! I am a British citizen, who is married to a wonderful American man. We have a son who just turn two in May and we have been married for three years (three years exactly two weeks on Wednesday)! We were married in Vegas in 2015 and lived in Iowa up until about a month ago.

Currently our situation is that our son and I are in the UK, and my husband is still in the U.S waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for his visa to arrive so that he can join us. As I'm sure you all know, it is HARD. We miss him so much, and are devastated that he is missing so much of our little one's life. A month+ is a long time in the life of a 2 year old!

I recently found this forum and LOVE it! Thank you to all of you who post such thorough and helpful advice and tips. I only wish we had found it sooner and not paid for an immigration lawyer!

Anyway, this is too long. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome!  I can't imagine how tough this process must be when there are kids involved.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 09:39:54 AM »
Welcome!  I can't imagine how tough this process must be when there are kids involved.

Thank you, lovely to meet you.

It's really difficult, and so hard when he asks for his Daddy. He's also at an age where I cant seem to find a way of explaining it to him in way that he can understand. He just doesn't know where Daddy has gone. I just keep saying he will be back really soon!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 09:45:48 AM »
Thank you, lovely to meet you.

It's really difficult, and so hard when he asks for his Daddy. He's also at an age where I cant seem to find a way of explaining it to him in way that he can understand. He just doesn't know where Daddy has gone. I just keep saying he will be back really soon!

Exactly, kids don't get it.  Such a shame that families are often split up during this process. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 11:15:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum! :D How'd you stumble across us? (always love hearing how people found this lovely place)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 11:23:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum! :D How'd you stumble across us? (always love hearing how people found this lovely place)

I was googling "spouse visa timelines" to see on average how much longer we might have to wait and the visa board popped up! After looking through that I started exploring the other topics and cant believe how great it is here!

I sent a link over to my husband as I think he would really benefit from some of the info to help him adjust to his new life here in the UK. But he's not really one for internet forums so he may not take a look.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
I was googling "spouse visa timelines" to see on average how much longer we might have to wait and the visa board popped up! After looking through that I started exploring the other topics and cant believe how great it is here!

I sent a link over to my husband as I think he would really benefit from some of the info to help him adjust to his new life here in the UK. But he's not really one for internet forums so he may not take a look.

hah nice!

Yeah I always think it's great to get partners involved on here as much as possible but, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to happen to often lol. I think my husband has an account on here but can't say he ever looked at it after our initial visa attempt (which actually is fine by me as it gives me some privacy that I don't really need but is nice to have).
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 11:29:19 AM »
hah nice!

Yeah I always think it's great to get partners involved on here as much as possible but, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to happen to often lol. I think my husband has an account on here but can't say he ever looked at it after our initial visa attempt (which actually is fine by me as it gives me some privacy that I don't really need but is nice to have).

I have copied some advice onto an email and sent it to him though. He is much more likely to read it that way. I especially loved the discussion that was all about great things about the UK. I sent him some things from there as he's really down in the dumps at the moment back over in Iowa without us. It helped get him a bit more excited again, and look towards the light at the end of the tunnel!

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »
I have copied some advice onto an email and sent it to him though. He is much more likely to read it that way. I especially loved the discussion that was all about great things about the UK. I sent him some things from there as he's really down in the dumps at the moment back over in Iowa without us. It helped get him a bit more excited again, and look towards the light at the end of the tunnel!

You should also check out the "things to do while you wait" thread if you haven't already :) Might help a bit!

Fingers crossed for a speedy approval for you
My, how time flies....

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 11:48:02 AM »
You should also check out the "things to do while you wait" thread if you haven't already :) Might help a bit!

Fingers crossed for a speedy approval for you

Fantastic! I will do, thank you.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »
Thought I might make it easier and just share some threads you/he might find useful during the wait as they can be hard to find as some are slightly older :)

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=91077.0

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=93310.0 (ideas "long distance games" to play)

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links