Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Filing for my FLR(M) and need a shoulder to lean on (or shoulders!)  (Read 1476 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi all, it's finally that time.  I am so ready to get this over with. The main issue I think is coming up with the money.  Our plan to save for this visa in advance just didn't happen. Life has been one catastrophe after another. But mainly I'm here to make sure I have my timing right and ask about the form fill in vs the print and mail form.  At least at this point.  Can you, as you did with the original visa, fill in as you go and stop when needed without losing your information?  Also my original visa expires on September 1st 2018.  So by my calculations I can't apply until August 4th, 2018...is that right? Simple things become very confusing when your life depends on it!

Thanks in advance!
Mel

• Liked: 6110
Hi all, it's finally that time.  I am so ready to get this over with. The main issue I think is coming up with the money.  Our plan to save for this visa in advance just didn't happen. Life has been one catastrophe after another. But mainly I'm here to make sure I have my timing right and ask about the form fill in vs the print and mail form.  At least at this point.  Can you, as you did with the original visa, fill in as you go and stop when needed without losing your information?  Also my original visa expires on September 1st 2018.  So by my calculations I can't apply until August 4th, 2018...is that right? Simple things become very confusing when your life depends on it!

Thanks in advance!
Mel

You are going to want to do the paper form, definitely seer clear of the online option as it has been quite problematic.

Could family lend you the money to apply?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:45:33 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 3589
Filing for my FLR(M) and need a shoulder to lean on (or shoulders!)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 11:00:48 AM »

Thanks in advance!
Mel

First off, we don’t recommend applying using the online form - it has a number of issues, the main ones being that the questions are different, confusing and we can’t help you fill out the form because we can’t see it.

So, I would advise printing and completing the paper form by hand:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm

If you entered the U.K. on a spousal visa, the date you can apply depends on the date you entered the U.K.

A spousal visa is valid for 33 months but you can apply for FLR(M) up to 28 days before you reach 30 months in the U.K.

From your previous posts, you moved here as a spouse around December 2015? In which case you could have applied for your FLR(M) any time from sometime around May 2018 up to the expiry date of September 1st 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You nailed it Ksand, as usual! I wish I could have applied earlier, between sick dogs, moving from one end of the country to another, losing my father inlaw and the expense of traveling back and forth while he was ill, changing jobs meant a loss in pay.  The list goes on.  The best laid plans and all that... but knowing I can apply as soon as possible is good too, though again, I don't know where I am going to get the other half of the money.  Unfortunately Larrabee my mother in law has already given us money for the deposit on our flat so we could move closer to her. Honestly if I went through all the sh*t that's happened in the last 14 months you would think I was a fantasist or at least a damn good writer! Though it is all true! Printing it out today and diving in! Thanks all. I'm sure I'll have more questions!

You nailed it Ksand, as usual! I wish I could have applied earlier, between sick dogs, moving from one end of the country to another, losing my father inlaw and the expense of traveling back and forth while he was ill, changing jobs meant a loss in pay.  The list goes on.  The best laid plans and all that... but knowing I can apply as soon as possible is good too, though again, I don't know where I am going to get the other half of the money.  Unfortunately Larrabee my mother in law has already given us money for the deposit on our flat so we could move closer to her. Honestly if I went through all the sh*t that's happened in the last 14 months you would think I was a fantasist or at least a damn good writer! Though it is all true! Printing it out today and diving in! Thanks all. I'm sure I'll have more questions!

Trust me I believe you!   :)   Another option may be to take out a 0% credit card?

Trust me I believe you!   :)   Another option may be to take out a 0% credit card?

Well, I held my breath and applied for a Sainsbury's card just now which I was sure I wouldn't get because I have barely there credit and do not have permanent residency BUT I GOT IT!!!!! What a massive relief! So the writing begins!!! :) Thank you for suggesting this. I mean it did cross my mind many times and I didn't want to do it but I am at the point of desperation where I have no choice. Now I can get this done and figure out how to pay it back quickly! *SMOOCH*

Well, I held my breath and applied for a Sainsbury's card just now which I was sure I wouldn't get because I have barely there credit and do not have permanent residency BUT I GOT IT!!!!! What a massive relief! So the writing begins!!! :) Thank you for suggesting this. I mean it did cross my mind many times and I didn't want to do it but I am at the point of desperation where I have no choice. Now I can get this done and figure out how to pay it back quickly! *SMOOCH*

Yay!  :D

Geez the questions are already bubbling up.  My husband has dual citizenship 3.4 and 3.5 seem to be the same question! Do I write in 3.4 British on one line and American on the second line and then on 3.5 add American again?

And 3.9 he had lived in the UK his whole life until 2006 when he moved to the US but lived in US 9 years coming back to the UK in 2015, so do I say he's lived in the UK since 2015?

4.3 Husband has a child who is not a dependant and is not my child. Do I say no to this? Or yes even though there is no area to explain she is not a dependant child?

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have posted this until I'd completely read through!
5.2 do I answer this in regard to my previous spousal visa or my first ever visit to the UK in 1999?

I think that the above question relates to all of these...When I did my first spousal visa I had to go back to the beginning of our relationship, I'm thinking now it just wants information during the time of my past visa, if that makes sense? In other words when we started living together here (as opposed to the date we met and began living together in the US?)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:03:42 PM by MelfromLou »

Hiya,
just wondering if this is best place to ask my questions? Or should I put them on another thread?

Thanks!
Mel

It’s easiest if you keep all your questions in the same thread, so we can easily look back at your situation and what advice you’ve already been given. If things are in different threads, we then have to hunt around for all the information :).

Re: Filing for my FLR(M) and need a shoulder to lean on (or shoulders!)
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »
Ok, great, I had just asked a few yesterday and didn't get any response so I wanted to double check :)

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 01:55:28 PM »
I would have responded, but I was on a plane to Portugal for the weekend. I’m in the middle of sightseeing in Lisbon right now :).

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 01:04:56 PM »
I would have responded, but I was on a plane to Portugal for the weekend. I’m in the middle of sightseeing in Lisbon right now :).

Lucky you! :)
One of these days,  when I stop having to pay for Visa's I am going to get to travel :) Enjoy!

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 10:25:23 AM »
Can someone help with my questions please? I’m desperate to get this thing done!  I’m sort of in a crisis for my contract renewal at work.  I’ve already asked a few above and I need some further clarification on a few things. Thank you ❤️

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 10:39:46 AM »
Sorry - back from Portugal now. I assumed someone would have answered these over the last few days (I was using the internet on my phone over the weekend and couldn't easily check the answers for you).

First off, just to double-check you have the new version of the FLR(M) form, dated July 2018?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/724084/flr_m_-07-18.pdf

Geez the questions are already bubbling up.  My husband has dual citizenship 3.4 and 3.5 seem to be the same question! Do I write in 3.4 British on one line and American on the second line and then on 3.5 add American again?

I would probably answer as follows:
3.3 Nationality - please indicate if your sponsor has dual nationality or if they have ever held any
other nationality or nationalities

'British and US citizenship' or 'British but has dual citizenship'
3.4 Please provide details of any other nationality or nationalities your sponsor holds, or has ever
held.

'US citizenship'

And 3.9 he had lived in the UK his whole life until 2006 when he moved to the US but lived in US 9 years coming back to the UK in 2015, so do I say he's lived in the UK since 2015?

No, you put the whole time he has lived in the UK, because they are checking if he was British-born (i.e. UK citizen first, then US citizen later) or if he was born abroad, moved to the UK on a visa, and then became a naturalised UK citizen (i.e. US citizen first, then UK citizen later).

For example:
'From birth to X date 2006 and then from Y date 2015 to Present'

4.3 Husband has a child who is not a dependant and is not my child. Do I say no to this? Or yes even though there is no area to explain she is not a dependant child?

When you say she is not a dependant, do you mean she is over 18?

- If she is over 18, you tick no, because they are not a child

- If she is under 18, you must include her details (plus you have to send her UK passport, birth certificate and proof of UK address).

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have posted this until I'd completely read through!
5.2 do I answer this in regard to my previous spousal visa or my first ever visit to the UK in 1999?

I think that the above question relates to all of these...When I did my first spousal visa I had to go back to the beginning of our relationship, I'm thinking now it just wants information during the time of my past visa, if that makes sense? In other words when we started living together here (as opposed to the date we met and began living together in the US?)

You put the date you arrived in the UK on your current spousal visa.

This section is asking about if you are currently living in the UK legally, when you arrived on your current visa and what type of visa it is.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:42:35 AM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links