Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Trump declares himself a Nationalist  (Read 2427 times)

• Liked: 1891
Trump declares himself a Nationalist
« on: October 23, 2018, 08:21:33 AM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/412649-trump-you-know-what-i-am-im-a-nationalist

"You know, they have a word. It sort of became old-fashioned. It’s called a nationalist," he continued. "And I say really, we’re not supposed to use that word. You know what I am? I am a nationalist. Use that word."

The crowd broke out into chants of "USA" in response.

---------end quote -----

That's it, the times of euphemisms, code words and dog whistles is over.  He's just said he's a white supremacist.

One thing about Trump, he actually does tell the truth sometimes.

• Liked: 1327
Re: Trump declares himself a Nationalist
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 09:16:54 AM »
Wow.  So... uh...

After watching the clip of Trump proudly proclaiming his nationalist identification, I tried to suggest to my husband that Trump was just naively/stupidly using the word "nationalist" to simply mean the opposite of "globalist", and that he doesn't know as many words as he thought he does. But my husband doesn't believe that for a second.  My husband reminded me that Trump has demonstrated his support for white-nationalism at every opportunity.   This was not naivety.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 09:51:53 AM »
Six more years.  Six more years and then we will move on.  <sigh>

It's gonna be a long six years.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 01:41:06 PM »
I'd like it to not be 6 years, but I have little hope.  But I'm sure we'll be gone under a nuclear cloud long before that anyways. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »
I'd like it to not be 6 years, but I have little hope.  But I'm sure we'll be gone under a nuclear cloud long before that anyways. 

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

My gut is he'll get another 4 years in office...  And that congress will remain red. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 02:44:06 PM »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

My gut is he'll get another 4 years in office...  And that congress will remain red.

I saw with a heavy heart that I unfortunately feel the same. Obviously I don't want that to happen...but in my gut, I just feel that will be what the end result is. Maybe my mindset is just too "doom and gloom" cynical? (i hope)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 02:49:07 PM »
44% approval rating for Trump. Vomit. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 216
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »
Sadly, I'm not surprised at that approval rating. So many times in America I have felt merely tolerated. I've seen the same people who have smiled in my face then turn around and casually make a racially insensitive comment and expect me to have no reaction. I think the feelings of "nationalism" have been lying dormant within people who have felt too afraid of being labelled "racist" because somehow they don't see it as such. But they've been emboldened by Trump. If he can get away with it all, why can't they? I've had longtime "friends" shock me over the last couple of years as they've let me know how they really feel. But somehow they don't think they're referring to me, like I'm different. It's just all very weird.

And I definitely think we'll be stuck with it for another term. Sadly, I've reached the point where it's like I don't think anything matters anymore. It's gonna be what it's gonna be. And I just don't really even talk about it with anyone anymore. People who I have known for decades have called me things like irrational, hypersensitive, and dramatic. They've treated me as though I've somehow turned stupid even though we went to school together, gotten degrees together, and they even know that I'm in Mensa, for crying out loud... but suddenly I'm incapable of reason or intelligent thought. Ugh. So I've just stopped altogether. I can't give anymore of my precious energy to it.

Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 533
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 04:10:23 PM »
know that I'm in Mensa, for crying out loud

Sounds foreign to me.

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 04:16:43 PM »
Sounds foreign to me.

Ha ha ha!!! Maybe Spanish??? I'm guilty of being a globalist then!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 04:18:05 PM »
And I just don't really even talk about it with anyone anymore

Honestly, I have started to feel that way more and more along with just expecting the worst outcome EVERY time now.

JF - aren't you Mensa as well? Or did I make that up?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »
Honestly, I have started to feel that way more and more along with just expecting the worst outcome EVERY time now.

It's sad really. Like this is the first time in my life where I feel my voice really DOESN'T matter. And then I just resort to thinking well, I've only got maybe 40 to 50 more years tops on this planet anyway so I guess I'll just hideaway and ride it out.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 06:06:14 PM »

JF - aren't you Mensa as well? Or did I make that up?

Yes, I am.  My husband is amazing.  (He finished my sentence for me... what I was going to say was when I told him I'd belonged years ago, he asked if I could rejoin, so I did a few months ago.)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 06:16:58 PM »
Yes, I am.  My husband is amazing.  (He finished my sentence for me... what I was going to say was when I told him I'd belonged years ago, he asked if I could rejoin, so I did a few months ago.)

Hello, my fellow Mensan!  ;)

• Liked: 672
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »
I'm rather worried about what will happen when all those poor refugees in the big column walking from central Americas hits the border. You have to be really desperate to leave everything behind and walk across a continent.  :-\\\\

I mean, the USA has done horrific stuff to its own people ... Gen. Douglas MacArthur's cavalry bayonette charge and teargasing (with tanks, for chrissakes) of the Bonus Marcher camp (between WWI and WWII) full of starving out-of-work ex-WWI GIs and their families who were begging Washington for help.The internment camps: Tule Lake, Manzanar, Gila River, Heart Mountain, and I forget how many more. Where people of the wrong ancestry were imprisoned during WWII, even if their ancestors had been in the USA as proud, patriotic, hard-working citizens for generations. And when they finally let them out, years later, their homes and posessions were gone.  The National Guard opened fire on unarmed protesting students on a University campus. Horrific medical experiments were done on persons of the wrong skin color in the South. And on and on and on....

So, yeah, God help foreigners hoping for a better life who are at the doorstep with nothing to their names, the wrong ancestry, the wrong class, the wrong language, probably the wrong religion, thinking they've made it to the promised land.  :\\\'(

The population of the world is increasing exponentially. Dramatic mass movements of dispossessed peoples are going to increase. When you are in mortal danger or starving (or both) you go where you think you have a chance. That's only natural and sane. You run from the guns and to the food.

Trump saying he's going to send the Army to the border just cuts at my heart like a knife. I just hope to heaven that they don't fire on the crowd. I would like to think that they would disobey any order to shoot. But there are some ... let us call them disturbed individuals... in uniform, just as in civilian life. My grandfather was a lifer Army man. My father was in the Army and fought his way through Europe against the Nazis. My brother was a lifer Army man. I search in my heart ... would they do it, if ordered? Unfortunately, my answer keeps coming up "I don't know." So I can only hope it never comes to that for the troopers who'd be sent, and the people who would be looking at them from the other side. I just don't want this to happen. I really don't want to see this happen.

There has to be another way.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:37:19 PM by Nan D. »

Sponsored Links