Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My Journey to England & Priority Spousal Visa Process  (Read 13180 times)

• It's never too late to live happily ever after
  • Liked: 219
Re: My Journey to England & Priority Spousal Visa Process
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 07:45:45 PM »
Here is the draft of the Sponsor letter, would you look it over please and let me know anything needed or deleted.. :)
Thank you

To the Entry Clearance Officer

I am sponsoring Lori Anne Burns Benson, my wife, for a spouse visa to the UK.  I am a British citizen by birth.  I meet the financial requirement through my employment as a Service Supervisor of Barrowford Safe & Lock in Barrowford. Where I have been employed since July 2013 My base salary before tax is £X,XXX per month.
(Bank Account) please note that my main bank account statements still had my ex-wife’s name on, up to October 2018, this was due to the fact that the bank would not remove her name without the both of us visiting the bank together, which we have since done.

I also receive industrial injuries benefit of £XX.XX per week which was awarded for life following an accident at work in 1989 (These payments are shown on the bank statement for my second account)

We will be living in the house that I rent in Barrowford, which has 3 bedrooms and a reception.  My son Shaun Benson and Nephew Matthew Benson also live in the home.  My landlady Margaret Wood has granted permission for Lori to live here after her visa is approved.

We met via my poetry man page on face book on the 21st of January.  We maintained a long-distance relationship and stayed in touch via Facebook messenger and WhatsApp daily, often video and sending many messages throughout the day.
On the 15th of June I travelled to Amarillo, Texas for 8 days and proposed to Lori.  I returned to Amarillo for 10 days on the 23rd of October and we married on the 28th of October in Amarillo, Texas.

We decided to settle in the UK rather than the USA as I have a daughter of 10 years old who lives in the UK.

Signed

Andrew B Benson 15/11/2018

Found My Soulmate 12/2017
Engaged : 6/15/2018
Married : 10/28/2018
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 11/19/2018
Biometrics appointment : 11/23/2018
Docs sent to NY : 11/23/2018
Doc received in NY : 11/26/2018
Docs received in Sheffield email :12/21/2018
Email requesting proof of Priority Service : 1/26/2019
Email stating "technical issue which is delaying this application : 1/30/2019
Email requesting bank statements to be re-sent : 2/14/2019
2nd Email requesting bank statements: 3/4/19
Decision made email: 3/6/19
Visa : YESS 3/7/19 (70BD)

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 08:10:07 PM »
Your letter has most of the information, but needs to be more detailed and a bit more formal.

What is the injuries benefit he receives, and why is it being mentioned in the letter?
- Does it make him exempt from meeting the £18,600 financial requirement?
- Does he need it to meet the £18,600 requirement?
If neither of those apply, then it is irrelevant to the application should not be mentioned in the letter (otherwise it will complicate and confuse things), and you should not be including any bank statements that do not show the deposit of his employment salary... so there is no reason to provide a second bank account.

So, a few tweaks to the letter:

To the Entry Clearance Officer.

I am writing this letter in support of my wife, Lori Anne Burns Benson's application for a settlement visa to join me in the UK.  I am a British citizen and have lived in the UK since birth.

I have been employed as a Service Supervisor of Barrowford Safe & Lock in Barrowford, since [DAY] July 2013, on a [full-time, permanent contract] and my base salary before tax is £X,XXX per [YEAR - this number must be over £18,600]. Therefore I am meeting the financial requirement under Category A and am including all of the required documents to show this. Please note that my main bank account statements still had my ex-wife’s name on, up to October 2018, this was due to the fact that the bank would not remove her name without the both of us visiting the bank together, which we have since done.

Once Lori's visa has been granted, will be living together at [FULL ADDRESS], which I have been renting since [X date]. It is a 3-bedroom property with one reception room, and my son and nephew also live in the home with me.  I am including a letter from my landlord giving Lori permission to move in when she arrives in the UK.

Lori and I met via my poetry man page on face book on the 21st of January [YEAR?]. and we entered into a relationship on [DATE]. We met in person on [DATE] when [give details of visit] and while apart, we communicate daily via Facebook messenger and WhatsApp. We got engaged on 15th June [YEAR] when I visited Lori in Amarillo, Texas for 8 days. I then returned to Amarillo for 10 days in October [YEAR] and we married there on 28th October [YEAR]. We have decided to settle in the UK rather than the USA as I have a 10-year-old daughter who lives in the UK. [What about his son and nephew who live with him? He wants to stay so he's near a daughter he doesn't live with but not the son he does live with?].

Yours Faithfully,
His Name

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 08:17:19 PM »
Your letter has most of the information, but needs to be more detailed and a bit more formal.

What is the injuries benefit he receives, and why is it being mentioned in the letter?
- Does it make him exempt from meeting the £18,600 financial requirement?
- Does he need it to meet the £18,600 requirement?
If neither of those apply, then it is irrelevant to the application should not be mentioned in the letter (otherwise it will complicate and confuse things), and you should not be including any bank statements that do not show the deposit of his employment salary... so there is no reason to provide a second bank account.

So, a few tweaks to the letter:

To the Entry Clearance Officer.

I am writing this letter in support of my wife, Lori Anne Burns Benson's application for a settlement visa to join me in the UK.  I am a British citizen and have lived in the UK since birth.

I have been employed as a Service Supervisor of Barrowford Safe & Lock in Barrowford, since [DAY] July 2013, on a [full-time, permanent contract] and my base salary before tax is £X,XXX per [YEAR - this number must be over £18,600]. Therefore I am meeting the financial requirement under Category A and am including all of the required documents to show this. Please note that my main bank account statements still had my ex-wife’s name on, up to October 2018, this was due to the fact that the bank would not remove her name without the both of us visiting the bank together, which we have since done.

Once Lori's visa has been granted, will be living together at [FULL ADDRESS], which I have been renting since [X date]. It is a 3-bedroom property with one reception room, and my son and nephew also live in the home with me.  I am including a letter from my landlord giving Lori permission to move in when she arrives in the UK.

Lori and I met via my poetry man page on face book on the 21st of January [YEAR?]. and we entered into a relationship on [DATE]. We met in person on [DATE] when [give details of visit] and while apart, we communicate daily via Facebook messenger and WhatsApp. We got engaged on 15th June [YEAR] when I visited Lori in Amarillo, Texas for 8 days. I then returned to Amarillo for 10 days in October [YEAR] and we married there on 28th October [YEAR]. We have decided to settle in the UK rather than the USA as I have a 10-year-old daughter who lives in the UK. [What about his son and nephew who live with him? He wants to stay so he's near a daughter he doesn't live with but not the son he does live with?].

Yours Faithfully,
His Name

Hi, thank you , I forwarded this on to him... On the disability benefits, no, it is not needed to make the required salary per year, i will let him know it doesn't need to be in the sponsor letter....  Does it need to even be added to this appendix information  then ? I am guessing yes, but leave the info out of the sponsor letter correct? Thank you.. :)

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 08:42:19 PM »
Hi, thank you , I forwarded this on to him... On the disability benefits, no, it is not needed to make the required salary per year, i will let him know it doesn't need to be in the sponsor letter....  Does it need to even be added to this appendix information  then ? I am guessing yes, but leave the info out of the sponsor letter correct? Thank you.. :)

If you are relying on Category A and are not applying as exempt from the requirements, it should not be mentioned anywhere in the application, because it will only confuse things.

I'll admit I was confused when I read the letter, because I didn't recall you mentioning anything about benefits before and now suddenly you're talking about them being included in the application?

You realise though, that if he receives Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, that makes him exempt from meeting the £18,600 financial requirement under Category A in the first place?

Instead, all he would have to show is that he has enough left over each week after paying rent and council tax as a UK household of the same size would receive in income support from the government each week (based on a couple plus any children under 18 living in the same property).

Which means you would skip Part 3 of the application completely and fill out Part 4 instead.

Receipt of any of the following benefits mean he is exempt:
 Carer’s Allowance.
 Disability Living Allowance.
 Severe Disablement Allowance.
 Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
 Attendance Allowance.
 Personal Independence Payment.
 Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
 Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.
 Police Injury Pension.

See page 15 of Appendix FM 1.7

However, as you meet Category A anyway and you have already prepared the application under Category A, it's probably easier just to stick with that and not mention the benefits at all.

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 08:44:51 PM »
Sponsor Letter revised ; Thank you for your help... it is priceless :)

To the Entry Clearance Officer

I have been employed as a Service Supervisor of Barrowford Safe & Lock in Barrowford, since 1st of July 2013, on a full-time contract and my base salary before tax is £21,840 per year. Therefore, I am meeting the financial requirement under Category A and am including all of the required documents to show this. Please note that my main bank account statements still had my ex-wife’s name on, up to October 2018, this was due to the fact that the bank would not remove her name without the both of us visiting the bank together, which we have since done.

Once Lori's visa has been granted, will be living together at 2 Ford street Barrowford, which I have been renting since 15th of April 2017. It is a 3-bedroom property with one reception room, and my son and nephew also live in the home with me.  I am including a letter from my landlady Margaret Wood, giving Lori permission to move in when she arrives in the UK.

Lori and I met via my poetry man page on face book on the 21st of January 2018 and we entered a relationship on 28th of January 2018.  We met in person on the 15th of June 2018, when I flew to Amarillo, I stayed with Lori at her home address.  We communicate daily via Facebook messenger and WhatsApp.
We got engaged on the 15th of June 2018, in Amarillo, Texas, when I visited Lori for 8 days, I returned to Amarillo for 10 days on the 23rd of October 2018 and we married on the 28th of October 2018 in Amarillo, Texas.

We decided to settle in the UK rather than the USA as I have 3 children who live in the UK.

Yours Faithfully

His name

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 09:16:44 PM »
Looks good... but he has 3 children now? In the last letter he only had 2... where did the third one come from? :P (sorry - just teasing)

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 09:18:37 PM »
Looks good... but he has 3 children now? In the last letter he only had 2... where did the third one come from? :P (sorry - just teasing)
HAHA  ;D  its magic Right...like rabbits. ::).. he has two grown (in their mid 20's) and the 10 year old...  ;)

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 09:36:25 PM »
HAHA  ;D  its magic Right...like rabbits. ::).. he has two grown (in their mid 20's) and the 10 year old...  ;)

Ah, makes more sense now :P.

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »
Happy Friday everyone,  :)
I got my old passport back yesterday, my DH is sending the remaining things I need before I apply, it will get here Monday and then i can apply.. I will list my documents later but one thing that i can not wrap my brain around is the messages and video chats  ::) business .
I understand we need 2-3 pages total ( that should actually answer my own question but no  ;) )
Is that 2-3 pages from Whats App, 2-3 pages Facebook messages; 2-3 pages of video chat times? I know this is much easier than I am making it but for some reason I am not grasping this  ::)
As of now, I have 3 pages of Whats App...we don't use it often, just when the internet connection is bad ...
I have 3 pages 3 columns on each page showing dates and times of Video Chats... I still need this last week thru the weekend to add... On top of this (whats app and video chats info) do I still need to include dates and times of Facebook Messages  ???
Thank you  :)

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2018, 05:02:18 PM »

As of now, I have 3 pages of Whats App...we don't use it often, just when the internet connection is bad ...
I have 3 pages 3 columns on each page showing dates and times of Video Chats... I still need this last week thru the weekend to add... On top of this (whats app and video chats info) do I still need to include dates and times of Facebook Messages  ???
Thank you  :)
FYI: the Video Chat page :) does include some message times and dates mixed in

• Liked: 239
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »
It's 2-3 pages total for all of it together. I had Facebook, WhatsApp and Skype. I sent a total of 2.5 pages. They only want the chat date and times to show you keep in regular contact with each other. So you may find it easier to copy and paste and retype some in a word document.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2018, 05:28:28 PM »
It's 2-3 pages total for all of it together. I had Facebook, WhatsApp and Skype. I sent a total of 2.5 pages. They only want the chat date and times to show you keep in regular contact with each other. So you may find it easier to copy and paste and retype some in a word document.
Thank you  ;)

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2018, 06:05:07 PM »
 ??? if while filling out the Appendix and I see I entered a date wrong, is it ok to put a line through it and write the correct date next to it ? ::)

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2018, 07:03:46 PM »
??? if while filling out the Appendix and I see I entered a date wrong, is it ok to put a line through it and write the correct date next to it ? ::)

I just redid the whole page... had a couple other mistakes ...all is well.. for now  ;D

• Liked: 156
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »
If you find that you have a mistake, like I did after I submitted and printed my application. I just crossed it out initial and put the correct thing.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links