Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying to remain in the UK  (Read 10150 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Applying to remain in the UK
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2019, 11:56:48 AM »
Okay, I think I may have been understanding this all wrong.
What you are saying, and correct me if I am wrong, is that I don't need 6 different sources of correspondence, but at least 6 items of corresponce spread over the past 2 years from at least 3 different sources. I still need to find items going back 2 years, but already have 4 items of corresponce in both our names.
Further, for the current time period, I just need at least one source in both our names or 2 in each of our names as well, not 6 as I was thinking for the current time period.  Is that correct? Thank you.

You have never needed 6 sources. It’s a minimum of 3 sources across all the documents. So, if all your documents were individually addressed, giving 12 in total, you could have 10 bank statements, 1 electricity bill and 1 water bill. Or, you might have 12 different sources... just depends what you’re able to provide.

I don’t know what you mean by ‘current time period’.  You just count back 2 years and then find 1 document in each name spread every 4 months over those 2 years. The periods you use can be adjusted depending on what documents you have available.

For example, you could go with:
Jan, May, Oct, Jan, May, Oct, (Optional extra: Jan 2019)
Or
Feb, June, Nov, Feb, June, Nov
Or
Dec, Apr, Sept, Dec, Apr, Sept
Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »
Once again thanks for all of your help. I think I am down to finding documents covering the past couple years.  Thanks.

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2019, 07:25:26 AM »
Hello,
Have a question about the new system. I take it that once I finish my application and have my documents ready, I submit my application online and pay the NHS surcharge fee, I will be given the option of either sending in my application and all of my documents/passports/photos, etc.... by post or the option of using a UKVCAS centre.

If I apply by post then I need to go to a post office which offers biometric services to have my finger prints taken and my photo taken as opposed to having to bring in a photo with me.
If I use a UKVCAS centres, then if I read the information correctly, would I need to bring my wife and step daughter with me or is it just family that are also applying for a visa. In my case I am the only one applying for a visa.
Also, I couldn't find where UKVCAS centres are located and their hours, is there a link that has that information.

If I apply by post, how important is it to include an envelope with my address on it to have everyting returned to me.

Thanks for everyone's help.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2019, 07:31:28 AM »
Hello,
Have a question about the new system. I take it that once I finish my application and have my documents ready, I submit my application online and pay the NHS surcharge fee, I will be given the option of either sending in my application and all of my documents/passports/photos, etc.... by post or the option of using a UKVCAS centre.

If I apply by post then I need to go to a post office which offers biometric services to have my finger prints taken and my photo taken as opposed to having to bring in a photo with me.

Correct.

You used to send a return envelope if you wanted to use special delivery, otherwise they would use recorded delivery.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2019, 08:22:55 PM »
Thanks. Didn't think of this, but my wife brought it up and I'm actually not sure of the answer. If I use special delivery, does the post office have to include the postage on the return envelope or just on the envelope that is being sent out.
If I use recorded delivery, thus not needing to include a return envelope, what is the best recorded delivery option for me to use. Thank you.

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2019, 08:27:15 PM »
Thanks. Didn't think of this, but my wife brought it up and I'm actually not sure of the answer. If I use special delivery, does the post office have to include the postage on the return envelope or just on the envelope that is being sent out.
If I use recorded delivery, thus not needing to include a return envelope, what is the best recorded delivery option for me to use. Thank you.

If you want it returned by special delivery,  you need to include a pre-stamped special delivery envelope.

Recorded delivery is just regular first or second class with a signature required. UKVI will use second class signed for if you don't include the special delivery envelope.

You can send it however you want to, I used special delivery because it is safer and tracked all the way.

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2019, 06:47:14 AM »
Thanks. Just to be clear, if I don't use special returned delivery, then there is no need to include a self addressed returned envelope. I have seen people mentioning they are including a self addressed envelope to have their documents and passports returned. Do I still include a self addressed envelope to have my things returned ever if it's not necessary. Thanks.

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2019, 08:06:03 AM »
Thanks. Just to be clear, if I don't use special returned delivery, then there is no need to include a self addressed returned envelope. I have seen people mentioning they are including a self addressed envelope to have their documents and passports returned. Do I still include a self addressed envelope to have my things returned ever if it's not necessary. Thanks.

We can't see the guidance for the new online system but that's the way it was with the paper forms. You didn't need to provide an envelope at all unless you wanted special delivery instead of second class signed for (recorded delivery).

Does the new system not give any guidance?

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2019, 09:12:12 AM »
I didn't notice it mention anything about supplying a returned address envelope, so I am going to assume that is they wanted one, it would have been mentioned somewhere.
I have completed my visa though my wife needs to sign one more document.
I am nervous that we weren't able to provide proof of address and birth certificate for my wife's ex. We are sending a letter explaining why we aren't able to, but one of the things it asks is to check the box confirming  being able to provide that information. Both on the online form, then again on the printed out checklist form I have to send. And it wouldn't let me move forward with my application online unless I checked the box. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2019, 09:18:03 AM »
I didn't notice it mention anything about supplying a returned address envelope, so I am going to assume that is they wanted one, it would have been mentioned somewhere.
I have completed my visa though my wife needs to sign one more document.
I am nervous that we weren't able to provide proof of address and birth certificate for my wife's ex. We are sending a letter explaining why we aren't able to, but one of the things it asks is to check the box confirming  being able to provide that information. Both on the online form, then again on the printed out checklist form I have to send. And it wouldn't let me move forward with my application online unless I checked the box. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

You will not be the first person in that situation, as long as you explain clearly and concisely, you will be fine.  :)

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2019, 09:21:42 AM »
Ok. Thanks. My wife still has to sign 3 more forms, but otherwise it's just a matter of posting everything and having me biometrics taken. Once again thanks to everyone for their help.

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2019, 09:42:47 AM »
Ok. Thanks. My wife still has to sign 3 more forms, but otherwise it's just a matter of posting everything and having me biometrics taken. Once again thanks to everyone for their help.

Best of luck!  :)

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2019, 06:16:09 PM »
Actually have one more question, what is the difference a post office that offers Home Office Biometric Enrolment vs
 BRP Collection Service. Do I go to a post office that offers Home Office Biometric Enrolment or
 BRP Collection Services. One post office somewhat  near me offers Home Office Biometric Enrolment and the other ones offers
 BRP Collection Services. Thank you.

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2019, 06:25:18 PM »
Actually have one more question, what is the difference a post office that offers Home Office Biometric Enrolment vs
 BRP Collection Service. Do I go to a post office that offers Home Office Biometric Enrolment or
 BRP Collection Services. One post office somewhat  near me offers Home Office Biometric Enrolment and the other ones offers
 BRP Collection Services. Thank you.

You want enrolment. They will take your finger prints and photo.

Collection is when you pick up your BRP when you first arrive.

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »
Thanks. If I had gone today, I may have ended up taking the train to the wrong post office. Once again thank you.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab