Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rejection?  (Read 1271 times)

• Liked: 2
Rejection?
« on: December 12, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »
I am really worried about being rejected.  We are at business day 73, and my case is still labeled Awaiting Decision (though they've escalated it, which from what I've read means approximately nothing)....is this a sign that it will be rejected?  What has been the rejection timeline for anyone that has had that unfortunate, awful experience? 

I am just feeling sick with all this uncertainty  :\\\'(

• Liked: 4985
Re: Rejection?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »
A U.K. visa is a tick box visa.

If you tick the boxes, you get the visa.  Simple as.

Do you want to list the documents you submitted and your circumstances?  We can help provide reassurance.  Or let you know if anything may be missing.

Big hugs!  Did you pay priority?

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:30:52 PM »
We submitted the printed application, both passports (the invalidated one with my maiden name and my current one), 2 new passport photos (signed), appendix 2 form, marriage certificate,  proof of savings (stamped and signed printouts from the bank offices, dated within 3 weeks of application date), both birth certificates, tons of pictures, congrats cards from our wedding and many other relationship support items, signed statements from the witnesses from our wedding, proof of where we will be living (my husband's house, not rented), letters of introduction from each of us, sponsorship undertaking form, resumes from both of us, the biometrics appointment page and return shipping label/envelope.

I think this is all...I'm trying to remember my cover page.  We just finished getting my husband's green card in February, so we already had the majority of this compiled and just needed to have a few updated.

My husband is self-employed, so we are using the savings route.  We have no convictions or anything that would make it complicated in that way.  We exceed the amount of savings needed.  He has a business to go back to, and I work in the financial world so we both will be making money and not be a drain on any sort of resources.  I just don't know.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »
It sounds like you may have included a lot of extra documents like the family statements, cards and photos. Did you include accommodation evidence for where you will be residing in the UK? And were they mailed to Sheffield or NYC? You may want to reach out to your MP in the UK for assistance if possible, as you're past the 60 days they usually take to process most applications. That doesn't mean anything towards the decision, some just take longer and with the transition to NYC things seem to be getting misplaced/not scanned properly!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 12:43:26 AM »
It sounds like you may have included a lot of extra documents like the family statements, cards and photos. Did you include accommodation evidence for where you will be residing in the UK? And were they mailed to Sheffield or NYC? You may want to reach out to your MP in the UK for assistance if possible, as you're past the 60 days they usually take to process most applications. That doesn't mean anything towards the decision, some just take longer and with the transition to NYC things seem to be getting misplaced/not scanned properly!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We included the mortgage docs for his house, and everything was sent to Sheffield (this was late August, arrival email Sept 03).
I read that if you don't have many pictures of your wedding it can be a bad sign (we only had two people there, done by a JP) so it recommended sending extra photos and relationship support. Would sending too much look fishy?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 01:39:47 AM »
I read that if you don't have many pictures of your wedding it can be a bad sign (we only had two people there, done by a JP) so it recommended sending extra photos and relationship support. Would sending too much look fishy?

You don’t need to send any pictures of the wedding. They just need to tick a box to say they have seen 1 photo of you together to prove you have met in person at least 1 time. You don’t get a bigger tick for sending more than 1 photo.

So, by sending a ton of unnecessary photos (and other documents), it can clutter the application and potentially mean they miss or don’t see the important documents.

What did you send to prove your relationship?

You generally need to send:
- marriage certificate
- any divorce decrees if applicable
- 1 photo together (2 at most)
- evidence of regular communication if you are in a long-distance relationship or have ever lived apart (emails, calls, messages, flight tickets etc.)
- evidence of living together for the entire length of time you have lived together (tax returns, utility bills, house deeds/leases etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 02:04:37 AM »
Other unnecessary documents that can clutter an application are things like:
- birth certificates (not needed)
- resumes (cannot be considered)
- witness statements from family and friends (cannot be considered)
- congratulations cards (only cards you and your husband have sent to each other to prove a long distance relationship will be looked at)

Also, you didn’t need the Sponsorship Undertaking Form as it does not apply to spousal visas and is only needed in exceptional circumstances applications (namely elderly or adult dependant relative visa applications).

The important items to send are:

Sponsor:
- passport photo page copy
- sponsor letter of Support

Finances:
- 6 full months of bank statements showing the savings did not dip below £62,500 at any time in the 6 months (it even for 1 day)
- statement showing funds are immediately available

Accommodation:
- Land Registry document for the house you will live in
- optional extra: latest mortgage statement

Relationship (as above):
- marriage certificate
- any divorce decrees
- 1 or 2 photos together
- evidence of living together (tax returns, bills etc.)
- evidence of regular communication with each other while living apart (if applicable)

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 02:15:18 AM »
Other unnecessary documents that can clutter an application are things like:
- birth certificates (not needed)
- resumes (cannot be considered)
- witness statements from family and friends (cannot be considered)
- congratulations cards (only cards you and your husband have sent to each other to prove a long distance relationship will be looked at)

Also, you didn’t need the Sponsorship Undertaking Form as it does not apply to spousal visas and is only needed in exceptional circumstances applications (namely elderly or adult dependant relative visa applications).

The important items to send are:

Sponsor:
- passport photo page copy
- sponsor letter of Support

Finances:
- 6 full months of bank statements showing the savings did not dip below £62,500 at any time in the 6 months (it even for 1 day)
- statement showing funds are immediately available

Accommodation:
- Land Registry document for the house you will live in
- optional extra: latest mortgage statement

Relationship (as above):
- marriage certificate
- any divorce decrees
- 1 or 2 photos together
- evidence of living together (tax returns, bills etc.)
- evidence of regular communication with each other while living apart (if applicable)

We sent everything (and more) except a land registry document. But we did send mortgage docs.
Is that going to be an issue? A disqualifying one???

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 03:46:23 AM »

We sent everything (and more) except a land registry document. But we did send mortgage docs.
Is that going to be an issue? A disqualifying one???

It might be - the Land Registry is usually the most important accommodation document to send as it proves the registered owner of the property. Though they have been good at asking for missing documents lately, rather than just refusing outright.

Also, what documents did you send for your relationship evidence? You mention sending many other items but not what you actually sent.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 08:39:34 AM »
I know you said in an earlier post that you are relying on a 401k to meet the requirement.  Did you submit a letter from the company stating that the money  invested is immediately available?  That’s the crux of a 401k investment being accepted.

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
I know you said in an earlier post that you are relying on a 401k to meet the requirement.  Did you submit a letter from the company stating that the money  invested is immediately available?  That’s the crux of a 401k investment being accepted.

We did.  The money was verified as immediately available on signed and stamped bank letterhead.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 02:49:18 PM »
It might be - the Land Registry is usually the most important accommodation document to send as it proves the registered owner of the property. Though they have been good at asking for missing documents lately, rather than just refusing outright.

Also, what documents did you send for your relationship evidence? You mention sending many other items but not what you actually sent.

We sent photos, airfare ticket stubs, WhatsApp logs, email chains, the ticket stubs for family to travel to our wedding (we married out of state)

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »
We sent photos, airfare ticket stubs, WhatsApp logs, email chains, the ticket stubs for family to travel to our wedding (we married out of state)

What about evidence of living together in the US since you got married? You mentioned in previous posts that you married in June 2017 and are working to get back to the UK now.

You need to show that your relationship has been subsisting since the wedding and that you have been living together for all of that time (or that you have been in regular communication if you have not been able to live together).

You only need things like flight tickets, WhatsApp logs and emails covering the time that you were in a long-distance relationship before getting married (or covering any time you might have lived apart since the wedding).

Flight tickets for family members are irrelevant and cannot be considered. What is important is showing the relationship between you and your spouse, not between you both and other family members.

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 04:28:09 PM »
What about evidence of living together in the US since you got married? You mentioned in previous posts that you married in June 2017 and are working to get back to the UK now.

You need to show that your relationship has been subsisting since the wedding and that you have been living together for all of that time (or that you have been in regular communication if you have not been able to live together).

You only need things like flight tickets, WhatsApp logs and emails covering the time that you were in a long-distance relationship before getting married (or covering any time you might have lived apart since the wedding).

Flight tickets for family members are irrelevant and cannot be considered. What is important is showing the relationship between you and your spouse, not between you both and other family members.

We sent in utility bills and bank statements with our address/both names, and titles for vehicles in both our names bought while we have been married.  Also pictures and stubs from vacations after we were married.  I forgot about those--sorry, I'm trying to remember back.

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 04:34:35 PM »
We sent in utility bills and bank statements with our address/both names, and titles for vehicles in both our names bought while we have been married.  Also pictures and stubs from vacations after we were married.  I forgot about those--sorry, I'm trying to remember back.

Okay, that's good :). Just wanted to make sure you covered all the bases.

You didn't need to send any of the pictures or stubs from vacations, because you live together... so you don't need to prove you only see each other on vacations, because you see each other every day anyway.

So, from what you've said about your documents, it looks like the only things you were missing were:
- your evidence showing the savings funds were immediately accessible (which you have now provided)
- the Land Registry document for the accommodation (though they might accept the mortgage statement on its own, since they didn't ask for the Land Registry)

Sponsored Links