Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I've been headhunted  (Read 5983 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: I've been headhunted
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2020, 02:05:05 PM »
I heard, finally who got the job instead of me and sure enough I knew him. (Small place)

I imagine he probably took a huge paycut or they were really willing to pay whatever, because he was a former director, so would have probably been asking at least twice what I was, if not more.   He knew the guys too at the place, so it doesn't surprise me now. Thinking about it all, I think he's probably a good fit there, even if he is a bit of a terrier/jerk/in your face kind of guy. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »
I heard, finally who got the job instead of me and sure enough I knew him. (Small place)

I imagine he probably took a huge paycut or they were really willing to pay whatever, because he was a former director, so would have probably been asking at least twice what I was, if not more.   He knew the guys too at the place, so it doesn't surprise me now. Thinking about it all, I think he's probably a good fit there, even if he is a bit of a terrier/jerk/in your face kind of guy. 

I'm glad that it's worked out in  your favour!  It has, hasn't it?

I recently interviewed for a role I was headhunted for and had a looksey to see who they went with in the end.  Let's just say if they got that guy for the same pay I get, they got a BARGAIN.  Plus the company was in the red and operating with aid of an overdraft.  No, nope, NOPE.  So I wasn't interested.  No idea how they got the guy they got.... unless it's a seriously overinflated CV.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2020, 04:47:06 PM »
Yeah ,it's worked okay for me.  As unhappy as you are, sounds like you dodged a bullet with that one too KFDancer!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2020, 05:12:22 PM »
Yeah ,it's worked okay for me.  As unhappy as you are, sounds like you dodged a bullet with that one too KFDancer!

It's a struggle.  My boss is an absolute dick.  No doubt.  Buttttttt.  I work with great people and I *am* making a big difference here.  But I think I need to bail before the ship goes down.  Though I'm starting to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe we aren't going to sink *too soon*.  <sigh>

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2020, 05:28:53 PM »
Hang in there, I know how awful it can be slogging yourself into a job you hate!
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab