Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IRL - probably a stupid question  (Read 3080 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: IRL - probably a stupid question
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 10:20:34 AM »
Hello guys.

Quick doubt. If I pay NHS from my salary at work, do I still need to pay the NHS fee during the application? I’m sure the answer is yes, but checking again. Many thanks!

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »
Hello guys.

Quick doubt. If I pay NHS from my salary at work, do I still need to pay the NHS fee during the application? I’m sure the answer is yes, but checking again. Many thanks!

Yes, even if you are being taxed at work you need to pay the IHS for FLR.  It is not due for ILR though.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 10:24:00 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »
Yes, even if you are being taxed at work you need to pay the IHS for FLR.  It is not due for ILR though.

Thank you very much!

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just looking for some help and guidance with regards to the spouse visa application.

Last night I paid for the National Insurance surcharge (to avoid any price rises from the start of 1 January 2020), however I’m now unable to make any changes to my application and noticed that one question has been completed incorrectly in the ‘application’ section.

Please can you advise if there is anything I can do.

I was wondering if I should start a new application and if I can enter the reference code I received for the payment of the National Insurance surcharge. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Sorry to bother you on new years eve!

Many thanks,
Denia

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »
You don't need to do anything.

Just write a cover note to explain that the question was answered incorrectly, and then write the correct answer in the note.

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »
I haven't heard anything about the IHS surcharge increasing on 1st January though, so I don't think you needed to submit the application before tomorrow.

It has only increased once since it was introduced in April 2015, and that was announced several months in advance and so we spent ages preparing for it. I think they first announced the plan for it in Feb 2018 and the increase didn't actually come into effect until 8th Jan 2019.

I'm just doing a Google search and I've found a reference to the Tories saying in November that they plan to increase it from £400 to £625 per year and extend it to all foreign workers after Brexit. However, it just seems to be a proposal at the moment, and I can't find any reference to when it is expected to be introduced.

See: https://vote.conservatives.com/news/conservatives-announce-range-of-measures-to-take-back-control-of-our-borders

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 12:10:05 PM »
Many thanks ksand24!

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 03:33:41 PM »
Hi guys,

It’s me again! I’m on the final steps and will submit my application this weekend :) Thanks for all your help!

I was just wondering if you had any advice or suggestions when it comes to the section regarding ‘attach supporting evidence of your other reasons to stay in the UK’.

As part of my application, I will be submitting my marriage certificate, my son’s birth certificate and a letter from my employers confirming my employment. For me, this would satisfy the above request.

It would be great to know your thoughts and finally, if I should include any other documents which are not detailed on the long list of documents to supply.

Thanks again!
Dênia

• Liked: 73
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2020, 11:58:43 PM »
We just attached our adult children's birth certificates and their passport copies to support this section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2020, 05:40:54 PM »
We just attached our adult children's birth certificates and their passport copies to support this section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! We want to finish tonight!

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 02:59:30 PM »
Hello guys.

Just to let you know that I’ve just got my letter from the Home Office saying that I was granted another 30 months on the Further to Remain Spouse Visa. I’m really pleased! Just wanted to thank you guys again. This forum is very helpful and I do really appreciate all the support! Next one is Indefinite Leave to Remain.

By the way, is there anything I should be doing from now in order to help with the ILR? Or the citizenship?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2020, 03:01:50 PM »
Hello guys.

Just to let you know that I’ve just got my letter from the Home Office saying that I was granted another 30 months on the Further to Remain Spouse Visa. I’m really pleased! Just wanted to thank you guys again. This forum is very helpful and I do really appreciate all the support! Next one is Indefinite Leave to Remain.

By the way, is there anything I should be doing from now in order to help with the ILR? Or the citizenship?

Congratulations !!!

Continue to keep all of your paper mail and get your life in the UK test out of the way sooner rather than later.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2020, 03:02:06 PM »
Hello guys.

I forgot to mention that it took exact 3 weeks from the Biometrics appointment until I’ve got the letter. Just in case there is someone wondering how long is taking for them to make a decision. Still waiting for the BRP card, but it says it should be here within 7 working days.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 03:04:42 PM »
Hello guys.

Congratulations :D!

]By the way, is there anything I should be doing from now in order to help with the ILR? Or the citizenship?

For ILR, the only things to start thinking about now are making sure you're still collecting mail (you'll need it spaced every 5 months from February 2020 to August 2022), and if you haven't taken it already, start preparing to take the Life in the UK test, which is needed for both ILR and citizenship. It can be taken at any time before you apply for ILR, but it's probably worth getting it out of the way sooner rather than later.

Also, for citizenship, just keep an eye on how long you spend out of the UK - you can have up to 270 days outside the UK in the last 3 years before applying, with no more than 90 days in the final 12 months (the days you left and returned to the UK don't count).

[/quote]

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 03:06:03 PM »
Congratulations !!!

Continue to keep all of your paper mail and get your life in the UK test out of the way sooner rather than later.

Life in the UK test is the citizenship test? I have millions of questions about this.

1) is there anywhere on line that I can do a simulation?
2) are there documents to study? Where?
3) how long before the application for the citizenship can I do the test? Does it expire?

Sponsored Links