Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Document Check and some Queries  (Read 1412 times)

• Liked: 4
ILR Document Check and some Queries
« on: March 21, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »
OK guys, thank you so much for your help to date, we are now at the crunch time and I am hoping to fill out the application form tomorrow and have spent today getting all our documents ready, I would hugely appreciate if you guys could have a look at my list below as a document check and just clarify some of the quick fire questions I have to get this right...

Document check...
For clarity Jeni = the American applicant, and Steven = the British husband

- Jeni Passport
- Steven Passport
- Jeni Biometric Residence Permit (good through to May 2020)
- Marriage License Certificate
- Jeni Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate

- House land registry document

Financial docs (all Steven's as he meets financial criteria)
- Letter from employer confirming employment, salary, etc (dated 20th March 2020)
- 6 months pay slips (September 2019 through to February 2020, as March pay doesn't come until the 27th)
- 6 Months of bank statements (corresponding to the above payslips)
- P60 document (tax year to 5 April 2019)

Correspondence as evidence (Are these dates ok? I tried to spread them along beginning, middle, end of application period.

Steven – Credit Card Statement (Nov 17, Tesco)
Steven and Jeni – Welsh Water Utility Bill (Feb, 18) (JOINT)
Jeni – Credit Card Statement (Nov 17, Santander)

Steven and Jeni – Council Tax Demand Notice (Mar, 19) (JOINT)
Steven and Jeni – Welsh Water Utility Bill (Jan, 19) (JOINT)

Steven – Credit Card Statement (Mar 20, Tesco)
Steven and Jeni – Council Tax Demand Notice (Mar, 20) (JOINT)
Jeni – Credit Card Statement (Jan 20, Santander)

I think that covers it, but am I missing anything?

A few quick fire questions for my sanity too if you guys don't mind...

1) Am I correct that all documents should be scanned in, full colour, and saved in PDF format for the upload? (I have yet to fill it in, just getting my ducks in a row first)

2) I have seen a declaration document mentioned, is this necessary for Steven to do and what information should it contain exactly?

3) Do I need to have any photographs or passport photos to provide with the application?

4) In relation to the Land Registry Document, the one I have is from shortly after I purchased the property dated 13.04.2017. Is this acceptable?

5) Given my pay comes in on the 27th March, providing I submit before this date am I correct that the date range on my payslips is acceptable? (Sept 19 - Feb 20). Also, should I provide Aug 2019 bank statement and payslip as I have seen some have submitted 7 months?

Thank you so much for all the assistance on this board guys, it is keeping us sane!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 06:18:57 PM »
- Letter from employer confirming employment, salary, etc (dated 20th March 2020)
- 6 months pay slips (September 2019 through to February 2020, as March pay doesn't come until the 27th)

Looks like you are 1 month short of your payslips and bank statements.

Assuming the payslips are dated at the end of the month... so the first one is dated 30th September, you only have 5 months, not 6 months.

Month 1 = Sept 30 to Oct 31
Month 2 = Oct 31 to Nov 30
Month 3 =  Nov 30 to Dec 31
Month 4 = Dec 31 to Jan 31
Month 5 = Jan 31 to Feb 29

So you need the August payslip and bank statement too.

If the September payslip explicitly states September 1st on it, you may be okay without the August one, but I probably wouldn’t risk it.

It’s normal to have to send 7 months of statements in order to cover every single day of the 6 months.

Correspondence as evidence (Are these dates ok? I tried to spread them along beginning, middle, end of application period.

You need 1 document in each name, from each of the following months:

Sept 2017
Feb 2018
July 2018
Dec 2018
May 2019
Oct 2019
Mar 2020

They must be dated every 5 months, and be from at least 3 different sources

From your document list, at the moment you have:

Sept 2017
1. ?

Feb 2018
2. Steven and Jeni – Welsh Water Utility Bill (Feb, 18) (JOINT)(source 1)

July 2018
3. ?

Dec 2018

May 2019
5. ?

Oct 2019
6. ?

Mar 2020
7. Steven and Jeni – Council Tax Demand Notice (Mar, 20) (JOINT) (source 2)

So you are missing several required documents for this section as your list doesn’t have documents for the correct months.

1) Am I correct that all documents should be scanned in, full colour, and saved in PDF format for the upload? (I have yet to fill it in, just getting my ducks in a row first)

Not sure. You’ll need to check the requirements for uploading... or hopefully someone else can help.

2) I have seen a declaration document mentioned, is this necessary for Steven to do and what information should it contain exactly?

Both the applicant and the sponsor must sign the declarations as part of the online form. There is also one for the sponsor to sign if they are jointly named on any bank statements or bills being provided.

3) Do I need to have any photographs or passport photos to provide with the application?

No.

4) In relation to the Land Registry Document, the one I have is from shortly after I purchased the property dated 13.04.2017. Is this acceptable?

Should be fine but if you want one with a new date on it, you can download an official copy from the Land Registry website for £3.

5) Given my pay comes in on the 27th March, providing I submit before this date am I correct that the date range on my payslips is acceptable? (Sept 19 - Feb 20). Also, should I provide Aug 2019 bank statement and payslip as I have seen some have submitted 7 months?

As explained above, unless you will likely need the August payslip and bank statement in order to meet the requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 06:24:09 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR Document Check and some Queries
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 06:19:54 PM »
OK guys, thank you so much for your help to date, we are now at the crunch time and I am hoping to fill out the application form tomorrow and have spent today getting all our documents ready, I would hugely appreciate if you guys could have a look at my list below as a document check and just clarify some of the quick fire questions I have to get this right...

Document check...
For clarity Jeni = the American applicant, and Steven = the British husband

- Jeni Passport
- Steven Passport
- Jeni Biometric Residence Permit (good through to May 2020)
- Marriage License Certificate
- Jeni Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate

- House land registry document

Steven – Credit Card Statement (Nov 17, Tesco)
Steven and Jeni – Welsh Water Utility Bill (Feb, 18) (JOINT)
Jeni – Credit Card Statement (Nov 17, Santander)

Steven and Jeni – Council Tax Demand Notice (Mar, 19) (JOINT)
Steven and Jeni – Welsh Water Utility Bill (Jan, 19) (JOINT)

Steven – Credit Card Statement (Mar 20, Tesco)
Steven and Jeni – Council Tax Demand Notice (Mar, 20) (JOINT)
Jeni – Credit Card Statement (Jan 20, Santander)

I think that covers it, but am I missing anything?

A few quick fire questions for my sanity too if you guys don't mind...

Thank you so much for all the assistance on this board guys, it is keeping us sane!

The correspondence should be spaced every over the whole 2.5 years, that's one joint equivalent piece every 5 months. If you don't have a joint piece for any time period, you should use 2 individual pieces from the same month.

1-I don't think they need to be colour but there is a formatting instruction on size etc. You should follow that, or you can pay to have them scan for you.

2-That should be part of the application, it needs to be signed.

3-No.

4-Yes, that's fine.

5-Is that Feb 20th or Feb 2020? You must apply within 28 days of the most recent pay slip and bank statement. The employer letter must also be dated within 28 days of the application date.
Provide 7 months of each, it's safer.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 06:53:36 PM »
Thank you both, will get to finding the documents in the date ranges you suggest.

KSand, you mention a document to be included from Sept 2017... Jeni's last visa was issued on 20th October 2017... should we go for something after that date in its place? or for Sept 2017?

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 07:07:00 PM »
Thank you both, will get to finding the documents in the date ranges you suggest.

KSand, you mention a document to be included from Sept 2017... Jeni's last visa was issued on 20th October 2017... should we go for something after that date in its place? or for Sept 2017?
Ah, sorry, I was just counting back 2.5 years... but you need to cover the time since the last visa was issued, so it may not quite be 2.5 years.

So, yeah, I’d probably go with October 2017.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 07:35:13 PM »
OK guys, so I have revised the documents and they are now as follows, I take it all looks well?

Oct 2017
1. Steven and Jeni - Bank Account Statement (Santander)(19th Oct to 16th Nov 2017)(JOINT)

Feb 2018
2. Steven and Jeni – Welsh Water Utility Bill (1st Feb, 18) (JOINT)

July 2018
3. Steven and Jeni - Welsh Water Utility Bill (18th July, 2018)(JOINT)

Dec 2018
4. Steven and Jeni - Bank Account Statement (HSBC)(16th Dec 2018 to 15th Jan 2019)(JOINT)

May 2019
5. Steven - Credit Card Statement (Tesco)(Dated 12 May 2019)
   Jeni - Credit Card Statement (Santander)(Dated 2 May 2019)

Oct 2019
6. Steven - Credit Card Statement (Tesco)(Dated 12 Oct 2019)
   Jeni - Credit Card Statement (Santander)(Dated 2 Oct 2019)

Mar 2020
7. Steven and Jeni – Council Tax Demand Notice (Mar, 20) (JOINT)

And finally, I think im taking what you both said correctly, but for clarity, the declaration element is part of the actual online application form and I do not need to draft, sign and scan a letter or anything of that sort?

Phew, thanks guys!

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 07:46:49 PM »
OK guys, so I have revised the documents and they are now as follows, I take it all looks well?

Oct 2017
1. Steven and Jeni - Bank Account Statement (Santander)(19th Oct to 16th Nov 2017)(JOINT)

Feb 2018
2. Steven and Jeni – Welsh Water Utility Bill (1st Feb, 18) (JOINT)

July 2018
3. Steven and Jeni - Welsh Water Utility Bill (18th July, 2018)(JOINT)

Dec 2018
4. Steven and Jeni - Bank Account Statement (HSBC)(16th Dec 2018 to 15th Jan 2019)(JOINT)

May 2019
5. Steven - Credit Card Statement (Tesco)(Dated 12 May 2019)
   Jeni - Credit Card Statement (Santander)(Dated 2 May 2019)

Oct 2019
6. Steven - Credit Card Statement (Tesco)(Dated 12 Oct 2019)
   Jeni - Credit Card Statement (Santander)(Dated 2 Oct 2019)

Mar 2020
7. Steven and Jeni – Council Tax Demand Notice (Mar, 20) (JOINT)

The only issues I see are with your Oct 2017 and Dec 2018 bank statements... they only count for the date they were issued and mailed to you (the date you received them in the post), so they are actually documents for November 2017 and January 2019.

Do you have the previous month’s statements instead? The ones that go from mid-Sept to mid-Oct 2017 and mid-Nov to mid- Dec 2018?

And finally, I think im taking what you both said correctly, but for clarity, the declaration element is part of the actual online application form and I do not need to draft, sign and scan a letter or anything of that sort?

No, they are just part of the online application and you read and sign them. They are the same declaration forms that you had to sign as part of the paper FLR(M) form in 2017.

You have:
Declarations:
- applicant signs to say all information given is accurate and true
- sponsor signs to say all the information given is accurate and true
Consent to checks forms:
- sponsor (and anyone else) signs if they are jointly named on any documents with the applicant, giving consent to do any necessary checks.

There is also a consent form for people giving third party support who are named on financial documents to sign, but this will not apply to you.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 07:50:03 PM »
They actually recommend that you scan in 150dpi, black and white in either pdf or jpg. I would recommend pdf as they are easier to work with.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 07:55:12 PM »
The only issues I see are with your Oct 2017 and Dec 2018 bank statements... they only count for the date they were issued and mailed to you (the date you received them in the post), so they are actually documents for November 2017 and January 2019.

Do you have the previous month’s statements instead? The ones that go from mid-Sept to mid-Oct 2017 and mid-Nov to mid- Dec 2018?

I went for the Oct-Nov 2017 statement as the letter Jeni had from the home office issuing her new visa was 20th Oct 2017, so with the previous statement ending on 18th Oct 2017 I didnt think this would be applicable??

I have changed up the December 2018 statement to the one previous as suggested, thank you.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 07:56:05 PM »
They actually recommend that you scan in 150dpi, black and white in either pdf or jpg. I would recommend pdf as they are easier to work with.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you for this!

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 08:06:52 PM »
I went for the Oct-Nov 2017 statement as the letter Jeni had from the home office issuing her new visa was 20th Oct 2017, so with the previous statement ending on 18th Oct 2017 I didnt think this would be applicable??

No, it’s fine to use... it just shows you have been living together since before the last visa is issued, which is a good thing. It’s just 2 days, it’s not gonna make any difference.

The issue with using the November statement is that it is dated too close to the Feb document - and you need your documents to be as evenly-spaced as possible, every 5 months.

So, if you use the November 2017, statement you would need to adjust all the other documents by 2 months to make them properly-spaced:
Nov 2017
Apr 2018
Sept 2018
Feb 2019
July 2019
Dec 2019
(Optional extra: Mar 2020 - not really needed as your accommodation evidence will show you still live together now).

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 08:50:25 PM »
No, it’s fine to use... it just shows you have been living together since before the last visa is issued, which is a good thing. It’s just 2 days, it’s not gonna make any difference.

The issue with using the November statement is that it is dated too close to the Feb document - and you need your documents to be as evenly-spaced as possible, every 5 months.

So, if you use the November 2017, statement you would need to adjust all the other documents by 2 months to make them properly-spaced:
Nov 2017
Apr 2018
Sept 2018
Feb 2019
July 2019
Dec 2019
(Optional extra: Mar 2020 - not really needed as your accommodation evidence will show you still live together now).

Thank you for this, i've gone with the October 2017 statement as you suggest :)

Thank you for helping us through this tonight, particularly KSand, Larabee etc.  I hope you guys truly appreciated how much your work on here is appreciated by all and how much of a big difference you make to hundreds of people in our shoes every year... your kindness and patience is incredible

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 01:56:00 PM »
Me Again :)  Have spent this morning completing the online application and am at the stage of paying and the finish line is in sight, I just wanted a couple of quick fire answers if anyone doesn't mind just so I know all I have done is correct...

1) It asks how long I have lived in the UK, which is at present 4 years and 11 months (Application date today 22nd March 2020, arrived in the UK 11th April 2015).  Am I right in stating it as 4 years and 11 months, as I know I am applying for the five year route and although I'm within 28 days of my arrival I'm still just short of this.  Just wanted to check?

2) It questions whether I was married when I was 'last granted leave in this category.'  I am applying for SET (M) now, but assume despite the previous form being FLR (M), the answer to this would be yes?

3) It asks if my partner and I could live outside the UK if necessary, which I found a strange question! I answered 'No, as our employment, friends and home is in the UK.  Also, my husband has strong family ties here.'  I take it that is acceptable?

4) In the declaration at the end it mentions that the documents you are providing can be originals or copies, but that "Any passports provided must be originals."  I have scanned in both our passports (every page front to back and cover) like I have scanned all the other documents.  Just wanted to check this was correct, as originals to me implied that maybe they needed to see our passports physically somehow?

5) Also, FYI they also mention in the application that they would like to see a document verifying your housing costs (such as mortgage statement/tenancy statement). It does state in the application that these documents are preferred to be provided but not essential. I am going to scan and include the annual mortgage statement too, this is ok?

I know a lot of the above may be knit-picking, but just getting some confirmation that I am on the right lines with these points will bring about huge peace of mind.  All being well, I shall submit today!

Thanks guys.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 02:26:31 PM »
Me Again :)  Have spent this morning completing the online application and am at the stage of paying and the finish line is in sight, I just wanted a couple of quick fire answers if anyone doesn't mind just so I know all I have done is correct...

1) It asks how long I have lived in the UK, which is at present 4 years and 11 months (Application date today 22nd March 2020, arrived in the UK 11th April 2015).  Am I right in stating it as 4 years and 11 months, as I know I am applying for the five year route and although I'm within 28 days of my arrival I'm still just short of this.  Just wanted to check?

2) It questions whether I was married when I was 'last granted leave in this category.'  I am applying for SET (M) now, but assume despite the previous form being FLR (M), the answer to this would be yes?

3) It asks if my partner and I could live outside the UK if necessary, which I found a strange question! I answered 'No, as our employment, friends and home is in the UK.  Also, my husband has strong family ties here.'  I take it that is acceptable?

4) In the declaration at the end it mentions that the documents you are providing can be originals or copies, but that "Any passports provided must be originals."  I have scanned in both our passports (every page front to back and cover) like I have scanned all the other documents.  Just wanted to check this was correct, as originals to me implied that maybe they needed to see our passports physically somehow?

5) Also, FYI they also mention in the application that they would like to see a document verifying your housing costs (such as mortgage statement/tenancy statement). It does state in the application that these documents are preferred to be provided but not essential. I am going to scan and include the annual mortgage statement too, this is ok?

I know a lot of the above may be knit-picking, but just getting some confirmation that I am on the right lines with these points will bring about huge peace of mind.  All being well, I shall submit today!

Thanks guys.

1- 4 years 11 months is right.

2- Yes, that's right.

3- The answer there would be yes.  You could if you had to. It would only be no if, for example, he was permanently banned from the US. Don't worry, this would only come into play if you were refused and they then had to look at the application from a human rights point of view.

4- I'm not sure exactly what happens at the appointment but we recommend taking everything with you anyway, just in case there is a problem with any of the scans you've done.

5-Yes. It's not technically part of the requirements but if they ask for it, you should provide it if you can. Mortgage statement and council tax bill.

Not nit picking.. attention to detail, which is a good thing.  :)

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 10:00:26 PM »
Thank you guys!!!! Submitted and documents uploaded, I have my biometrics appointment on Tuesday Morning!

One thing last thing for peace of mind...

When uploading the documents we followed the Document checklist, so we uploaded Jeni's US Passport and the Spouses Declaration under the Mandatory category, and then simply uploaded everything else (clearly labelled) in the 'other' category like it indicates on the checklist and rather than in all the other sub categories, some of which were not relevant and a little confusing (Residence in the UK, Finances, Proof of Business, Life Events, Medical Information, Sponsors/Employment, Proof of Identity/Travel History, Educational).  Does this suffice?

Also, one little guide for anyone reading this... as someone mentioned on this thread previously the 'Document Checklist' is not exhaustive and if you stuck only to that you would miss out on uploading some of the evidence that is clearly required (It didn't mention to upload the Life in the UK Test, The Marriage Certificate and the Land Registry document).  Just something for future applicants to be aware of and look out for!

If you guys could help with my one last query, I will sleep easy after quite a stressful weekend!!!

Sponsored Links