Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: American with an American Food Truck  (Read 5038 times)

• Southern American Food Truck
  • Liked: 2
Re: American with an American Food Truck
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 06:21:05 PM »
Wow!  Feeling the love!   (Ahem, not able to resist the self plug here, I do private events so could park up at your house, or cook in your kitchen.  Follow me on @soulshackchicks on Insta, Facebook, or twitter no need for more than one, and my twitter is more basic).  It's been hard to not be on the road, my favourite hobby is watching people eat my food!  Right now I'm waiting to hear from councils if we are an event or a market.  A bunch of us Street Food people get together with good food, music and a bar in the evenings.  And then not sure if folks will come. One of my festivals didn't cancel until late in the game and I was on the fence about going.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 06:33:00 PM »
Ok, so what does it cost to go to a house say.....in Fort William? Having stopped along the way at everyone else’s house?

• Liked: 957
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 06:39:33 PM »
I've followed you! I'm going to guess nothing is gluten free, but if we are ever in the area my husband would enjoy it. :)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 06:51:27 PM »
I've followed you! I'm going to guess nothing is gluten free, but if we are ever in the area my husband would enjoy it. :)

Aw, thanks!  I always have GF options.  The Soul Smothered Chicken is GF as long as you get it on french fries.  A lot of the sides are GF too.. Everybody has to eat!  My pies are usually GF too, and some of my cookies.  BUT I do not sacrifice taste so you would never know, I make my own GF flour blend so that the "sharp" taste of GF isn't there.  I'm pretty passionate about making sure everyone can eat at my truck!  No exclusions!

• Liked: 8
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
Hi Soul Shack,

Welcome! I'm not on very much either but have been a member since 2013 or so when we  decided to move from my home in Texas to my hubby's home here in the UK. Very interested in hearing about your food truck and where you are located!
Apr 2010 First visit to the UK
Oct 2010 We were married
May 05 2014 Received 1st FLR (M)
May 27, 2014 Landed in the UK
July 25,2014 Started Working
January 2nd FLR M
November 28, 2019 ILR

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 06:57:19 PM »
Hi Soul Shack,

Welcome! I'm not on very much either but have been a member since 2013 or so when we  decided to move from my home in Texas to my hubby's home here in the UK. Very interested in hearing about your food truck and where you are located!

Hello Mrs Roberts! 

I moved here and back and here and back and here (last time) from South Carolina.  Love is the best reason to live here, and its why I do, because I will never give up being Southern.  We are based in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, but can make special arrangements for further afield.  :) :)

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 07:03:28 PM »
Ok, so what does it cost to go to a house say.....in Fort William? Having stopped along the way at everyone else’s house?

Haha Fort William is pretty far away!  I have no idea how much it would cost, there would be a bunch of research needed,for instance,  I would need to find suppliers up there... And I'm not sure I could get Old Rosa up there in one days drive... Slow is my mojo!  And of course it would depend on what you chose to eat! 

But I could be up for a grand tour!  How fun! 

How did you end up there?

• Liked: 424
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 07:09:20 PM »
Haha Fort William is pretty far away!  I have no idea how much it would cost, there would be a bunch of research needed,for instance,  I would need to find suppliers up there... And I'm not sure I could get Old Rosa up there in one days drive... Slow is my mojo!  And of course it would depend on what you chose to eat! 

But I could be up for a grand tour!  How fun! 

How did you end up there?

When I moved here we lived in Inverness, but job opportunities recently brought us to Fort William. Come up, pull into the drive.....I’ll pour you a drink while you relax and enjoy the views. I’ll light the fire pit, and we’ll figure out what’s for breakfast!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 07:34:32 PM »
Definitely going to follow. Any other food truck recommendations? Didn't realise there were many!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 07:41:52 PM »
Kiss of Death, Margo, and I live quite near each other.  Jimbo is a reasonable distance (40 minutes away or so), definitely keep us posted when you are back up and running.  I’m pretty sure you can twist our arms and we will come and feast at whatever market you are at!

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 08:16:42 PM »
Kiss of Death, Margo, and I live quite near each other.  Jimbo is a reasonable distance (40 minutes away or so), definitely keep us posted when you are back up and running.  I’m pretty sure you can twist our arms and we will come and feast at whatever market you are at!
Fact

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 10:12:09 PM »
Yep this. And if the food is coeliac safe all our families can enjoy it too! And there's a good contingent of expats not too far away in Hampshire as well. I have a friend who has thrown some music events up in Hitchin (the location listed on IG) so I may be that direction too when life in public is safe again. :)

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »
Definitely going to follow. Any other food truck recommendations? Didn't realise there were many!

There are many of us located around here anyway.  What kind of food do you want to eat???  I've got my favs that's for sure!  haha we eat like kings.  Usually, we grab something from another trader or at the end of the night we swap leftovers.  It was funny when one night we we all sold out and the dumpling guy turns to me and says "We're going to have to grab a kabab on the way home."  Jack's Smoke Shack for Brisket.  The Weeping Chef for Burgers, but my husband's favorite is Cafe 77, Emilio's for Shwarma, Now Now Bunny Chow for South African,  Pink Pinata for Mexican, and Wood Fired Wonders for pizza.  And if your lucky because they don't get out much... Neapolitan Pizza - the best!  Did I miss a food group?  ooh Crepe Franglaise for crepes. 

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 11:40:43 AM »

What kind of food do you want to eat???

All of it! (Except maybe vegan/veggie only stuff). I am absolutely drooling now!

My, how time flies....

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 11:44:13 AM »
Yep this. And if the food is coeliac safe all our families can enjoy it too! And there's a good contingent of expats not too far away in Hampshire as well. I have a friend who has thrown some music events up in Hitchin (the location listed on IG) so I may be that direction too when life in public is safe again. :)

Margo, who is your friend?  Music Event... Rhythms of the World?  I was head of Stage Management at it for years!  Even when I lived in the US I came back for it.

Sponsored Links