Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New Englander Considering a Move to Scotland!  (Read 8794 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: New Englander Considering a Move to Scotland!
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2020, 10:37:53 AM »
They're good with 'I will have a Medium Regular'  ;D

Regular meaning coffee with cream and sugar, for anyone who isn't from New England!
Hahah i think size + regular is always safe. Try to get anything outside that and you're up the creek as they say. But the hilarious bit is that you still go back as well after countless wrong orders because "that's just dunks"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2020, 11:44:57 AM »
We've got a Tim Hortons here in Glasgow, and another in nearby Paisley.  LOVE Tim-bits!
LOL @Tim-bits:  it's only funny in Glasgow, where 'Tim' is slang for a Roman Catholic or a Celtic FC supporter!  [smiley=laugh3.gif]

• Liked: 768
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2020, 08:37:55 PM »
Might all be down here in England. Don't waste your carbs on British dunks. Not worth it just go full Krispy Kreme.

I hate Krispy Kreme. I like cake donuts, not yeast donuts so much.

And Tim Hortons chocolate filled TimBits are absolutely honking. The chemical taste is overwhelming.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2020, 08:39:34 PM »
Growing up had 'Mister Donut' donuts - as one of the bakers was friends with my Mom and he used to drop them off on Saturdays on his way home.  Those donuts were beyond incredible.
All defunct now in USA, except for one in Godfrey, IL. They're apparently all over Japan!
We had a Mister Donuts in Florida.  They were my #1 preferred donut growing up.

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2020, 08:40:57 PM »
OMG!!!
Tantrum do cake 'old fashioned' doughnuts!!!!

https://www.tantrumdoughnuts.com/menu
Lmfao.  I saw your post about cake donuts after I posted that I don't really like yeast donuts but love cake donuts.

I've had the old fashioned donuts from Tantrum... they are good!!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2020, 07:58:07 PM »

Unpopular opinion - i don't even think it's that good and i don't know why i was absolutely addicted to it for so much of my life (i imagine it was because i'd just dump so much sugar into my already syrup'd coffee - french vanilla baby!) One day i got it and it just tasted burnt and awful and i stopped going to dunks LOL

Also. Is it just where i was from or is part of the dunkies experience that you NEVER get the coffee right even when you've had to explain it 5 times? Like "one large french vanilla iced coffee, please?" "That'll be one small green tea with milk" what?! No! "So one coffee coolata, you got it!"

Everything you said here is so relatable! They really so often do not get the order right. I learned years ago to remember exactly how I want it, including how many pumps of flavor in it. Even still, they never hear/care and it never comes out the same from one dunks to the next.

And you're right, their coffee really isn't that good. I have done a lot of working around the US and I found whenever I went anywhere outside of New England for an extended time I missed dunks so much. I would actively seek one out, but then get disappointed that they never tasted as good as 'back home'. Looking back now, I think they never tasted as good because I had given myself a detox from Dunks long enough to learn what real coffee should taste like haha

• Liked: 957
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2020, 08:34:36 PM »
This thread inspired me to include doughnuts in my next gluten free bread order (they do cakes and such too). Hoping they don't disappoint!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2020, 08:42:16 PM »

Looking back now, I think they never tasted as good because I had given myself a detox from Dunks long enough to learn what real coffee should taste like haha

Same! The longer you stip drinking it for, the less you miss it. When i would get free Starbucks between my friend working there and the subscribers who would come in to the comic/media shop i worked in hooking me up at the local Starbucks meaning I didn't have to rely on a cheap dunkies meant that i drank it less to virtually never so going back to having it i was like yahhNOOoOO! I will now take pretty much anything BUT dunks honeydew, local coffee shops, and starbucks only when i visit and i've got my siblings and even mom converted hahaha

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »
I was addicted to DD Kahlua Coolatta. Then they stopped selling them.

I do like the Donut Shop type coffee pods for the Keurig.

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2020, 09:24:23 PM »
I was addicted to DD Kahlua Coolatta. Then they stopped selling them.

I do like the Donut Shop type coffee pods for the Keurig.

I always had an XL iced french vanilla with cream and seventythree trillion sugars this is back when i worked in retail and my body could live off cigarettes, iced coffee, and the occassional taco bell alone LOL

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 585
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2020, 10:11:44 AM »
Reminds me of when I was working in the parts department of a Harley-Davidson dealership... I lived off  Super Big Gulp iced tea (or sometimes Diet Coke), and a couple of shrimp tacos from the local taqueria, and I was like a monkey climbing those shelves in the warehouse!  ;D

As you mentioned iced coffee, KoD.... I've recently become addicted to cold brew coffee and yesterday ordered a cold brew coffee jug-thing with a built-in permanent filter.  It should arrive on Friday, so I'm excited for that!

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2020, 10:23:41 AM »
Reminds me of when I was working in the parts department of a Harley-Davidson dealership... I lived off  Super Big Gulp iced tea (or sometimes Diet Coke), and a couple of shrimp tacos from the local taqueria, and I was like a monkey climbing those shelves in the warehouse!  ;D

As you mentioned iced coffee, KoD.... I've recently become addicted to cold brew coffee and yesterday ordered a cold brew coffee jug-thing with a built-in permanent filter.  It should arrive on Friday, so I'm excited for that!
I feel like trying to explain ice coffee to the english is tiring i have to explain that in new england, we'll shovel out 5 ft of snow just to get to a dunks for an iced coffee hahaha we basically make a pot of coffee every day or 2 and put it in the fridge.

My, how time flies....

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »

I have the Kitchen Aid cold brew maker. Absolutely love it. I fresh grind my locally fresh roasted beans and it makes a really lovely cold brew.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2020, 11:06:32 AM »
I love iced tea, but I really don't have a huge thing for iced coffee.  I like it enough if it's all blended with ice and sugary and full of cream, ala Coolata/Frapuccio, but that's not exactly healthy to have it all the time that way. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »
I love iced tea, but I really don't have a huge thing for iced coffee.  I like it enough if it's all blended with ice and sugary and full of cream, ala Coolata/Frapuccio, but that's not exactly healthy to have it all the time that way.
Not enough coffee in those for me haha

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab