Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BRP Expired (FLR)  (Read 1549 times)

• Liked: 4
BRP Expired (FLR)
« on: January 09, 2021, 04:47:53 PM »
Hello everyone!
I am back and feeling like a massive idiot.
My husband and I decided to sit down today to work on the FLR only to discover that my BRP expired 5 days ago!

I am in a panic.

We have started the FLR application but I am too scared to submit as we do not fully have our documents in order yet and obviously I have allowed my BRP to expire.

Any advice?

I do not have a family death that prevented me from completing it or an illness which hospitalized me. I'm just a dick. 

Edit- I have all of my documents sorted. Aside from a work letter for my husband which we hope to procure Monday. I have listed myself as not working as I just started a new job last Monday. Should I change that?
Will they even accept my application with an expired BRP??
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:05:07 PM by kirbyeager90 »

• Liked: 6110
Re: BRP Expired (FLR)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 07:31:28 PM »
Hello everyone!
I am back and feeling like a massive idiot.
My husband and I decided to sit down today to work on the FLR only to discover that my BRP expired 5 days ago!

I am in a panic.

We have started the FLR application but I am too scared to submit as we do not fully have our documents in order yet and obviously I have allowed my BRP to expire.

Any advice?

I do not have a family death that prevented me from completing it or an illness which hospitalized me. I'm just a dick. 

Edit- I have all of my documents sorted. Aside from a work letter for my husband which we hope to procure Monday. I have listed myself as not working as I just started a new job last Monday. Should I change that?
Will they even accept my application with an expired BRP??

I think you should give Medivisas a call on Monday and see what they say. 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 07:42:32 PM »
Unfortunately you will need a lawyer (we recommend Medivisas) as you are now an overstayer.  Crazy, I know, but it is what it is.

They *did* allow grace during the first lockdown but haven’t with subsequent lockdowns.

I’m sure a well written solicitor letter will solve the problem. At least they will be able to guide you (we are only comfortable with straightforward applications).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

• Liked: 16
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 09:43:51 PM »
I just started a new job last Monday.

Someone may say I’m totally off-base, but as far as I understand the rules, if your BRP is expired (so you no longer have a visa), you can’t work or use the NHS.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 10:01:40 PM »
Someone may say I’m totally off-base, but as far as I understand the rules, if your BRP is expired (so you no longer have a visa), you can’t work or use the NHS.

No, you are correct.  The OP no longer has a valid visa or protection from 3c.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 01:16:17 PM »
I think you should give Medivisas a call on Monday and see what they say.

Thank you. That is what I will do. I have saved their number in my phone so I can give them a call tomorrow.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 01:17:25 PM »
Unfortunately you will need a lawyer (we recommend Medivisas) as you are now an overstayer.  Crazy, I know, but it is what it is.

They *did* allow grace during the first lockdown but haven’t with subsequent lockdowns.

I’m sure a well written solicitor letter will solve the problem. At least they will be able to guide you (we are only comfortable with straightforward applications).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

Thank you so much. I have their number and will call tomorrow. I am super worried about the job I just procured (amongst other things). You guys are absolute lifesavers,

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 01:17:52 PM »

Thank you. ):

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 03:12:02 PM »

Thank you so much. I have their number and will call tomorrow. I am super worried about the job I just procured (amongst other things). You guys are absolute lifesavers,

See what Medivisas says but you will likely need to take a break until your FLR(M) is approved.  Hopefully they’ll hold the role.  Have they not asked for a copy of your BRP? 

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 09:24:31 PM »
I am hoping that is exactly what they will do. I don't know if its legally possible but I am going to offer to go in just to shadow (unpaid) so that my training can continue.
I started on the same day my visa expired actually, the 4th, and on the day the person responsible for such things was ill- so it was all to be done later- and since then another lockdown has happened so no. They have yet to see any of identifying information. Just the CV.

We both feel so stupid. We just talked about getting this done in August and since then his terminally ill father took a turn for the worst and in November I was wrongfully dismissed for gross misconduct- so then we were dealing with settling that and the next thing I knew well... we are here.

Thank you so much for your advice.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 11:28:17 AM »
I am hoping that is exactly what they will do. I don't know if its legally possible but I am going to offer to go in just to shadow (unpaid) so that my training can continue.
I started on the same day my visa expired actually, the 4th, and on the day the person responsible for such things was ill- so it was all to be done later- and since then another lockdown has happened so no. They have yet to see any of identifying information. Just the CV.

We both feel so stupid. We just talked about getting this done in August and since then his terminally ill father took a turn for the worst and in November I was wrongfully dismissed for gross misconduct- so then we were dealing with settling that and the next thing I knew well... we are here.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Just remember work of any kind, paid or not paid, is now illegal. Please call Medivisas ASAP.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 10:04:08 PM »
I have spoken with Medivisas today and signed up for services. The solicitor sounds confident about my chances of staying.

I have loose plans to quit tomorrow.

Thank you all again so much.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 10:08:20 PM »
I’m so glad you spoke to them. They won’t lead you astray. Keep us posted.

And memorise the date you can apply for ILR!  Like tattoo it on your hand if you need to.   :D

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 10:42:44 AM »
lol!

I will NEVER be in this situation again. I can hardly believe I'm in it now!!

I am still waiting to hear back from the solicitor ref work. I am not sure how to handle this. I am currently at home (not at work) because I am waiting on a Covid test. So... They wouldn't exactly welcome me going up there.

An email seems better than a phone call but either way I go about it this sucks.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 03:01:38 PM »
lol!

I will NEVER be in this situation again. I can hardly believe I'm in it now!!

I am still waiting to hear back from the solicitor ref work. I am not sure how to handle this. I am currently at home (not at work) because I am waiting on a Covid test. So... They wouldn't exactly welcome me going up there.

An email seems better than a phone call but either way I go about it this sucks.
Given the fines your employer can face (their fault for not checking the BRP), the sooner you notify them the better. I hope the solicitors get back to you quickly!

Sponsored Links