Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Spousal Visa  (Read 6649 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: UK Spousal Visa
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2021, 02:12:53 PM »
Hi, I’ve not been on in a while, I wasn’t sure if I’d need to start a new thread or if I can just ask in here but we’re gathering our evidence so we have something every 3 or 4 months and I’m a bit confused about something.

Welcome back :). It's best to keep everything in this thread, because then all your information is on one page... otherwise if you start a new thread, we have to go hunting down the old one as well to remember what was discussed previously.

I get Bank Statements from the RBS and I ask them to mail them to me but they’re the ones that are like half of an A4 sheet and they have no date at the top but they have the dates of transactions, RBS insist they are their statements though but aren’t on letterhead. Since these come to the house can they be used as correspondence? My husband gets a Bank of Scotland one and it looks totally different to his! So I just wondered if they can be used or maybe not  :(

If they were received in the mail, they can be used as correspondence... because the important part for correspondence is not what they look like, but that they were received in the mail.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »
Welcome back :). It's best to keep everything in this thread, because then all your information is on one page... otherwise if you start a new thread, we have to go hunting down the old one as well to remember what was discussed previously.

If they were received in the mail, they can be used as correspondence... because the important part for correspondence is not what they look like, but that they were received in the mail.
Hello! Thank you so much! I still can’t believe we got the visa over six months ago now, all thanks to you and everyone else’s help!  :D This forum is amazing! The next thing we will be looking for in a couple of months will be help with the US Taxes  :\\\'( haha.

That makes me feel a lot better, I’ve been a bit worried about them, they’ve got statement dates etc so should be fine too hopefully! I’ve got a big folder now with all our correspondence. It’s been filling up  ;D ;D

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2021, 02:21:25 PM »
Hello! Thank you so much! I still can’t believe we got the visa over six months ago now, all thanks to you and everyone else’s help!  :D This forum is amazing! The next thing we will be looking for in a couple of months will be help with the US Taxes  :\\\'( haha.

Ah, that'll teach me for not reading up the thread... I thought you were in the process of preparing an application for a new visa :P.

Either way though, any odd visa-related questions you have (like the one you just posted) are still probably best posted in this thread for now.

When it's time to start applying for your next visa, it's a good idea to start a new thread for that particular application, so the information and advice doesn't get confused with the first application.

And for questions about US taxes, you'd be best starting a new topic in the tax forum.

That makes me feel a lot better, I’ve been a bit worried about them, they’ve got statement dates etc so should be fine too hopefully! I’ve got a big folder now with all our correspondence. It’s been filling up  ;D ;D

Yep, as long as the statements are paper ones received in the post and not issued only online, they're good :).

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2021, 02:30:42 PM »
Ah, that'll teach me for not reading up the thread... I thought you were in the process of preparing an application for a new visa :P.

Either way though, any odd visa-related questions you have (like the one you just posted) are still probably best posted in this thread for now.

When it's time to start applying for your next visa, it's a good idea to start a new thread for that particular application, so the information and advice doesn't get confused with the first application.

And for questions about US taxes, you'd be best starting a new topic in the tax forum.

Yep, as long as the statements are paper ones received in the post and not issued only online, they're good :).
Thank you so much! And even though they don’t have the date at the top of the letter will that be ok? like they list the statements through the month so like September - October for example but they have both our names on them and come in the mail regularly  :D

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2021, 02:42:15 PM »
Thank you so much! And even though they don’t have the date at the top of the letter will that be ok? like they list the statements through the month so like September - October for example but they have both our names on them and come in the mail regularly  :D
As long as they show the period they cover, it’ll be fine… and for the correspondence, they will count for the last date shown on the statement.

For example, if the statement covers September to October 2021 it will only count for October 2021, as that is when it will have been mailed to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2022, 04:42:53 PM »
Hi! I haven’t posted on this in so long, I wasn’t sure if I need to start a new topic but I can’t believe how quickly time has passed. I had a query re bank accs and just thought I ask here… my husband has his own bank account and I turned my one in to a joint account with him but he hasn’t started using it yet, like his pay goes in to his own account because the company he works for was quite bad at changing things, so we just left it all as is. Basically, is that okay do you think? Or should we really be using it as joint? I worry about things sometimes  ::)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2022, 04:45:11 PM »
Hi! I haven’t posted on this in so long, I wasn’t sure if I need to start a new topic but I can’t believe how quickly time has passed. I had a query re bank accs and just thought I ask here… my husband has his own bank account and I turned my one in to a joint account with him but he hasn’t started using it yet, like his pay goes in to his own account because the company he works for was quite bad at changing things, so we just left it all as is. Basically, is that okay do you think? Or should we really be using it as joint? I worry about things sometimes  ::)

Having both names on the account is good enough, he doesn't need to be actively using it. Even individual statements to the same address is fine.

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2022, 04:55:23 PM »
Having both names on the account is good enough, he doesn't need to be actively using it. Even individual statements to the same address is fine.
Thank you so much, phew! I’m a worrier lol! He gets his ones in each month & we get our joint one too  ;D I can’t believe how quick the time is going by

Sponsored Links