Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Spousal Visa  (Read 6644 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: UK Spousal Visa
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2021, 09:19:38 AM »
I also wondered should I submit payslips from my Role on the Staff Bank.  I work if any shifts come up so on my December Bank Statement it’ll show my main role but also has the Bank earnings... should I just add a note on my letter explaining it? I’ve not printed that payslip off because I’ve not got six months worth of them of course. It’s usually just once every couple of months depending on staffing!

If you meet the financial requirement without that payslip, then you shouldn't need to include it.  UKVI should only check your bank statements for the specific deposits that are listed on the payslips you actually provide, and they should ignore all the other transactions on your bank statements.

Having said that, if you want to add a note in your letter explaining it, and that you meet the requirement without including those payslips, you can.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2021, 06:29:55 PM »
Hello, so i got my payslip today, i officially am at that 6 month mark now.
So I have July 27
August 27
September 27
October 27
November 27
December 27
January 27

Can I go to the bank tomorrow and get the bank statements printed off and signed? I just don't know how many days etc I have to wait, as we aren't actually applying til Feb 1 to be on the safe side so would it have to be Feb 1 or later?  Just wondering how to work this. I haven't received my employment letter yet but that's gonna be dated Feb 1. I get confused over all these things, thank you for keeping me right!

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 06:37:05 PM »
Hello, so i got my payslip today, i officially am at that 6 month mark now.
So I have July 27
August 27
September 27
October 27
November 27
December 27
January 27

Great news :).

Can I go to the bank tomorrow and get the bank statements printed off and signed? I just don't know how many days etc I have to wait, as we aren't actually applying til Feb 1 to be on the safe side so would it have to be Feb 1 or later?  Just wondering how to work this. I haven't received my employment letter yet but that's gonna be dated Feb 1. I get confused over all these things, thank you for keeping me right!

It doesn't matter when you go to the bank to get the statements. If you want to go tomorrow, then go tomorrow.

The only thing that matters for the statements is that the latest one shows the January 27th payslip deposit on it... so it can be printed from today onwards.

If you are applying on February 1st, you just have to make sure that the latest payslip, bank statement and the employer letter are all dated between 4th January and 1st February.

In your case, you will have:
Latest payslip = 27th January
Latest bank statement = 28th January
Employer letter = 1st February

They will all be dated within the 4th Jan to 1st Feb window, so they will all meet the requirements

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 07:05:16 PM »
Thank you! so, is the 28 days for documents, would that be from today since I have my latest payslip dated today? It's been really confusing me for some reason! Sorry, I feel like such a pain! Like, we could even apply after Feb 1? that was just a random date we had in mind but we want to apply at the earliest date really! but I dont have the employment letter just yet so waiting on that

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2021, 07:25:33 PM »
Thank you! so, is the 28 days for documents, would that be from today since I have my latest payslip dated today? It's been really confusing me for some reason! Sorry, I feel like such a pain! Like, we could even apply after Feb 1? that was just a random date we had in mind but we want to apply at the earliest date really! but I dont have the employment letter just yet so waiting on that

You can apply whenever you like... or more accurately, whenever you have all the documents and are ready. You just need to make sure that your financial documents are within the 28-day window on the date you apply.

The requirement is that the most recent financial documents cannot be more than 28 days old on the day you apply online.

So, you can think of it in 2 ways:

1. Decide when you will apply online based on the date of your latest payslip:
i.e. "My latest payslip is dated 27th January, so I have until 24th February (28 days) to submit my online application."

or

2. Decide what date you want to submit your online application, and then make sure your financial documents are not more than 28 days old on that date:
i.e. "I will be applying on 1st February, therefore my latest payslip, bank statement and employer letter must be dated no earlier than 4th January" (28 days before 1st Feb)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 07:30:35 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2021, 08:58:57 AM »
You can apply whenever you like... or more accurately, whenever you have all the documents and are ready. You just need to make sure that your financial documents are within the 28-day window on the date you apply.

The requirement is that the most recent financial documents cannot be more than 28 days old on the day you apply online.

So, you can think of it in 2 ways:

1. Decide when you will apply online based on the date of your latest payslip:
i.e. "My latest payslip is dated 27th January, so I have until 24th February (28 days) to submit my online application."

or

2. Decide what date you want to submit your online application, and then make sure your financial documents are not more than 28 days old on that date:
i.e. "I will be applying on 1st February, therefore my latest payslip, bank statement and employer letter must be dated no earlier than 4th January" (28 days before 1st Feb)

Thank you so much! You have been so helpful! I was also thinking too, probably over thinking things hahah! But I managed to find how to print my statements myself so was gonna just print them off and get signed but I took my husbands surname upon marriage, so my bank still has my maiden name because I hadn’t managed to go in yet with these opening hours.

Will that  be okay or does it need to be in my new surname? I just wasn’t sure if they check for that or something :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:29:21 PM by pandaloverx »

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2021, 09:31:13 PM »
And also, if the bank sent me my statements in the mail, would I still need the pages stamped or can I just scan them? It’ll be on headed paper etc. I get so worried over things like this, just want it all to be perfect :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2021, 09:33:38 PM »
And also, if the bank sent me my statements in the mail, would I still need the pages stamped or can I just scan them? It’ll be on headed paper etc. I get so worried over things like this, just want it all to be perfect :)

If they are originals sent though the post, there is nothing you need to do, they are ready to be scanned.

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2021, 09:12:53 AM »
If they are originals sent though the post, there is nothing you need to do, they are ready to be scanned.
I just realised they’re sending me a transaction history, not my statements, apparently this is something separate! So I’ve just gone ahead and printed off my statements myself but I’ve only got them in black and white as not got coloured ink - is this a problem or would they need to be coloured? I’ll get them stamped at the bank and can get a letter from them if needed.

Will it still be okay being in my maiden name? As far as I could see it should be, I couldn’t see any info on it but just wondered :)

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2021, 09:17:50 AM »
I just realised they’re sending me a transaction history, not my statements, apparently this is something separate!

A transaction history may be okay if it shows the payslip deposit(s), but if you're concerned about it, it's fine to get your printed statements stamped/including a letter from the bank instead.

So I’ve just gone ahead and printed off my statements myself but I’ve only got them in black and white as not got coloured ink - is this a problem or would they need to be coloured? I’ll get them stamped at the bank and can get a letter from them if needed.

No, I don't think they need to be coloured, as long as they are verified by the bank either by being stamped on every page or accompanied by a letter of authenticity

Will it still be okay being in my maiden name? As far as I could see it should be, I couldn’t see any info on it but just wondered :)

It's fine. You'll be including your marriage certificate which will show your maiden name, so they will know you are the same person on all the documents.

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2021, 01:33:01 PM »
A transaction history may be okay if it shows the payslip deposit(s), but if you're concerned about it, it's fine to get your printed statements stamped/including a letter from the bank instead.

No, I don't think they need to be coloured, as long as they are verified by the bank either by being stamped on every page or accompanied by a letter of authenticity

It's fine. You'll be including your marriage certificate which will show your maiden name, so they will know you are the same person on all the documents.

I went to the bank earlier this morning and I got my bank statements printed by the bank as the man there said that’s probably best... though I said electronic is probably okay with stamps anyway haha but he stamped each page and he couldn’t actually go further back before 3 August.
So he printed another page which says transactions list I think, then stamped that page? Should this be okay? It clearly shows the wage going in and is stamped by the bank but all the other pages are statements so I was a little worried.

It says “EXTENDED TRANSACTION HISTORY SEARCH” at the top and this is from 20 July to 3 August and clearly shows my wage going in on 27 July etc. The rest of the months are clear bank statements as he was able to get these. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:24:55 PM by pandaloverx »

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2021, 05:33:02 PM »
Ugh I just noticed they printed the transaction history (though I asked for statements) so each page says account transaction details but the ones I printed said statement. He said he couldn’t stamp any print outs til my name was changed! I’m getting SO stressed :(

Will I need to get these redone?

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2021, 05:47:04 PM »
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

The transaction history has been printed by the bank and stamped to confirm it is authentic. As long as your name and account details are on there, it covers the entire 6 months, and all the payslip deposits are shown, I don't see why it would be an issue.

The guidance in Appendix FM 1.7 does not state what format the statements must be in (i.e. monthly statement or transaction history), it just states that they need to be on official bank stationery (or stamped on each page) and that they must cover the entire period you are relying on.

From Appendix FM 1.7:

Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

The bank statements must cover the specified periods as described in the Immigration Rules for each of the sources of income relied upon.

And Appendix FM-SE (the full evidence specification document) states:

1. In relation to evidencing the financial requirements in Appendix FM the following general provisions shall apply:

(a) Bank statements must:
   (i) be from a financial institution to which Appendix Finance applies.
   (ii) DELETED.
  (iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:
      (1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
      (2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent’s partner, the applicant’s parent or both as appropriate; or
      (3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant’s sponsor or the applicant, unless otherwise stated.
  (iv) cover the period(s) specified.
  (v) be:
      (1) on official bank stationery; or
      (2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

(aa) Where a bank statement is specified in this Appendix, a building society statement, a building society pass book, a letter from the applicant’s bank or building society, or a letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority or, for overseas accounts, the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which the institution operates and the funds are located, may be submitted as an alternative to a bank statement(s) provided that:

(1) the requirements in paragraph 1(a)(i)-(iv) are met as if the document were a bank statement; and
      (2) a building society pass book must clearly show:
          (i) the account number;
         (ii) the building society’s name and logo; and
         (iii) the information required on transactions, funds held and time period(s) or as otherwise specified in this Appendix in relation
to bank statements; and/or
      (3) a letter must be on the headed stationery of the bank, building society or other financial institution and must clearly show:
         (i) the account number,
         (ii) the date of the letter;
        (iii) the financial institution’s name and logo; and
        (iv) the information required on transactions, funds held and time period(s) or as otherwise specified in this Appendix in relation to bank statements.

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2021, 06:15:24 PM »
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

The transaction history has been printed by the bank and stamped to confirm it is authentic. As long as your name and account details are on there, it covers the entire 6 months, and all the payslip deposits are shown, I don't see why it would be an issue.

The guidance in Appendix FM 1.7 does not state what format the statements must be in (i.e. monthly statement or transaction history), it just states that they need to be on official bank stationery (or stamped on each page) and that they must cover the entire period you are relying on.

From Appendix FM 1.7:

And Appendix FM-SE (the full evidence specification document) states:

That makes me feel so much better! I had a look down the list and it says Statement prduced on each month like where it says 22nd of each month and clearly shows my pay going in, all stamped, so hopefully they’ll accept it!

Since he wasn’t able to print July 22 since it was too far back, he printed the “Extended transaction history” and that’s stamped and shows my pay too!

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2021, 07:32:27 AM »
I have another question, sorry! I was wondering can we apply today? The employment letter hasn’t arrived yet but should be coming on Tuesday. As long as it’s dated within 28 days would it be okay just to upload that before biometrics?

Sponsored Links