Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do I need to file a tax return?  (Read 403 times)

• Liked: 49
Do I need to file a tax return?
« on: February 21, 2021, 10:41:24 PM »
Message modified. I did not realize that I posted this twice. It has been pointed out to me. I could not find my original post but it has been sent and answered. It would not let me remove my post so I am just modifying it. Thanks for the answers on it yet as I can see it is a confusing topic for many people.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:36:13 PM by missially »

• Liked: 722
Re: Do I need to file a tax return?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 11:08:46 PM »
Do I need to file a tax return to get this upcoming stimulus? Is there still a way to get the previous one? I work part-time here and have not filed a tax return since I have earned wages in the UK. I have a US bank account that has my UK address attached to it. I followed up but did not hear back from a previous inquiry Thanks for any help..

You already asked the same question today on the same forum.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=99069.0
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 6111
Re: Do I need to file a tax return?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 05:51:33 AM »
Do I need to file a tax return to get this upcoming stimulus? Is there still a way to get the previous one? I work part-time here and have not filed a tax return since I have earned wages in the UK. I have a US bank account that has my UK address attached to it. I followed up but did not hear back from a previous inquiry Thanks for any help..

From the IRS website.

.I have a tax filing obligation but have not filed my tax return for 2018 or 2019. Can I still receive an economic impact payment?

Yes. The IRS urges anyone with a tax filing obligation who has not yet filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019 to file as soon as they can to receive an economic impact payment. Taxpayers should include direct deposit banking information on the return.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Read Guya's posts in the links to your earlier threads for the best way to go about it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab