Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa - Starting paperwork!  (Read 4569 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Fiance Visa - Starting paperwork!
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2021, 04:36:53 PM »
Well, it seems the application only requires the two most recent trips (which were layovers) but I included those.

It didn't ask for the other trips I had.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2021, 05:00:38 PM »
Layovers don’t normally count unless you actually entered the country and left the airport between flights, meaning you had to return to the airport, check in for the connecting flight, and go through security again before getting on the flight to the UK/US.

If you simply had a connecting flight and you did not leave the airport at all, then you did not officially enter the country and therefore you did not visit it.

So, personally, unless you spent time outside the airport in any of those countries, I would only include your week-long trip to Canada and none of the layovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2021, 06:08:24 PM »
Thank you, yeah it's what I went with.

Another question, my fiances work apparently is updating their work contracts (nothing is changing in terms of pay/employment status), just adding a few extra benefits, etc, but they want it done by the 25th of May.

We're applying on the 1st of June, and I'm not sure if this would mess anything up? Since it would show the contract as the 25th of May, 2021.

She can keep it postponed until we apply on the 1st of June, but are we making an issue of something that shouldn't be?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2021, 06:18:16 PM »
There is no requirement to provide her job contract (it’s optional), so I wouldn’t worry about it.

The employer letter will confirm her start date, and her payslips will show she has been working at the company for the last 6 months anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2021, 10:45:53 PM »
Heya,

Bit of a panic at the moment. Her most current payslip came through, as we're applying on the 1st of June.

She took a sick day, and this payslip has everything a little different than all the others.

Under taxable pay, instead of always showing 1550, it's 1478.45, and with non-taxable pay 63.73, coming to a total of 1542.18

But above it, under "payments" and "basic pay", it shows 1550

I'll post a link to what it looks like. Will this be an issue?

She's on salaried pay, as we're applying under Cat A.

https://imgur.com/ZcECjzv

Just to give you an example of what the others tend to look like.

https://imgur.com/8wEXBRI
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:04:56 AM by Morlu22 »

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2021, 11:29:01 PM »
So I've been told that the last payslip will not work (ugh ugh ugh), so now we have to adjust how we're applying.

@ksand24 Would this work out with Cat A + D?

Because of the pitfall of the last payslip, if combining savings, we need £18,148.

She has three accounts. One is a Virgin Money ISA, with £15k, and the other is an NS&I Premium Bonds, with £1200. Both of them have had that amount for well over 6 months (ISA £££ was inherited from the grandmother years ago). On Dec 23rd of last year, her mother gave her £5000 because she owed her from when my fiance loaned it to her years ago for surgery.

She kept the majority of the £5000 in her Barclay's checking account, and on Feb 15th, transferred it to her NS&I Premium Bonds account. Then a few months later, withdrew £1500, but never falling below £4200, so still meeting the requirement of £18,148.

Now (sigh) I just found out that the NS&I Premium Bonds account won't count per the guidelines, so we'd need to liquidate that account move it to either her checking, or ISA.

Say we move it back to her checking, will this all work?

Her Barclays bank statements run from the 18th to the 18th. So I was thinking this:

Barclays Bank Statements: 18th Nov to 18th of June (then a partial statement from 18th June to 1st July). This would cover the original transaction of receiving the £5000 on Dec 23rd, her bank statements showing her payslips going in, the transfer of the £5000 on the 15th Feb, and the receiving of the funds again from the NS&I Bonds months later (£4200)

Virgin Money ISA: This money was inheritance money from years ago, so simply six bank statements from the 1st of Dec to 1st of July, as they won't do the 18th to 18th because it's now how they do their bank transcripts, that pertained only to Barclays. Would that be fine?

NS&I Premium Bonds: We'd use the same timeline as the ISA, 1st of Dec to 1st of June though, showing the original £1200, the receiving of the £5000 on Feb 15th, and the liquidation of the money at the end of May.

It sounds convoluted, but I found nothing in the guidelines that said you can't transfer the money you plan on using as savings between accounts held in your name and never falling below the threshold you require. Would this all be fine?

If so, we could possibly apply near the first week of July, after receiving the 31st June payslip, updated bank statements from Barclays and Virgin Money ISA.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 11:34:46 PM by Morlu22 »

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2021, 02:42:08 PM »
PAYSLIP UPDATE:

Sheesh! It's been a crazy past week for my fiance and me.

After talking with HR/accounting Friday (with a bit of a mental breakdown) we found out this morning THEY ADJUSTED the payslip, updated it with HR, and sent her the new payslip showing the taxable pay as £1550, thus meeting the requirement !!!

They are going to adjust the unpaid leave and swap it for holiday pay next month, so June's payslip won't be hurt by being deducted or anything either.

Our one concern is the discrepancy between the updated payslip net £££ and the amount that had already gone into her bank account last week. It's a difference of £49.

How could the employer explain this so we have no problems with ECO?

Thanks!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2021, 03:22:58 PM »
Perhaps they could explain it as an administrative error? If it was.

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2021, 03:44:41 PM »
Perhaps they could explain it as an administrative error? If it was.

Yeah, I had thought about the administrative error, but theoretically it was just them adjusting it for us so it wouldn't mess up our timeline to apply, and swapping out the unpaid leave as holiday pay, and just adding the discrepancy of pay into the next month's payslip.

So I wasn't sure if it would be best for her employer to just say admin error or an error in holiday pay that'll adjust into her next payslip?

Thankfully HR and her boss are being more than understanding and helping in this sutation. Has been a life saver!

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2021, 04:37:25 AM »
Hey everyone!

My final checklist. We're applying next Tuesday (excited/nervous).

Does everything look alright?

Accommodation:

– Tenancy Agreement
– Landlord Letter

Financial Evidence:

– 6 months payslips
– 6 months bank statements

Additional Documents:

– Applicant Cover Letter
– Applicant Passport
– Document Checklist (unsigned)

Proof of Relationship:

– Holiday and Birthday Cards
– Chat Log
– Flights
– 3 Photos
– Registry Confirmation Emails
– Reception Venue Booking Emails

Employment Evidence:

– Employment Letter
– Employment Contract

Sponsor Evidence:

– Sponsor Cover Letter
– Sponsor Passport (bio page)

Thanks again @ksand24 @larrabee and @KFdancer for all your help. Life savers!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »
Yeah, I had thought about the administrative error, but theoretically it was just them adjusting it for us so it wouldn't mess up our timeline to apply, and swapping out the unpaid leave as holiday pay, and just adding the discrepancy of pay into the next month's payslip.

So I wasn't sure if it would be best for her employer to just say admin error or an error in holiday pay that'll adjust into her next payslip?

Thankfully HR and her boss are being more than understanding and helping in this sutation. Has been a life saver!

Which one was on the report the employer submits to HMRC?  That’s the one that matters to match. How they explain the pay discrepancy is fine, just make sure when they compare the report with the report HMRC received that the taxable income matches.

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2021, 07:34:34 AM »
Which one was on the report the employer submits to HMRC?  That’s the one that matters to match. How they explain the pay discrepancy is fine, just make sure when they compare the report with the report HMRC received that the taxable income matches.

The employment letter just stated that it was an administrative error, and that'll it will be rectified on June's payslip. Also in that letter, she stated the exact amount that was the discrepancy between the payslip and bank received income.

Will that be sufficient?

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2021, 05:33:38 PM »
Figured I would let everyone know, but I got the fiance visa just yesterday. Was incredibly anxious, but all went well. Can't thank you all enough!

All in all, with priority, it took 32WD's

The discrepancy with the May payslip was explained in the letter, and the ECO never even called about it (which I was expecting a call), so that was cool.

Going into the UK, I don't need my passport stamped or anything correct? Seeing as I'm entering with a fiance visa and not a spouse.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2021, 05:44:49 PM »
Figured I would let everyone know, but I got the fiance visa just yesterday. Was incredibly anxious, but all went well. Can't thank you all enough!

All in all, with priority, it took 32WD's

The discrepancy with the May payslip was explained in the letter, and the ECO never even called about it (which I was expecting a call), so that was cool.

Going into the UK, I don't need my passport stamped or anything correct? Seeing as I'm entering with a fiance visa and not a spouse.

Congratulations! Correct, your 5 years to ILR starts with the grant of your FLR. Safe journey!

Sponsored Links