Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where can I get American food in London and the UK  (Read 208572 times)

• Liked: 7
Re: Where can I get American food in London and the UK
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2005, 07:47:19 PM »
Anybody seen "rich chocolate" Ovaltine?
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2005, 06:27:38 AM »

There is a few online options but they are bit pricey.

http://www.skyco.uk.com/

Good luck

One thing about Skyco... you can place your order on the internet, but they dont take payment over the internet (why?!), so you have to phone them later and give your credit card details over the phone.  I feel that's a bit backward.
The other thing is, these people are really rude over the phone... no manners at all.
I think i have just placed my FINAL order with them, after the way the man spoke to me.

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2005, 08:27:15 AM »
that's probably because they are too cheap to want to sort out an online payment system...worldpay and other companies similar would want a percentage of their processing sales.
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2005, 05:46:42 AM »
One thing about Skyco... you can place your order on the internet, but they dont take payment over the internet (why?!), so you have to phone them later and give your credit card details over the phone.  I feel that's a bit backward.
The other thing is, these people are really rude over the phone... no manners at all.
I think i have just placed my FINAL order with them, after the way the man spoke to me.
I have only ever spoken to the lady and she was extremely polite to me.

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2005, 09:16:08 AM »
been having  a terrible time finding fish..scallops??  anyone have any luck at a regular grocery store  or do I have  to go down to the City Centre?
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

• Liked: 0
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2005, 11:26:41 AM »
Costco has them in the frozen section. You should also be able to find fresh ones at a good fishmongers

goodluck
jc

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2005, 11:30:26 AM »
I've seen scallops available almost every time I go to Sainsbury's...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2005, 08:32:57 PM »
Yep.. i've seen them at the fresh fish counter, and sometimes pre-packaged as well, in Sainsbury's.
But we have a fish van that comes twice a week, and i normally get them from him.

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2005, 01:26:09 PM »
Discovered newcomer link: http://www.obcusa.co.uk [nonactive] the other day. Unbelievable range.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2005, 03:37:28 PM »
Discovered www.obcusa.co.uk the other day. Unbelievable range.

Ooooh, I've never seen this site! Thanks for sharing!  ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »
I was excited looking at that website - good food, good prices....until I saw the 20GBP charge for shipping!  Yikes - that seems really high.
wife of Durham student!

• updated photo! :)
    • www.myspace.com/vivian2003
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2005, 09:49:32 PM »
i didn't read every thread here because i'm kind of in a hurry.... but, u have Dorito's (the cool ranch kind) there?? I ate a family size bag last week with sour cream....... strange mix i know, just had a craving........lmao

xx.Viv.xx
-Vicks

Can't wait to save the money to get to the UK!! :)
Car is PAID OFF!!! Woo Hoo

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2005, 11:32:52 PM »
i didn't read every thread here because i'm kind of in a hurry.... but, u have Dorito's (the cool ranch kind) there?? I ate a family size bag last week with sour cream....... strange mix i know, just had a craving........lmao

xx.Viv.xx

Yes, we have the cool ranch here, though sour cream is hard to come by (Sorry, do not consider soured cream the same at all!)  Though Creme Fraiche comes close.  In fact IMO it's better ;)

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2005, 10:24:30 PM »
I can get saltines here on the Island that is shipped from the USA.....They also used to sell $100,000 bars and butterfingers lunch box size...Maple flavored instant oatmeal. They also do a generic brand of mayo...Our shop here is named the same as a store in California and they ship ALOT of American stuff here..several years ago they had COOL WHIP!!!   :\\\'(  it didn't go down well here and they discontinued it...We get OrIda potato products here as well and Eggo's. If anyone is interested let me know and I will figure out cost of posting and a list of all the items i can get here....... ;D I have a daughter that is moving back in August as well if anyone wants something brought back????

I have ordered Velveeta last year from Skyco but it is at an OUTRAGEOUS price something like £4.99 for the smallest bar of Velveeta that you could get in the states for $.99 along with rotel tomatoes. I did a Mexican buffet for my husband's birthday party.  Our friends over here loved it.

I have also ordered things from cybercandy...they are very good but the stock is always low. If anyone is from the south and miss things like pinto bean or black eyed peas or black beans I can get them at our local health food store. So checking out health food stores might be a option. Ours also does alot of gourmet food. They have 5 alarm chili mix as well....the kind that comes in the burlap bag.....and also imports blue corn tortilla chips....Oh they also do a great pancake/waffle mix....in original buttermilk, cinn apple and another in blueberry.

Boots does waffle makers if anyone was searching for one.....I bought mine from Lakeland Plastics...but they don't seem to do them anymore....I paid about £40 for mine and the ones at Boots are now about £20

Selfridges is good for American products......but very high.......

I think I have rambled enuf...but I am serious if anyone wants some stuff I will package it up and post

Ciao
Shell

• Caution:tastes nothing like a strawberry milkshake
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2005, 06:55:34 PM »
Has anyone seen mozzarella sticks (or any cheese sticks, really) in London?  I've looked online through Waitrose's and Tesco's inventories but there isn't anything it.  The American food importers don't seem to sell 'em either - is it because they're a frozen food?

Thanks!
"He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River."

Sponsored Links