Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ok, about 02 saturation levels  (Read 12603 times)

• Liked: 681
Re: Ok, about 02 saturation levels
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2019, 07:01:04 PM »
Huh. Well that's interesting. I had no idea they could do that sort of thing.

Quite often I'll be fine as long as I'm moving along, but when I stop it'll hit. Of course, sometimes it's just out of the blue. Fingers are crossed they'll sort it out. Dysautonomia runs in the family, but I thought I'd been spared. I've got a cousin who has a kid who is vaguely like one of those narcoleptic goats - he gets startled and keels over. Eventually recovers on his own, but down like a sack of rocks. Other family members have had problems with unstable blood pressure, but they'd had it all their lives.  If lucky, I'll find out one way or the other. I was hoping they'd ask for the stress test, as if anything would bring it on, that would. Once I stopped.

It'd be nice to just get it sorted out. I want to go on vacation in the fall.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2019, 07:03:53 PM »
If dysautonomia runs in the family you could ask for a tilt table test. If it's one of those things tied to position that would likely catch it. I had to log my blood pressure for a while to show I had orthostatic intolerance, and for a while was prescribed midodrine until I could get my legs stronger to keep me upright with a high enough BP.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2019, 07:13:06 PM »
Ah, yes. Midodrine. Take BP laying down, then standing up, then after having been standing up for a bit. I know the drill - had to help someone do that a few years ago. The BP cuff won't even register my BP when I first stand up - it's too low. Bit of a smoking gun there, I guess. I'll pass it along to cardiology. (I have an automatic BP cuff because when I left my employer I had a few hundred dollars left in my Health Savings Account that had to be used within a couple of months, or lose it. I had all sorts of "stuff" sent over from the States and charged it to that account. We're well-stocked in ace bandages, support hose, thermometers, and that sort of thing.  ;)  )

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2019, 03:51:27 PM »
Yup. EKG "normal."  I'm to hand-carry the printout to my GP. (!!!!!)
Seeing cardiologist next weekend. Asked if I should take it to them, instead, and the tech said she'd be able to see it on their systems.
Now officially exhausted and going to take a nap.

Happy Friday!

• Liked: 724
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2019, 04:13:47 PM »
Yup. EKG "normal."  I'm to hand-carry the printout to my GP. (!!!!!)
Seeing cardiologist next weekend. Asked if I should take it to them, instead, and the tech said she'd be able to see it on their systems.
Now officially exhausted and going to take a nap.

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

I would make a copy of the EKG for your own records and take it with you to the cardiologist.  If he/she says they don't see it on your records then you can produce it like a rabbit out of a hat.

Good luck.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2019, 11:53:59 PM »
Yeah, that was kind of my plan. I'll mail the original to the GP after the cardio appointment. And keep a copy for me.

What a 30-second (if that) EKG would be good for, with me laying down and "resting"... when it's exertion that brings it on... eh? Oh, well. It's done.

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2019, 09:11:22 AM »
Yeah, that was kind of my plan. I'll mail the original to the GP after the cardio appointment. And keep a copy for me.

What a 30-second (if that) EKG would be good for, with me laying down and "resting"... when it's exertion that brings it on... eh? Oh, well. It's done.

I had a treadmill stress test as did my friend and that didn’t work either

• Liked: 958
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2019, 10:09:16 AM »
I needed an echo to show my heart issues, along with all the home tracking for BP since it wasn't picked up on ekg and 24 hour monitor. My valves are not good thanks to EDS but the electrical signals are always fine, and even with moderate regurgitation it can't be heard when listening. So I hope they'll be sending you for an echo and further testing!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2019, 09:25:28 AM »
Sounds frustrating Nan, at least there is some stuff coming back normal. Hopefully cardiologist can help this week. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2019, 11:31:38 AM »
Sounds frustrating Nan, at least there is some stuff coming back normal. Hopefully cardiologist can help this week.

Thanks. I was feeling better. So much better than on Saturday I mopped the kitchen floor and took a blanket out back to put on the line and beat (it's crocheted, so that's kind of standard - it doesn't fit in the machine so it just gets beaten now and then until it absolutely has to be shipped out to be washed). Yesterday I could hardly get out of bed - serious back spasms. Took a pill, slapped on a patch (or two). Grumbled all day while sitting upright in a straight-backed chair. Today am better enough to be up and around and going to soak in a hot bath in a bit (now that I think I can get back out again). It just never freaking stops!  Sigh. It's not the years, ya know. It's the mileage!  ;)

• Liked: 37
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2019, 02:50:57 AM »
Glad you had a good day and got to take out some frustration on an innocent blanket 😉

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2019, 04:27:40 PM »
Nan, if you had a smartphone you could sign up to Twitter and follow @POTUS while waiting for your next appointment or set of tests. That should bring on your symptoms for the docs to see*.

*Warning: Following @POTUS is known to be bad for your health

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2019, 06:13:01 PM »
Nan, if you had a smartphone you could sign up to Twitter and follow @POTUS while waiting for your next appointment or set of tests. That should bring on your symptoms for the docs to see*.

*Warning: Following @POTUS is known to be bad for your health

Don't do this unless you are actually within shouting distance of a doctor. 

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2019, 06:43:42 PM »
yeahhhh, no.

;)

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2019, 06:50:04 PM »
yeahhhh, no.

;)

Would it help if I carried you on my shoulders?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab