Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying to remain in the UK  (Read 10172 times)

• Liked: 6111
Re: Applying to remain in the UK
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2019, 07:51:49 PM »
Thanks. If I had gone today, I may have ended up taking the train to the wrong post office. Once again thank you.

Glad that didn't happen!  :)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2019, 12:01:35 PM »
Hello everyone,
Good news, got my new BRP card delivered to me yesterday, though I just got it today as I wasn't here to pick up yesterday. I am assuming they wouldn't have sent me a new card if my visa had not been renewed. However, still have not gotten letter to tell me my visa has been renewed or my materials back.
Should I be expect them to be delivered by today and will they also be delivered by DX or by Royal Mail. And will I need to be home to sign for them or can they leave them in porch. Thanks for everyone's help.

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2019, 12:11:51 PM »
Hello everyone,
Good news, got my new BRP card delivered to me yesterday, though I just got it today as I wasn't here to pick up yesterday. I am assuming they wouldn't have sent me a new card if my visa had not been renewed. However, still have not gotten letter to tell me my visa has been renewed or my materials back.
Should I be expect them to be delivered by today and will they also be delivered by DX or by Royal Mail. And will I need to be home to sign for them or can they leave them in porch. Thanks for everyone's help.

Congratulations.  Yes, the BRP means you are successful.

The documents will be returned by Royal Mail second class.  :)

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2019, 12:21:19 PM »
Great. :)
Don't think I am getting the letter and materials today as I just got my mail delivered and tomorrow won't be around to collect any packages so will probably be when it gets delivered.
Big relief and once again everyone here has been of such great help. Thank you.

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »
Congratulations, Oden!  :)

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2021, 12:48:31 PM »
Hello everyone,
Has been over 5 years now since I moved to the UK to be with my now wife. In a few months it will be time to renew my visa to the 5 year leave to remain (marriage) visa. Will have more questions when it gets closer to the time when I need to renew my visa, but do have a question about the current HNS surcharges.
Last I saw the surcharge fee was 624 pounds per year. Is this the current surcharge fee or are they planning on raising it again before the end of the year. Honestly, if that is what I will have to pay, we really can't afford it. I mean, I literally can't cover it with my savings. I would have to cover it with my US credit card and with the conversion from pounds to dollars, I will be in debt for years especially when you take into consideration the actual visa fees as well.
Does anyone know what the 5 year visa fee will be when the new budget goes into effect, along with the surcharge NHS fee. At 624 I am already looking at a total fee of 3120 pounds alone just for the NHS surcharge fee. Thank you.

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2021, 12:52:27 PM »
Hello everyone,
Has been over 5 years now since I moved to the UK to be with my now wife. In a few months it will be time to renew my visa to the 5 year leave to remain (marriage) visa. Will have more questions when it gets closer to the time when I need to renew my visa, but do have a question about the current HNS surcharges.
Last I saw the surcharge fee was 624 pounds per year. Is this the current surcharge fee or are they planning on raising it again before the end of the year. Honestly, if that is what I will have to pay, we really can't afford it. I mean, I literally can't cover it with my savings. I would have to cover it with my US credit card and with the conversion from pounds to dollars, I will be in debt for years especially when you take into consideration the actual visa fees as well.
Does anyone know what the 5 year visa fee will be when the new budget goes into effect, along with the surcharge NHS fee. At 624 I am already looking at a total fee of 3120 pounds alone just for the NHS surcharge fee. Thank you.

There is no IHS (Immigration health surcharge) for ILR.  :)

• Liked: 3597
Applying to remain in the UK
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2021, 01:34:16 PM »
It’s not a 5-year visa that you will be applying for, it’s Indefinite Leave to Remain (permanent residence) in the UK, which you can qualify for after living in the U.K. for 5 years on other visas.

It means that:
-  your new visa will be valid indefinitely unless you move away from the U.K. for more than 2 years
- there will be no more visas to apply for
- there is no IHS surcharge to pay as you will now be eligible for ‘free’ NHS care without paying it
- you will also now be eligible to claim U.K. government benefits, same as a U.K. citizen.

Also, once you have ILR, you can apply for U.K. citizenship, as long as you meet all the residency and good character requirements for it.

The current fee for ILR is £2,389 (plus £19.20 for biometrics), so unless you pay for any extra services, that’s all you will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 01:36:44 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2021, 06:47:50 PM »
Thanks  larrabee and ksand24,
Wow, did I get that wrong, glad I asked. For whatever reason I have been sure for years that I would have to apply for a 5 year visa, then be able apply to remain and become a UK Citizen, though my preference is to have dual UK/US Citizenship when the time comes. That's great news and will make my wife very happy as well. :) Thank you for getting back to me so soon and giving me the correct information. No doubt I will be coming back here in a few months when the time comes to apply and make sure I get everything correct. Thank you.

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2021, 06:53:04 PM »
Thanks  larrabee and ksand24,
Wow, did I get that wrong, glad I asked. For whatever reason I have been sure for years that I would have to apply for a 5 year visa, then be able apply to remain and become a UK Citizen, though my preference is to have dual UK/US Citizenship when the time comes. That's great news and will make my wife very happy as well. :) Thank you for getting back to me so soon and giving me the correct information. No doubt I will be coming back here in a few months when the time comes to apply and make sure I get everything correct. Thank you.

Just checking that you have passed your life in the UK test? If not, get started studying now, it's a requirement of the ILR application.

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2021, 06:58:53 PM »
No problem :).

Your visa journey actually is:
- 6-month Fiance visa
- 2.5 years on first FLR(M) visa
- 2.5 years on second FLR(M) visa
- Apply for ILR after 5 years on FLR(M)
- Apply for UK citizenship once you have ILR, if you choose to

As larrabee said though, you must have passed the Life in the UK test before you apply for ILR, as it is a requirement.

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »
Hello everyone,
Am finally getting around to do the life in the UK test next week. Was going to do it earlier, but things have come up and haven't been able to. Quick question, once I take the test and hopefully pass, what do I need to do when I'm applying for my last visa. Do I need to get some sort of corticate and include it with my Visa package. Is there a number assigned to me once I pass the test and just have to give them that number.
I guess depending on what the answer to my previous question is, how quickly will I get the information needed for my Visa to show I have passed the residence test. Do I get everything I need once I pass the test or once again do I need some sort of certificate, which would of course take longer. Thank you.

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2021, 10:20:43 AM »
Hello everyone,
Am finally getting around to do the life in the UK test next week. Was going to do it earlier, but things have come up and haven't been able to. Quick question, once I take the test and hopefully pass, what do I need to do when I'm applying for my last visa. Do I need to get some sort of corticate and include it with my Visa package. Is there a number assigned to me once I pass the test and just have to give them that number.
I guess depending on what the answer to my previous question is, how quickly will I get the information needed for my Visa to show I have passed the residence test. Do I get everything I need once I pass the test or once again do I need some sort of certificate, which would of course take longer. Thank you.

When you pass the test, you will get a Unique Reference Number, which you enter into the online visa application form.

You will also need this reference number again if/when you apply for UK citizenship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2021, 12:49:29 PM »
Hello,
As always thank you for your help. It's a bit of a relief to know, now I just need to past the test. Sure I will back here soon with more questions when it comes time to renew my Visa once again. Hopefully for the last time. Once again, thanks for all of your help.

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »
Good luck!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab