Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 412912 times)

• Liked: 6111
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #7890 on: October 30, 2020, 06:24:18 PM »
Happy Birthday Sobe!  [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

Albatross, I hope they are paying you?

• Liked: 958
« Reply #7891 on: October 30, 2020, 10:08:34 PM »
Happy birthday Sobe!

1. Next week is going to be madness. But it feels good to be useful again after months of unemployment. Finding the right volunteer opportunity matters.

2. I panicked because I got a notification from the covid tracking app, but apparently most of those are just from the API used and don't necessarily mean you need to isolate. The actual app will supposedly tell you in no uncertain terms if you're at risk. But that's still concerning since the only place I go is to pick up prescriptions or Click n Collect groceries outside at the store. (We live so close that delivery seemed a bit extreme now that click n collect is readily available)

3. Carving pumpkins tomorrow. Can't wait for roasted pumpkin seeds.

4. I made pickled peppers this week with a bunch of my 2nd harvest. It's a mix of everything because I didn't have a ton of any single variety, but I hope that will make it awesome and not quite as spicy. The anaheim peppers were quite warm! I'm really enjoying growing food!

5. DST destroys me. I'd be happy on "summer time" all year.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #7892 on: November 01, 2020, 03:10:51 PM »

Albatross, I hope they are paying you?

Yeah, im salaried rather than hourly, so i get paid -- no worries there.

Hope Sobe had a nice birthday, KFD.

Elee, have you guys already moved to Glasgow?  Whereabouts are you?

• Liked: 104
« Reply #7893 on: November 01, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »
Elee, have you guys already moved to Glasgow?  Whereabouts are you?
Haven’t moved yet since we’re still waiting on info about a start date for his new job! Most likely it’ll be around Christmas time / early in the New Year. We plan to look for somewhere in Renfrewshire when the time comes.
Spouse visa received: 30 November 2018
Arrived in the UK: 27 December 2018

FLR(M)
Application submitted: 4 August 2021 (super priority)
Biometrics: 15 August 2021
Decision: 16 August 2021 - approved!

ILR
Application submitted: 14 December 2023 (super priority)
Biometrics: 17 December 2023
Decision: 18 December 2023 - approved!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
« Reply #7894 on: November 06, 2020, 09:10:20 AM »
Happy Friday!

1.) I am exhausted and fingerless after this election week! [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

2.) Flu jab this morning. Oh the excitement!  :P

3.)Going out and about tomorrow to the wildlife park and a few Outdoor Christmas fairs.  Tier 1 up here, so still have lots of freedoms.
 ;D

4.) Have to record several parts of Christmas carols and music for online collaboration videos this weekend. [smiley=elf.gif]

5.) Hubby and I bought another banjoele this week. He started to learn and he’s doing great But we couldn’t share nicely so another one was needed!  [smiley=guitarist.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7895 on: November 06, 2020, 05:02:20 PM »
I cannot believe it’s Friday. Where has the week gone!!?!

1.  Things could be worse than the election and lockdown. This was installed at the secondary school near me yesterday. At first I thought “stop your moaning” about hearing an air dome was installed for year round sports. Then someone posted the picture from their back garden. Used to be green fields. They raised the elevation by several feet and then put this thing up.  Truly the ugliest thing ever!

2.  The memes from the election are a gift!

3.  My brother is believed to have COVID. Was tested Sunday but still doesn’t have the results. But nothing in his chest so I’m not worried. Seems like the worst is over (fever, chills, loss of taste).

4.  My mom is a crying mess due to point 3.  She doesn’t seem to realise he’s absolutely fine. I spoke to him yesterday. He’s fine. He was working in his workshop and said he feels a million times better than he did on Sunday. Not on deaths door. My mom was sobbing.  <sigh>

5.  Sobe enjoyed his party on Saturday. Oozing with grumpy cat sarcasm of course!  The hat is real!  I can’t believe how good it is for 99p!

• Liked: 958
« Reply #7896 on: November 06, 2020, 06:22:13 PM »
Friday!

I agree the election memes are amazing KFdancer, and WOW that dome is terrible.

I hope your recording goes well this weekend PB!

1. I've spent the last 7 days volunteering in the background for an awareness week. 13 zoom sessions, the most being 4 in one day, while a hidden moderator on most. Wow was that intense! After being unemployed since March basically diving back into a full time volunteer job was good but also very exhausting. I'm excited to see what comes from it though. The community thought the group had hired professionals for it, nope, it was entirely patient volunteers! Which a huge feat in itself because we are all living with chronic and pretty severe health issues.

2. Wow do we have a long way to go with medical cannabis in the UK. Some of the patient stories have been heartbreaking but also so hopeful. This country is so far behind but people are working tirelessly to change that.

3. This lockdown changes pretty much nothing for me, except now my husband has to postpone his driving test again. *sigh*

4. I really hope things get under control with covid soon. Far too many people have died, but also the increase in mental health difficulties, poverty and so on... They need to fix the testing system.

5. Really looking forward to a takeaway curry tonight. Not cooking after a long week is nice!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7897 on: November 13, 2020, 08:44:25 AM »
Happy Friday!!

1.) Company wide day off, as a mental health day! 👍🏻

2.) Waiting on my latest batch of beer ingredients to arrive, supposed to be today, but I don’t think it’s shipped yet 🤔

3.) Drinking a gorgeous Kenyan coffee this morning that we got as a gift. Looked up the price and we won’t be getting anymore , anytime soon 😱

4.) Going to attempt to make fried chicken tonight! 🍗

5.)  Very glad MasterChef is back on. Interesting watching the COVID precautions! 🧑‍🍳
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #7898 on: November 13, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »
I wish we had a mental health day!  Hope you had lots of fun PB!

1.  Hallelujah the work week is over. Been a very mentally exhausting week.

2.  Interview went well though no feedback as yet.  I don’t want the job I’ve decided. So not bothered with the feedback.

3.  I’ve volunteered to coordinate a Christmas lights trail for the PSA. The ladies are sooooo lovely! I feel bad for stereotyping PSA moms. We’ve already had our first complaint though.  Ahhh, people!

4.  I’ve convinced my husband for us to order a new bad. Ours broke more than 5 years ago when we moved to this house. But he still wants to wait to order it until we have final detailed drawings for the architect.  Why this impacts ANYTHING, I’m not quite sure! 

5. I want to veg on the sofa all weekend. And I’d like a masseuse to massage me while I watch trashy tv.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #7899 on: November 13, 2020, 05:40:25 PM »
We just got a new bed! Or bad?! ;)
Tempur, I had several in the states......most expensive and worthwhile bed I’ve ever had.

« Reply #7900 on: November 13, 2020, 05:52:08 PM »
Ugh, yes, a BED!

We just need the frame. My corner has been on the floor (off it’s broken leg) for 5 years. Mattress is fine. ;D

• Liked: 424
« Reply #7901 on: November 13, 2020, 06:05:43 PM »
Ugh, yes, a BED!

We just need the frame. My corner has been on the floor (off it’s broken leg) for 5 years. Mattress is fine. ;D
In your case.....it could be a bad!

« Reply #7902 on: November 20, 2020, 05:02:46 PM »
Friyay!

1. My day started off with a shirty email from my boss. Awesome!  He must have slept on it though as when I called him immediately, he was like “it happens”. Was a formula error but thankfully he caught it.

2.  I didn’t realise I had not finished my bottle of York Gin Grey Lady. Found it tonight and am finishing it off. Yum!

3.  A friend and I did a joint order from Fortnum and Mason’s for Christmas gifts. I wanted to get a few things for my husband. So ended up with 2 things for him and 4 for me.

4.  He did the school run this afternoon. My reason I couldn’t do it was because it’s too cold! 

5.  As we are doing Christmas just the 4 of us, we’ve ordered from Cote Brasserie’s Cote at Home dinner. Woohoo!  Should be tasty and no fuss!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #7903 on: November 20, 2020, 05:44:48 PM »
Happy Friday! Yay for Fortum and Masons, KFDancer!

1.) Have enjoyed a good,  but pretty lazy week off work. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2.) Doing more and more music recording. Having much fun! [smiley=guitarist.gif]

3.) First bits of wintry weather yesterday. Luckily didn’t stick or anything [smiley=elf.gif]

4.) Need to plan for a wee Thanksgiving next week.  [smiley=chef.gif]

5.) My husband has a new obsession with bonsai!  :D
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #7904 on: November 20, 2020, 08:21:57 PM »

5.) My husband has a new obsession with bonsai!  :D

I’ve always wanted one!  Maybe I should ask for one for Christmas!

Sponsored Links