Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)  (Read 9790 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »
So, if you have only been temporarily staying together at someone else's house, this is not living together, and so your answer to 1.19 is NO.

Thank you. 

Trying to go in early to get my biometrics done before my wife flies back to the UK.  What all do I need to take with me for the biometrics appointment?

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2018, 04:54:57 PM »
Trying to go in early to get my biometrics done before my wife flies back to the UK.  What all do I need to take with me for the biometrics appointment?

You need:
- your passport
- your printed biometrics confirmation sheet... the one with the barcode on it, not the email

Some people take their printed online application too, but it shouldn't be needed.

At the appointment they will check your passport, stamp your confirmation sheet, take your fingerprints and photo and send you home :). Then you place the passport and stamped sheet with your documents and mail them to Sheffield within 5 days.

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2018, 05:27:53 PM »
You need:
- your passport
- your printed biometrics confirmation sheet... the one with the barcode on it, not the email

Some people take their printed online application too, but it shouldn't be needed.

At the appointment they will check your passport, stamp your confirmation sheet, take your fingerprints and photo and send you home :). Then you place the passport and stamped sheet with your documents and mail them to Sheffield within 5 days.

Does it have to be within 5 calendar days, or 5 business days?

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2018, 05:38:10 PM »
Does it have to be within 5 calendar days, or 5 business days?

5 calendar days... so if you attend biometrics on a Wednesday, the documents must be mailed by Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2018, 05:45:52 PM »
5 calendar days... so if you attend biometrics on a Wednesday, the documents must be mailed by Monday.

Is the biometrics confirmation sheet or the document I need to take with me to the appointment part of the online visa application?  If not, where do I find it?

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2018, 05:47:32 PM »
Is the biometrics confirmation sheet or the document I need to take with me to the appointment part of the online visa application?  If not, where do I find it?

Yes, it will be generated in your online application account when you book the biometrics appointment. So, you print both the online application and the biometrics confirmation at the same time.

« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
Yes, it will be generated in your online application account when you book the biometrics appointment. So, you print both the online application and the biometrics confirmation at the same time.

Looking at the printed online application now, should the issuing office for my spousal visa be the British Consulate General New York?  I thought I was mailing this to Sheffield?

« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2018, 04:05:55 PM »

Where do I find the IHS surcharge receipt?  Do I just print the email with the IHS reference number?  Also, where do I need to write it on my visa application?

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2018, 04:10:22 PM »
Looking at the printed online application now, should the issuing office for my spousal visa be the British Consulate General New York?  I thought I was mailing this to Sheffield?

As long as you have definitely applied for a settlement visa, that's probably a remnant from when they were processed in NY.

Where do I find the IHS surcharge receipt?  Do I just print the email with the IHS reference number?  Also, where do I need to write it on my visa application?

If there is not an obvious place for it, just include the email.

« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2018, 07:01:00 PM »
Yep :).

So, I would just answer as follows: 'Yes, when I am in the UK with permission to work, I intend to find a job in X field'

Edited because I read the question guidance and they do ask for more info than the answer I wrote gave :P.

On the VAF4A for question 3.21 I answered YES as my wife meets Category A of the financial requirement.  What do I answer for 3.22

« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2018, 07:17:12 PM »
On the VAF4A for question 3.21 I answered YES as my wife meets Category A of the financial requirement.  What do I answer for 3.22

You leave it blank because it does not apply to you.

« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2018, 07:31:56 PM »
You leave it blank because it does not apply to you.

Okay thank you.  Also, what exactly do I need to pay for on VFS in terms of priority processing?  Do I pay for the Settlement Priority Visa?  It is 848 USD.

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2018, 07:47:23 PM »
Okay thank you.  Also, what exactly do I need to pay for on VFS in terms of priority processing?  Do I pay for the Settlement Priority Visa?  It is 848 USD.

That's the one.  Purchase the shipping labels at the same time.

« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
That's the one.  Purchase the shipping labels at the same time.

I have several questions as my wife and I will be sending off my visa application and documents on Monday or Tuesday:

1) Is it okay to change the date that my wife and I met on the VAF4A as I was off on the date by about a week?  I just want it to match the actual date, and the one in her letter of support which includes a history of our relationship.  Do we just cross it out and put the right date beside it, initial and date it?

2) Where do I need to write the IHS reference number on the visa application? 

3) Is it okay if I only buy return shipping as my wife took everything we had back over to the UK and she will be posting it from there?

4) Do I need to write any descriptions by the screenshots in the WhatsApp call/text log?

5) Do I need to write any desriptions for the printed photos of my wife and I?

6) What does my wife need to put as our reason for choosing to live in the UK (which was noted as a requirement for her letter of support)?

Thank you guys again, we would be lost without you!

« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2018, 01:54:34 PM »
1) Is it okay to change the date that my wife and I met on the VAF4A as I was off on the date by about a week?  I just want it to match the actual date, and the one in her letter of support which includes a history of our relationship.  Do we just cross it out and put the right date beside it, initial and date it?

Yes, that's fine to change it. Just cross it out and write in the correct date. If you like, you can include a note in the cover letter to say why it has been corrected.

2) Where do I need to write the IHS reference number on the visa application? 

Wherever they can see it. You could put it at the top of the first page, maybe.

Also, if you print out your email receipt with the number on it, you can include that as well.

3) Is it okay if I only buy return shipping as my wife took everything we had back over to the UK and she will be posting it from there?

Yes, that's fine... though how are you getting your passport, biometrics receipt and application forms to her?

4) Do I need to write any descriptions by the screenshots in the WhatsApp call/text log?

Nope.

5) Do I need to write any desriptions for the printed photos of my wife and I?

Nope. You should only have 2 photos anyway - one from the wedding and one from another time in your relationship. All they need to show is that you have met in person... doesn't matter when or where.

6) What does my wife need to put as our reason for choosing to live in the UK (which was noted as a requirement for her letter of support)?

You put whatever your reason for choosing to live in the UK is.

We can't tell you what to write, because we don't know what your reason is.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab